Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 19th Aug 2010 at 5:40 PM
.package file
I have a mesh that was given to me yet it is in the .package file format. I want to work with this in Milkshape, yet have no idea how to import a package file. I do hae S3PE if that helps...but I would need pretty much a decently detailed instruction. Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Advertisement
world renowned whogivesafuckologist
retired moderator
#2 Old 19th Aug 2010 at 5:50 PM
I think you'd be best off following a basic meshing tutorial for whatever type of thing you're trying to edit - clothes, object, whatever - don't worry about editing the item you're wanting to just yet - learn to make a basic object or whatever it is. Not only will that teach you how to get your mesh in and out of the .package, but it'll get you any additional plugins you need, any settings changed, and the basic knowledge of certain things you may need to do in Milkshape to work with that type of mesh.

my simblr (sometimes nsfw)

“Dude, suckin’ at something is the first step to being sorta good at something.”
Panquecas, panquecas e mais panquecas.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#3 Old 19th Aug 2010 at 11:34 PM
I only need to know how to get the package file into Milkshape, or a tool that will do so. I have tutorials on meshing, but none cover what I am trying to do. So, if anyone knows the process to get a package file into Milkshape, I would appreciate it. Thanks.
Me? Sarcastic? Never.
staff: administrator
#4 Old 20th Aug 2010 at 12:03 AM
You don't get just the .package file into Milkshape, you need to export the mesh into a format that MS can read. If your tutorials don't show how to get the mesh out of the .package then it is an incomplete tutorial. The Tutorials:TS3_Basic_HowTo_Mesh_Guidewiki will show you how to do that plus everything else, including setting up the necessary plugins in MS.