Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 3rd May 2023 at 1:57 AM
Default CC Magic: Multiple Rebuids?
So I am new user of CC Magic and it's great!

Something I have noticed is that there are MULTIPLE build (rebuild) files, so I want to know if it is safe to delete the older builds and keep the newest instead?
I've tried finding this information myself but I can't find anything on this specific topic.

Screenshots
Advertisement
Instructor
#2 Old 3rd May 2023 at 10:55 AM Last edited by CardinalSims : 3rd May 2023 at 10:58 AM. Reason: Removed reference to incorrect folder.
I've never actually seen this behaviour even with CC Magic managing about 7GB of content at the moment.
The one reference to a build above 0 I could find was in context to being in the Default set, so I assume this is how it handles CC that hasn't been divided into sets of their own. Personally, I don't let anything actually load from Default, but I don't know what your setup is like.

My understanding would be that unless another one of these appears every single time you hit Rebuild, they are distinct merges. That being said, it's always completely safe to delete anything CC Magic generates. Everything installed to CC Magic exists in its loose form in the CC Magic folder. Anything you delete from Mods > Cache will be detected on app launch or Refresh, then recreated on Rebuild.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#3 Old 3rd May 2023 at 10:44 PM
Quote: Originally posted by CardinalSims
I've never actually seen this behaviour even with CC Magic managing about 7GB of content at the moment.
The one reference to a build above 0 I could find was in context to being in the Default set, so I assume this is how it handles CC that hasn't been divided into sets of their own. Personally, I don't let anything actually load from Default, but I don't know what your setup is like.

My understanding would be that unless another one of these appears every single time you hit Rebuild, they are distinct merges. That being said, it's always completely safe to delete anything CC Magic generates. Everything installed to CC Magic exists in its loose form in the CC Magic folder. Anything you delete from Mods > Cache will be detected on app launch or Refresh, then recreated on Rebuild.

Yeah like I said, I can't find anything on it myself but it makes sense if you're saying that you've never seen that yourself. From the reads and videos I've watched no one has ever mentioned it or referenced it, to me it seems like its not normal but I mean my game has everything in so its not affecting from what I can tell.

This leads me to my next question, you say its okay to delete from the cache folder, so can I just get rid of all the folders and it'll be okay? I am wondering if that many builds could slow down my game, in theory I feel like it creates extra work trying to load all the same packages with the same CC in them several times over, ya know?
Test Subject
#4 Old 4th May 2023 at 12:57 AM
CC Magic can only merge files up to 1GB, generally, so any sets larger than that size will end up with multiple MODBUILD package files. This looks completely normal to me and no cause for concern.
Test Subject
#5 Old 4th May 2023 at 1:06 AM
An example of one of my own sets with multiple packages - I put mine in as few sets as possible because I want as few package files as possible. This set is just enormous, about 6GB on its own. It's all of my CAS items for my gameplay folder. But yeah, the ModBUILD packages max out at around 1GB. Then a new one is created if the set size exceeds that and it will always make a new ModBUILD once the most recent one reaches 1GB.
Screenshots
Instructor
#6 Old 4th May 2023 at 1:28 AM
Quote: Originally posted by EpicNumberONE
An example of one of my own sets with multiple packages - I put mine in as few sets as possible because I want as few package files as possible. This set is just enormous, about 6GB on its own. It's all of my CAS items for my gameplay folder. But yeah, the ModBUILD packages max out at around 1GB. Then a new one is created if the set size exceeds that and it will always make a new ModBUILD once the most recent one reaches 1GB.

Thank you for the confirmation! The largest single set I could find within my own was 700MB so I couldn't confirm if they get split by size.

Quote: Originally posted by Brilishh
I am wondering if that many builds could slow down my game, in theory I feel like it creates extra work trying to load all the same packages with the same CC in them several times over, ya know?

What I meant, and now confirmed that this is intended functionality, is that these files aren't identical. There is nothing wrong with them being there

For future reference, any time a change is made to a set managed by CC Magic, a Rebuild is required to 'remake' the merged set. Deleting the merge (the ModBuild) counts as a 'change' and Rebuild will make them again.
If all of those files were required, it will simply make all of them again.
You might also want to make a few sets to divide the CC into yourself, save some headaches in the future if you ever need to narrow down something broken.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#7 Old 4th May 2023 at 8:13 PM
Quote: Originally posted by EpicNumberONE
CC Magic can only merge files up to 1GB, generally, so any sets larger than that size will end up with multiple MODBUILD package files. This looks completely normal to me and no cause for concern.

Thank you so much for this info! I was worried that maybe something happen to be wrong with my program but this is great thank you so much for the information.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#8 Old 4th May 2023 at 8:18 PM
Quote: Originally posted by CardinalSims
Thank you for the confirmation! The largest single set I could find within my own was 700MB so I couldn't confirm if they get split by size.

What I meant, and now confirmed that this is intended functionality, is that these files aren't identical. There is nothing wrong with them being there

For future reference, any time a change is made to a set managed by CC Magic, a Rebuild is required to 'remake' the merged set. Deleting the merge (the ModBuild) counts as a 'change' and Rebuild will make them again.
If all of those files were required, it will simply make all of them again.
You might also want to make a few sets to divide the CC into yourself, save some headaches in the future if you ever need to narrow down something broken.

Thank you for your help!

I've been putting everything into sets catergorized by fucntion, ex: CAS > (The following folders) Skins > Lashes > Hair ,etc etc TRUST, I already got that step down because I already do that with my folders in the mods folders with specific mods