Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 18th Feb 2019 at 11:13 PM

This user has the following games installed:

Sims 3, World Adventures, Ambitions, Late Night, Generations, Pets, Showtime, Supernatural, Seasons, University Life, Island Paradise, Into the Future
Default Default Replacement Eyes Show up in CAS - But Not In-Game
I'm having an issue with default replacement eyes. I've tried several different sets and I have the same problem each time.

When I load the game, all my Sims are unchanged with the same Maxis eyes. If I turn on testing cheats and take them back to CAS, the defaults show up. When I exit CAS, the defaults are showing up for that particular Sim in the game. I have to do this for each individual Sim to get the defaults to show in-game. It's quite tedious, and the whole reason I want defaults is so I don't have to do this.

Am I doing something wrong? Any suggestions?
Advertisement
Mad Poster
#2 Old 19th Feb 2019 at 12:30 AM
I'm not too familiar with how defaults work in TS3, but if this happens in TS2 then deleting the cache files tend to work. Cache files save an image of sorts of the item, and may still show up even if the original item is gone or replaced. I know TS3 has cache files (possibly a lot of them), so it might be worth a try. I don't know which caches could be the problem, so you may want to consult a problemfinding tutorial for TS3.

If you're worried anything might get borked when deleting the files, you could do a backup of the files in "...Documents\Electronic Arts\The Sims 3"
Alchemist
#3 Old 19th Feb 2019 at 2:10 PM
Yes, like already said above, if you already haven't tried deleting cache files...

CasPartCache.package
compositorCache.package
scriptCache.package
simCompositorCache.package

...then try that. I had that same problem once a long time ago and way back then I had to even delete the cache files from the WorldCaches folder before the eyes worked. If all those sets are by the same creator, then it could be the eye files that are bad.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#4 Old 19th Feb 2019 at 11:51 PM
Thank you! I will try this and see if it helps.

Edit: It didn't work, but thank you anyway! I'll keep looking for a solution.