Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

Packing Crates for TS4

by scumbumbo Posted 14th Jun 2015 at 9:16 AM - Updated 1st Mar 2019 at 2:54 AM by scumbumbo : Bug-fixes for Feb 21, 2019 Game Patch

315 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 222 Feedback Posts, 92 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Page 6 of 13
Mad Poster
#126 Old 24th Jul 2015 at 7:25 PM
Thanks for the update! It seems to be working fine now with the fish tanks.

My deviantART, MTS Yearbook Origin ID = Alistu
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#127 Old 25th Jul 2015 at 7:54 PM
This is just brilliant! Thank you!!
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#128 Old 26th Jul 2015 at 10:35 AM
cant pack some stuffs why? help pls >-<
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#129 Old 28th Jul 2015 at 7:22 PM
This is such a neat idea. Thanks, and this really helps me keep extra items in the attic.
Lab Assistant
#130 Old 29th Jul 2015 at 8:56 PM Last edited by FizzMidnight : 30th Jul 2015 at 4:19 AM.
for some reason i can't seem to pack anything. I have a crate in world, and when i click on it, there is only the option to open and put into inventory (there is a 3rd option, but i don't remember what it is, but i do remember it isn't enable packing).

EDIT: After reviewing my folders.. I discovered the script file was missing. Problem, resolved.

EDIT2: bleh, I tried to put something in the crate, but when i click on the item, i don't get the option. I have enabled packing.
Lab Assistant
#131 Old 30th Jul 2015 at 4:44 AM
Quote: Originally posted by scumbumbo
That sounds like script mods are not enabled in the game options. That or the ts4script file is not properly installed. The safest way to install the mod is to place BOTH the package and ts4script file directly into the mods folder. This ensures that they load in the proper order (the package must load before the script does).

ETA - I just realized this mod didn't use the new ts4script file format yet, I have updated the download to use the new file format. This will make the mod no longer compatible with game versions prior to the latest patch (July 9) but makes installation of the mod much easier. Script mods must still be enabled for the mod to function.

Okay.. so I am having trouble with this mod working... I just downloaded it again to make sure I had the most current version and noticed the script file has ts4script in it. In this post that I am quoting, didn't you say it doesn't work with that script type?

EDIT: Okay.. sorry for spamming up your discussion with my problems.. I ran the game to check it and sure enough, it is working after all now.
Deceased
Original Poster
#132 Old 30th Jul 2015 at 5:50 AM
Quote: Originally posted by trojkasam
cant pack some stuffs why? help pls >-<

What items are you unable to pack? There was an update to the mod a while back that fixed an issue with a lot of stuff being unpackable if you don't have Get To Work. Also, anything that is already allowed to be put into a sim's inventory is not crateable.
Deceased
Original Poster
#133 Old 30th Jul 2015 at 5:52 AM
Quote: Originally posted by FizzMidnight
Okay.. so I am having trouble with this mod working... I just downloaded it again to make sure I had the most current version and noticed the script file has ts4script in it. In this post that I am quoting, didn't you say it doesn't work with that script type?

EDIT: Okay.. sorry for spamming up your discussion with my problems.. I ran the game to check it and sure enough, it is working after all now.

No problem, glad you got it working!

The mod didn't use to have a ts4script file, but now it does - that is my preferred packing method for script mods in the future as it seems to cause less confusion than putting a zip file inside a zip file.
Lab Assistant
#134 Old 30th Jul 2015 at 7:22 PM
Quote: Originally posted by scumbumbo
No problem, glad you got it working!

The mod didn't use to have a ts4script file, but now it does - that is my preferred packing method for script mods in the future as it seems to cause less confusion than putting a zip file inside a zip file.

Ohhh! Okay. I understand now. Thanks for clearing that up.
Pettifogging Legalist!
retired moderator
#135 Old 5th Aug 2015 at 12:13 AM
Say what are the implications of having 0x03B33DDF-0x00000000-0x40441721EB0ACFAC objects.components.inventory_enums in your package for other items that also need to modify this? Is it somehow impossible to add a new inventory type without overriding that? I wanted to try and make a storage box for inventory-able items which would also need a custom inventory type, but I'm using the packing crate as well and don't want to conflict with that =/.

(This age-old mod (Fish Freshness) also overrides this, btw -- it is mostly but not entirely obsolete, some people might still be using it. Just so you know in case someone reports weird issues that would only be happening when that tuning is borked.)

Stuff for TS2 · TS3 · TS4 | Please do not PM me with technical questions – we have Create forums for that.

In the kingdom of the blind, do as the Romans do.
Deceased
Original Poster
#136 Old 5th Aug 2015 at 1:41 AM
Quote: Originally posted by plasticbox
Say what are the implications of having 0x03B33DDF-0x00000000-0x40441721EB0ACFAC objects.components.inventory_enums in your package

@plasticbox - I haven't been able to get adding an inventory enum via scripting to work yet. Figuring that one out is on my "todo" list as yes it's a definite potential source of mod conflicts!
Field Researcher
THANKS POST
#137 Old 5th Aug 2015 at 9:55 PM
Thanks for sharing!! Is this mod good for the new patch on 07/28/15?
Deceased
Original Poster
#138 Old 6th Aug 2015 at 5:42 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Etta01
Thanks for sharing!! Is this mod good for the new patch on 07/28/15?

Yes, this mod was checked with the 07/28 patch and all should be good!
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#139 Old 8th Aug 2015 at 10:23 PM
Thank you this is very needed!!!!!
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#140 Old 9th Aug 2015 at 2:08 PM
Genius! I've been desperate for something like this for my con artist sims - thank you!
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#141 Old 10th Aug 2015 at 4:32 PM
tHANKS!
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#142 Old 11th Aug 2015 at 10:20 AM
Yay! So useful. Thank you!
Lab Assistant
#143 Old 11th Aug 2015 at 7:49 PM
It's not working for me. No matter what i do, i can't put any items in the crate. I have the script and i tried removing all the other mods i have but i still can't put anything in. Does it need to be updated?

Edit: quick question: can you put items from the sims inventory into the crate? That's the whole reason i downloaded this. I just notice i can pack things like the refrigerator, but that's not why i downloaded this mod.
Pettifogging Legalist!
retired moderator
#144 Old 11th Aug 2015 at 8:37 PM
Like it says in the first post, "This mod adds a "Pack in Crate" menu item to every item in the game (with a few exceptions) that cannot be normally placed in an inventory." So no, this isn't for inventory items.

Stuff for TS2 · TS3 · TS4 | Please do not PM me with technical questions – we have Create forums for that.

In the kingdom of the blind, do as the Romans do.
Lab Assistant
#145 Old 13th Aug 2015 at 1:27 AM
Quote: Originally posted by plasticbox
Like it says in the first post, "This mod adds a "Pack in Crate" menu item to every item in the game (with a few exceptions) that cannot be normally placed in an inventory." So no, this isn't for inventory items.

Very sorry about that, i have issues with paying attention to certain details.
Test Subject
#146 Old 25th Aug 2015 at 1:16 AM
mr he made lockable doors is feeling himself too much lol
Deceased
Original Poster
#147 Old 26th Aug 2015 at 2:42 AM
Quote: Originally posted by LeoLove
mr he made lockable doors is feeling himself too much lol

Yeah, I hear he has imaginary conversations with his sims and talks about himself in third person a lot too. Was he just trying to write a humorous mod introduction instead of the same old boring crap he usually writes, or is he a total nut job? Only a psychiatrist could tell for sure!
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#148 Old 26th Aug 2015 at 3:17 PM
Just back on Sims 4.. This is another great and wonderful mod from you that may really extend the gameplay :)
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#149 Old 30th Aug 2015 at 2:54 PM
I wish I had seen this mod sooner! I was just grumbling yesterday about moving Nina Caliente and Don Lothario out of the Caliente house and not being able to take any of Nina's bedroom stuff with them. Thank you Scumbumbo! You are a livesaver!
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#150 Old 11th Sep 2015 at 10:46 PM
very useful!
Page 6 of 13