Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 14th Jul 2009 at 5:20 AM Last edited by MadLib_2009 : 27th Jul 2009 at 11:19 PM.
Default Serendipity - The New Alliance - [UPDATED - 7/27] Chapter Four
Hello! I'm extremely excited for this new story and I hope you all will like it as well! I've been working on it for a couple of weeks now and I'm so happy it's finally finished! After making a couple of chapters and then finding out the Exchange has been broken for two months and Maxis is "fixing it," I started brainstorming and I remembered how much I loved this community! I hope you like it! Enjoy!

------------------------------------------------------------------------

Date: June 15th, 2346
Planet: Cetillo

"The usual?" Zeira asked, already reaching for the vodka, knowing her answer before she spoke the words. "Oh, how well you know me," Grace said with a smile, leaning on her elbow that rest on the bar. Every once in a while, The Serendipity would dock on Cetillo to refuel and Grace would escape to The Pink Flamingo while her shipmates took care of the job. And if Logan or Christian tried to stop her to help, Grace would simply say, "Remember the last time I tried to help?" And with that, they would let her go.

"So how's the Captain?" Zeira asked. Grace felt a slight smirk. A couple of years ago, Christian had worked his usual charm on her which resulted in certain things happening which Zeira deemed, "never to be spoken of again."

"He's doing fine," Grace said, taking her drink in her hand.

Grace took a sip and quickly scanned the room. The Pink Flamingo wasn't exactly the hottest spot in town. It always seems to attract the strangest people, who were usually there because only other weird people would be there whom could understand their strange activities. An escape, but much different than the one Grace was looking for.

Grace looked over at a couple in the corner that caught her eye. Obviously both visitors such as herself, considering how little residents on Cetillo were not of the native race. They were also not coy about showing their affection for each other, but seeing how young the girl was and the gear the man was wearing showed Grace their escape involved one-night stands and not exchanging last names, at least for now.

"So how are things with you?" Zeira said in a slightly nervous tone. "Anything interesting going on on the ship?"

Grace sighed and took a large gulp of her drink. "Why don't you ask me what you're really wanting to know?" Zeira took a deep breath. "Why are you still on The Serendipity?" she asked. Grace sighed. This again.

"We've known each other for so many years, Grace! You could come live on Cetillo with me and I could get you a job. My friend's actually looking for an assistant mechanic! I have an unused room in my apartment. Don't you think it's time to settle down? I mean, Christian always gets you all the brink of--"

"You let me worry about Christian Hainne," Grace said firmly. Grace loved Cetillo. The Cetillon race was always friendly and quirky, and the signature of pink hair sure added to it, but the Serendipity had been her home for nearly six years now and she wasn't going to leave anytime soon. "And why exactly do I need to settle down now? I'm twenty-six!"

"I know, Grace. I just meant that it might be time for a new chapter in your life. I just miss you. I used to see you everyday when we were college roomates and well, now...we hardly see each other anymore."

Grace frowned slightly and sighed. "I know," she said softly, taking another sip. "And I'm sorry I haven't kept in touch. But The Serendipity is my home. I'm not ready to leave." Zeira paused and nodded. "If that's really what you want..." she said.

Grace looked around the room, trying to look for anything to change the subject as Zeira silently poured drinks, when suddenly, a young girl caught her eye: eighteen, nineteen at most. Long, brown hair, very skinny. "Who is that girl? She's so young to be so far away from home," Grace said. Zeira looked up.

"Her?" Zeira said. "How do you know how young she is? Or, for that matter, that she doesn't live here? You can be so presumptuous, Grace." Grace laughed and looked back to Zeira. "Anyone could tell she's not yet in her twenties. And, as for where she's from, her hair is brown. She's human."

"Well, just because she's not Cetillon doesn't mean she's human. More races that humans have brown hair. She could be Avian," Zeira said. Grace laughed. "Zeira, in your twenty-five years of life, how many times have you seen an Avian off-planet?" she said, smirking. "It could happen!" Zeira whined. "Especially with that new crisis happening on Avia. And we have human settlers on here. Maybe she lives here."

"Very few human settlers are here. None get the money possible to live here at her age and none stay here long enough to have a daughter her age...no offense," Grace teased. "Plus, you can tell by her stance: closed off, that she's frightened, alone." Grace took another sip of her drink. "And anyone's who's been here longer than a week knows this is the place where all the weirdos come," Grace declared, taking the last sip of her drink with conviction.

Zeira scoffed. "They're not THAT weird," she said.

Grace suddenly felt another presence approach her. A man with auburn hair sat next to her at the bar. Grace could just feel arrogance radiating off of him. Oh God, please don't let him hit on me, Grace thought. Desperate, oversexed visitors on planets are the worst.

"Excuse me," the man said, cocking an eyebrow and turning his attention to Zeira. "I'm unfamiliar with this planet. Perhaps you could show me around, sweet lips." Grace bit her lip to refrain from bursting into laugher as Zeira developed a look of disgust on her face.

Grace smirked as Zeira looked around, trying to pretend not to hear and looking at a loss for words. This certainly wasn't the first time Zeira had been hit on at work, but this was the first time she had been referred to as, "sweet lips."

"Well, I'll leave you two to get acquainted," Grace said, smiling smugly at Zeira. Zeira's eyes widened as Grace began to move down the bar. "No!" Zeira whispered to her. And although Zeira seemed to be dying on the inside, the man seemed rather satisfied.

Grace approached the stool next to the young girl. The girl looked away as Grace sat down. "You from around here?" Grace asked. The girl remained silent. "I guessed you were from out of town because any young girl who has been here for a time would know to never come into this bar," Grace said, smiling. The girl looked at her apprehensively.

"I didn't mean any trouble," the girl said nervously. Grace felt her face flush. "Oh, no! I didn't mean that as a threat or anything. It's just that...only very strange people come to this place." Grace smiled, trying to appear as non-threatening as possible.

"Then why do you come here?" The girl asked.

Grace smiled. "Me? I know the bartender," Grace said, looking over at Zeira, whom now had her hand captured by the pompous man, which earned Grace a glare from Zeira. "We used to go to college together on Earth." The girl looked away. "Are you from Earth?" Grace asked.

The girl looked back. "Yeah," the girl said. Grace felt a pang of self-satisfaction as she realized she had been right. "Are you alone?" Grace asked. The girl nodded.

"Why did you come all the way to Cetillo? You look awfully young to travel," Grace said. The girl took a deep breath. "My parents kicked me out," she said. Grace felt her smile fade. "I didn't have any friends at my school, but I had heard about a ship that was taking people to Cetillo. I had heard such good things about it, so I took all the money I had and decided to go. Maybe I could start again here," the girl said.

Grace sighed. "Everyone says good things about places they can escape to. It's a coping skill," Grace said. The girl's spirit began to drain again. Grace smiled again and quickly said, "But that doesn't mean they're complete lies. This is a wonderful planet. Truth be told, if I weren't on a ship, I'd probably live here."

"You're on a ship?" the girl asked, her spirits rising again. "Yes," Grace replied. "I've been on there for some time. Perhaps I could show it to you before we leave." The girl nodded and a smile came across her face. "I'd like that," she said. Grace smiled. "I'm Grace."

"I'm Mila," she said, offering the first smile all night.

Suddenly, a soft rumble echoed across the walls of the bar. The bar suddenly fell silent as the sound grew louder along with the shouts of people throughout the complex. "What is that?" Mila said.

A crash came through the wall of the bar. Grace's instincts kicked in as she leapt to the side, dodging the large object that entered through the wall of the bar. Grace heard the other people in the bar screaming and running out along with Zeira trapped behind the counter.

Grace felt a screech come out of her own mouth as she saw the massive ship in front of her. As her mind began to clear, she looked at the ship that had crashed through the wall: Retran, no doubt. The symbol of Retra was painted on the side. Then reality hit Grace hard as her former college roomate screamed. Grace went around the bar and helped Zeira to her feet. "Go out the front door," she said over the loud blaring, guiding her around the bar. They both stopped when they caught sight of Mila's body unconscious on the floor. She must've tried to jump out of the way, Grace thought.

Zeira looked at her. "Go," Grace said, guiding Zeira over the girl's body. "I'll get her."

Mila began to sit up, clutching her stomach in pain. She grunted from the splitting pain in her head and looked up. Mila screamed at the heavy slab of metal in front of her face.

"Take my hand!" Grace yelled, holding out her hand to Mila. Mila stumbled as she tried to stand up. Grace tried to balance her as much as she could, pushing her towards the exit.

"Come on, Mila! I'll take you somewhere safe!" Grace yelled over the lound noises as Retran warriors began to flood into the bar. But Mila and Grace were already twisting their way through the complex by the time the Retran soldiers were in.

----------------------------------------------------------------------

Well, I hope you enjoyed the first chapter of Serendipity! Leave some comments, if you like! A big thank you to Sims2Wiki and Modthesims2!
Advertisement
Test Subject
Original Poster
#2 Old 16th Jul 2009 at 5:41 AM Last edited by MadLib_2009 : 27th Jul 2009 at 11:19 PM.
Default Serendipity - The New Alliance - Chapter One

Date: Feburary 27th, 2340
Planet: Earth

"You know, you should really be more careful," Logan said. "A girl your age getting into fist fights. It's not good for you." Grace rolled her eyes, feeling the torn skin on her cheek sting, causing her to wince and raise her hand to the side of her face.

"What were you doing in a fight, anyway?" Logan asked, laughing softly. Grace shifted in her seat uncomfortably. "He...told me I was a weak girl," she said, blushing slightly. Logan chuckled. "So you beat him up?" he asked.

"Well...yeah..." Grace said, realizing that it really did sound silly. Logan laughed again. "Well, if it's any consolation, you definitely proved him wrong."

Grace winced again as the cut near her lip throbbed. She raised her hand to her cheek, inhaling sharply. "Could I take a look at that?" he said, pointing at the sores on her face.

Grace tensed up and moved slightly away from him. Logan simply smiled. "Don't worry. I just graduated from med school. I won't hurt you," he said. Graced looked away, still apprehensive toward the idea of him touching her swollen face. "I promise," he said, holding out his hand to her. Grace took a deep breath and nodded, putting her hand in his.

Logan brought his body close to Grace, his hand shaking slightly as he brought it up to her cheek. Grace winced slightly, but began to relax as he inspected her wounds. "Oh, well, this is nothing. Minor bruising," Logan explained. Grace scoffed. Minor? Please.

"You should be alright," he said, moving his hand down to her chin.

"Here, just lift your chin so I can see this cut on your lip," Logan said, turning her head slightly. Grace felt her body begin to completely relax and her mind race. She had never felt this comfortable with someone she had just met. She was always on the offense when it came to anyone. She had been completely alone for the last eight years and she meant to keep it that way. The only person she had become remotely close to was Zeira, and she hadn't seen her in at least a month.

Logan began to inspect the last cut on the left side of her face. "You know, you're a really good patient," he said. Grace opened her eyes. "Well, you're a really good doctor," she said, bringing herself closer to him. Logan tensed as he felt her wrap her arm around him.

"Um...well, I was h--happy to help..." Logan stuttered, trying to move away from the young girl, but Grace was determined.

"Maybe you could help me out with something else," Grace said, moving his hand dangerously far up her thigh. Grace smiled as she watched Logan's nerves shine through. "What wrong?" she asked, laying her hand on his arm. "Haven't you ever had a girl who wanted you a little closer?"

Grace smiled smugly as Logan struggled to speak. "It's not that I haven't. It's just that...I think I should go..." he said, trying to move away from her. Grace frowned. "But what if I get into trouble again?" Grace said. Logan laughed.

"I think you've already proven you're not a weak girl," he said.

Grace felt disappointment and embarassment wash over her as Logan began to scoot away. "There's nothing to be embarassed about," he said, almost reading Grace's mind. "I'm a doctor. I'm cute. I understand you just can't resist me," Logan said sarcastically. Grace smiled slightly. "I guess I'll just have to try," she said.

"So, what is your name?" she asked. "All I really know you as is That Nice Guy That Patches Me Up."

Logan laughed. "I'm Logan MacDougal," he said. "What about you? All I know you as is That Girl I Patch Up." Grace smiled. "I'm Grace Lark," she said. "So where are you going?"

"Back to the pod hotel on 3rd Avenue," he said. "At least until I can go to the call board downtown tomorrow night with my sister to look for a job on an Allegiance ship. What about you?"

Grace paused before she got an idea. "I'm going to the call board tomorrow night, too. Maybe you could take me there?" she said with a smile, bating her eyelashes.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#3 Old 26th Jul 2009 at 5:13 AM
Default Serendipity - The New Alliance - Chapter Two

Date: January 4th, 2338
Planet: Retra

Silence echoed through the halls of the lab complex, with the exception of groans and screaming from captives. It deafened the subjects in their glass prisons. A loud creak turned the room into complete silence as a Retran officer entered the hall leading to the lab.

The officer's shoes clunking noises echoed through the complex as he made his way to the lab. The lieutenant had ordered him to check on one subject that didn't seem to be breaking any will to Retran command. The officer had been ordered to, "remind him who has taken him captive."

The screams and groans returned; the screams more frantic as they say another being whom could, perhaps, set them free.

The officer looked at the captives: low, pathetic. Many had scrapes and bruises on their faces and bodies, almost all of which were markings from officers of the complex trying to break the subjects' will. He looked at the blonde woman in her cell: obviously unconscious and not just sleeping, simply because the screaming of the subject two cells down would've most definitely woken her up had she just been asleep. The man two cells away had only been taken a few days before, and was going through the usual first stage of begging and pleading to be taken home.

They were taken for different reasons, normally only to put their abilities to good use: pilots, xenolinguistics, Avian powers, etc. But the officer wasn't exactly sure why the man he was asked to inspect was here.

He wasn't gifted with any powers and he wasn't a great fighter. Sure, he had a good record in starship navigation, but it wasn't the best they had seen. Whatever it was, superior officers were determined to use it. Usually after this long of a resistance, they would simply give up and kill him. But, for some reason, they had not...at least not yet.

The man looked relaxed. Too relaxed to be a captive. He had scrapes on his face just as everyone else, so he had to be somewhat humbled, but somehow...he still showed strength. The officer entered the cell.

"You," the officer said firmly. The man crossed his arms, almost challenging him. "I hear from the lieutenant and the other officers that you'll refuse to cooperate with us. Why is that?" the officer demanded.

The man scoffed and felt anger rising in him. "Well, maybe you idiots just aren't doing your job well enough. I'm not sure why that is, though. You just beating the shit out of people. Not too hard. No wonder Retrans have to abduct the talent onto this planet," the man sneered.

The man suddenly realized the mistake he made when he felt the officer's knee collide with his ribs. The man grunted and clutched his side, falling to the ground. The officer scoffed and spit on the ground. "I'd like to see you do better," the officer said, walking out.

The man began to breathe harshly through the pain as the door of the cell closed. "I don't know if I'll ever figure out why you're here," the officer muttered, screams and groans returning. "Or, for that matter, why they haven't killed you yet."

The man forced himself through the pain onto his back as the doors to the lab closed and thought about the blonde woman next to him. Had she been knocked out the same way he had been? Had it been the same officer? Why had she been kidnapped? Well, if we're gonna play that game, why had he been kidnapped?

The man grunted from a sharp pain across his ribs and sighed. Six long months he had been here, in this prison, in this cell. Way too long. He was only twenty-three. When did the crazy, fun part of being younthful kick in? Cause it seems he was overdue. Then the man heard something surprising: the main door opened again.

The man raised to his feet and got ready to face the officer once again as the sound of footsteps clunked down the hallway. He tried to look strong and confident, but suddenly felt a splitting feeling in his head. He quickly grasped his temples in an effort to stop the pain and shook it.

But when the man opened his eyes, he saw a woman standing before him. She had a high-level Allegiance uniform on and deep red hair that was up on the top of her head with a clip. The man shook his head again, wondering if he had fallen asleep and he was just dreaming.

"What the hell...?" the man pondered. The woman looked around and said, "Don't worry. I'm here to take you out. What's your name?"

The man felt fear stirring within him. So many tricks had been played on him by now--by officers and his mind alike--that he could never be sure if this one was real. "I'm Christian Hainne," he finally said. The woman smiled. "Hello, Christian. I'm Reiga Lorian. I'm an Allegiance officer."

Date: March 5th, 2347
Planet: Serenium

Christian opened his eyes to the darkness of his bedroom with a short gasp. He looked around for few moments before coming to grips with reality that he was not, in fact, in a Retran prison lab. It had been nearly nine years since he had been in that hellhole and yet, he still had nightmares concerning his imprisonment there.

Christian moved his legs over the side of the bed and sat up. He considered going back to sleep, but then decided he was too awake and got up to check on the status of their journey to Serenium.

Christian went down the hallway, trying to go quietly past his shipmates' rooms, and then made his way onto the navigating deck. For so many years that Retran lab had haunted him, and for so many years Christian had tried to seek the answer to why he was taken. He had kept in touch with Reiga Lorian, the Allegiance officer whom saved him, and would repeatedly question her as to why he was taken, but she always had the same answer: navigation. That's all.

That can't be all, Christian thought. It just can't. There were so many better than him. Why would it be just that? And why hadn't they killed him after how long he resisted if it were just navigation? No, something didn't fit.

Christian looked around the navigation room. For the past seven and a half years, this room had been home to that thing Christian did best: navigation. He looked up at the travel screen, which kept note of their journey traveled and their journey yet to come. The distance between them and Serenium was just a half hour away from the docking site. He'd have to wake the crew up soon.

Christian approached the screen. One particular planet they had passed caught his eye. The planet that had followed him for years: Retra. Christian sighed and pressed on the small circle of Retra. To think that something that small in the universe had given him so much trouble.

Christian stared at the image of Retra as it engulfed the screen, the red chaulky rock planet torturting him with its coldness. Christian even felt a shiver as he stared upon the image, his hands shaking as memories of his imprisonment filled his head. He only wished he knew what they had been, and probably still, were planning.

Grace made her way down the hallway, having heard the same strange noises coming from Chrisitian's room and then the door opening, which led Grace to assume he was on the navigation deck again.

"Captain?" Grace asked, trying not to scare him. Christian didn't turn around. "I'm sorry to have woken you, Grace," he said calmly.

"You didn't," she said. "I usually down't sleep much." She paused. "You know, it's not good for you to be up this late," Grace teased. "Nightmares, again?" His silence answered her. Grace sighed. "Is there anything I can do, sir?" she asked.

"No, Grace," he answered coldly. Grace felt her need to say something to make things better, but was at a loss for words.

Christian suddenly felt a pang of remorse for being so insensitive. "But thank you for the concern," he said, turning around and walking back towards the hallway. "When you have a chance, wake up the crew. We're about twenty-five minutes from docking at Serenium," he said. As he passed her, Grace looked at the screen.

He had forgotten to turn off the view of Retra. Grace sighed. There was only so much she could do, but she wished there was some way she could make it better. Grace then turned the screen back to the travel log and went to go wake up the crew.
Lab Assistant
#4 Old 26th Jul 2009 at 10:54 AM
hmm this is good so far, sort of reminds me of firefly...

I want to go back to believing in Everything and knowing Nothing at all...
My DeviantArt... =]

Parasites in Paradise - The perfect world. Yeah, not so much.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#5 Old 26th Jul 2009 at 11:07 AM
Thank you! I've actually never seen Firefly. Heard good things about it, though.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#6 Old 26th Jul 2009 at 12:02 PM
Default Serendipity - The New Alliance - Chapter Three

While the rest of the crew went to get a drink, Colton had plans to go help the mechanical team refuel. Unlike Cetillo, when refueling at Serenium, there was a full crew waiting for you to go work on your ship and although technically, they didn't need any help, Colton liked to go. Besides, he didn't like to drink.

"I always ask this, but are you sure you want to go help refuel? You're not even a mechanic," Logan said. "Positive," Colton said with a smile, then went on to the refueling wing.

Colton entered the refueling wing and scanned the room. Nothing really had changed in the last several months since they had been there last. The steel on the walls may have been repainted and some of the lights had been fixed, but it was definitely the same.

And then Colton caught sight of the girl that made his pulse quicken, the head mechanic. Off and on over the years, Colton had come in to see Alyssa and help her out if he could. And lately, it had been almost every time they docked on Serenium that he'd come to visit her, refuel or no.

Colton froze up and was shocked back out of his ponderings when Alyssa turned around and began to walk toward him. He opened his mouth to say hi, but no sound would came out. "You're late," Alyssa said angrily.

"Oh, I--I'm sorry..." Colton stuttered, blood rushing to his cheeks.

Alyssa laughed. "I'm kidding!" she said with a smile. "You've gotta get some thick skin, kid." Colton relaxed slightly and took a deep breath. He had never seen Alyssa angry before and he wouldn't want to see it any time soon, especially directed towards him.

Colton tried to stop shaking from guilt and laugh. "Right! I knew that," he said, trying to sound cool and confident, which always seemed to be a lost cause in Colton's case. He had always seemed to be a shy, awkward mess, especially around Alyssa.

"So, what's new with you, kid? You got a girlfriend?" Alyssa asked enthusiastically. Colton felt his spirits go down with that question. Truth be told, Colton had only had one real girlfriend in his life, and he had been twelve, so he didn't even think that counted. It was rather embarassing, really, at least according to Colton.

"No. No girlfriend," Colton said, trying to force a smile. Alyssa frowned slightly. "Aw, well, that's too bad," she said. "Their loss, right?" Colton nodded slightly. "Oh, come on, Colton. You're a pilot. You're cute. I bet you have 'em lining up!"

Colton blushed and looked down. "I guess..." Colton said, but he had never actually looked around to see if it was true. After all, he already had his sights on a girl.

"How are things on the Serendipity?" She asked. "Christian still girl-crazy?" Sadly for Christian, Alyssa was one of the few women that was not in the least impressed by Christian's attempts to win her over. Which, of course, boded well for Colton.

"Always," Colton said. "And things have been going well. Mila's starting to get very comfortable aboard our ship. She's been on for about eight months now."

"That's great!" Alyssa said, patting Colton's arm. "Hey, you think you could help me out again? always nice to have another pair of hands." Colton smiled. Alyssa had two highly qualified assistants that she could choose from and she was asking him to be the one to help her out.

"Uh...sure," Colton said. "Always happy to help." He chuckled nervously, continuing to be the nervous, shy, awkward mess that he was. "Okay, follow me," she said, beckoning him to follow her.

Colton was led by Alyssa to work on a ship that had come in recently, trying desperately not to stare or shake too much. He took a deep breath and followed her into the back of the refueling garage.

"Do you think that boy will ever admit why he actually goes to help the girl out?" Logan asked. Grace smiled. "And why is that?" she asked. Logan turned to Grace. "Don't make me state the obvious," he said. Grace laughed as Christian ordered their drinks.

"Well, I don't know anything about wooing women, but perhaps the captain could give Colton a few pointers. Aye, captain?" Grace teased, smirking with pride. Logan tried to conceal his smile.

"Oh, shut up. I haven't been with that many women," Christian retorted. The bartender began to mix their drinks. The whirring sounds of the stirring was almost soothing.

"Relax, captain, we're only joking," Logan said, smiling and trying to calm Christian down. "Yeah, it hasn't been that many..." Grace said, trying not to laugh at her lie. Christian scoffed. "It really hasn't..." he muttered under his breath.

"We probably should hurry things up," Grace said as the bartender poured the drinks. "We haven't checked in with Allegiance officials for a while. Should we try to contact them again?"

"Don't worry, Grace," Christian said as the bartender reached under the counter to make more drinks. "We'll get back to the ship in time to try to contact them again. Plus, it isn't our fault communications have been tough. Let's just try to relax," he declared, grabbing a drink from the counter.

"Good idea," Logan said before averting his eyes to the private booth in the back. "Who's that girl?" he asked with intrigue. Christian turned his head to look at the private booth. "She looks all alone," Logan said.

Through the window of the private booth, all Christian could see was the girl's hair and skin: both very distinct. She had a hood over her head and she looked closed off from her surroundings, like she was afraid and lost. He leaned back to got a better view of her face, but still only saw a small portion. She was gorgeous, and it made his heart pound. Christian turned back to his shipmates.

"Probably just a girl waiting for her boyfriend or friends or something," Christian said confidently. "I wouldn't worry about it. She'll be fine." Logan nodded, but still felt a bit of anxiety. His intuitiveness was usually right and Christian usually went into that optimistic nature when he was anxious.

Just as Christian finished his words, two men entered the bar in Retran uniforms. They looked across the room and spotted the private booth before sitting down at the empty chairs that lay before them.

"Is that her?" the second officer said, looking over at the private booth. The first officer glanced over his shoulder quickly and then turned back to his partner.

"Yep," he said with conviction. "Definitely her."

"So, what do you want for your birthday?" Logan asked. Grace scoffed and looked away from him. Christian suddenly felt a familiar feeling take him over. "Logan, you know I never want anything. You really should..." she began to say, but Christian didn't hear another word. The world began to fade around him as the hair on the back of his neck stood up.

Retran officers.

The two men got up from their chairs and began to maneuver their way over to the private booth. The girl shifted in her seat nervously as the two men came closer to her.

"What do you think, captain? I mean..." Logan asked, but Christian didn't answer or process his words. His entire body froze as he sensed the two officers walking behind him towards the private booth. Their very presence caused his body to tense.

"You sure this is the one?" the second officer. "He'd be awfully disappointed if we brought home the wrong girl and terrified some random girl for no reason." They both pursued the private booth as the girl tried to look away, praying they weren't coming to her booth.

"You don't have to worry," the first officer said. "This is her."

The girl felt panic begin to stir within her as the officers made it frighteningly clear she was clearly the one they were approaching. What do I do? she thought, desperately trying to think of any ideas. But just after a few moments, the girl felt she was not alone anymore.

"Hello, little lady," the second officer said, sitting down in the booth, his long hair hanging in his face. The girl froze, still at a loss for any ideas at what to do. The first officer slowly approached the booth after his partner.

"We've been looking for you for some time," the first officer said, sitting down next to the girl, who was now tensed up from the pressure of being in the presence of the two men she had been running from. She swallowed hard and tried to keep breathing as her heart pounded in her chest.

"So...did you really think you would get away from us?" the second officer said. "No one escapes from us," the man lied. "I think it's time you came home." The girl bit her lip to try to stop tears as the officer stared her down. Tears began to gather in the girl's eyes, blurring her vision.

She felt helpless. Home. Could she really call it that? They had blocked off both ends; she was trapped. Her only hope was to try to ride things out until she had a chance to run.

"You will give your will to us," the second officer said. "Or we'll kill you." The plainess in his voice made the girl cringe. She swallowed hard again, choking back tears, and began to pray for a miracle.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#7 Old 27th Jul 2009 at 11:18 PM
Default Serendipity - The New Alliance - Chapter Four

"Is she alright?" Grace asked nervously. "Those two men seem to be scaring her half to death," Logan agreed. Christian looked over at the booth and saw the two men cornering the young girl and that was when he had reached his limit. "I'll go check it out," he said quickly, and turned on his heel before either of them could convince him otherwise.

"Sometimes I worry about that man," Grace said shaking her head, causing a pang of jealousy to strike Logan in an unexpected way. Logan shook his head.

"Don't worry about him," Logan said. "Christian may be a little impulsive, but he wouldn't put us in any danger." Grace rolled her eyes and shook her head. They both knew that was a lie.

Trying to control his rage of being in Retran presence again, Christian approached the table. "Evening, gentlemen," Christian said smugly, clenching his fists. "You know this woman?" he asked. The first officer scoffed. "Do you?" the first officer asked. Christian glanced at the girl. Tears had begun to stream down her face. She quickly wiped them away.

"No, but I know you," Christian said firmly to the officers.

The second officer exited the booth and stared Christian down. "Listen, buddy, I don't know who you are, but this is official Retran buisness. So, I suggest you back off," he said, scowling and trying to intimidate Christian. Christian felt anger boil up inside of him. He had guessed right.

"You listen," Christian said through gritted teeth. "I happen to know about your buisness, and that's exactly why she's coming with me." And just as the second officer was about to retort, the clatter of the girl trying to run away distracted him.

She hit her head hard on the booth table and tried to raise herself from the ground to run again, but the officer swung his leg forward and kicked her in the back of the head, causing her to fall straight to the ground.

With a deafening clunk, the girl smashed into the ground with only traces of movement and noise coming from her. Her head began to pound and her vision became red. The room began to spin and she felt she might throw up. She finally accepted defeat, laying on the ground and praying the man would save her.

That's it, Christian thought, his instincts kicking in. He grabbed the officer and threw him on the booth table before kneeling down to the girl, who was awake, but slightly disoriented. The officer fell onto the table, the lamp shattering on the ground and the officer grunting in pain. The other officer ran over to assist him as Christian started to help the girl up. "Come on," Christian said, pulling her up. "Come with me."

"This way!" Christian yelled, hearing the officers get up behind him. The girl, her head continuing to pound, dizzily followed Christian. Her vision was dark and her stomach was lurching, but she continued to run. Any escape would work just fine for her. "Logan! Grace! We have to go!" Chrisitan yelled behind him at te bar as he began to ran up the stairs with the girl.

"You were saying?" Grace said, turning to Logan, whom sighed in response.

"Colton!" Logan yelled. "We have to go!" Colton turned to Alyssa, who simply smiled. "I guess that means you have to go, eh?" she asked with a defeated laugh.

"Yeah, I guess so," Colton said. "You know Christian. Probably getting us into trouble again." He tried to force a smile and was met with a forced smile from Alyssa. Her big, blue eyes stared into his, causing Colton to feel guilt for having to leave.

Then, suddenly, Colton felt electricity and heat rush throughout his body as Alyssa stepped towards him. He tried as hard as he could not to tremble as he felt Alyssa's warm breath on the nape of his neck as she pulled him close to her in an embrace. The luscious smell of her hair overwhelmed him, as did her soft skin.

She pulled away slowly and looked into his eyes. "Don't forget about me, okay?" she said, her soft voice lingering in his mind. "I'd never forget you," Colton said, his hands on her waist.

"Colton!" Logan shouted again.

Then Colton did the unthinkable. He leaned into Alyssa and kissed her forehead. He felt a slight feeling of shock before turning on his heel to chase after Logan. "Stay in touch!" Alyssa called after him, feeling her loneliness return to her.

As Christian rushed down the hallway, he suddenly heard a loud thud next to him and turned to see the girl's fainted body next to him. "Shit," Christian mumbled to himself as he knelt down to the girl, hearing the officers' footsteps in the distance.

"Come on, come on, get up..." Christian kept repeating as he lifted the girl's weak body. The room continued to spin around her and she couldn't seem to regain her balance. Her legs felt like liquid that was trying to be a solid, giving up on her each time she tried to stand.

Finally, hearing the officers closing in on them, Christian lifted the girl into his arms. "It's alright; I've got you," he whispered in her ear before running down the hallway to his docking site.

Logan entered the ship's clinic and walked up to the sink. He turned on the hot water and felt it burn his hands so they would be sterile before caring for his patient. He began to dry off his hands when his younger sister entered the room.

Christian watched from the observation deck as Logan's sister, Isabel, entered the clinic. Christian kept reminding himself that Logan was an excellent doctor. And Isabel, an excellent nurse. They would save her. They've dealt with worse. Then, Christian turned his attention to the girl who was asleep on the patient bed.

Christian felt a haunting guilt for what had happened in the bar. He should've gone over sooner. He knew what those officers were gonna do. Why didn't he just go over earlier? She was obviously a very beautiful girl. If she had been in trouble, he could've stopped it. And if she hadn't, he'd just be sitting and talking to a beautiful woman. Could be worse, right?

But she had been in trouble. And he could've protected her.

Then Christian began to wonder why those officers had wanted her. And the pondering that had plagued him for so many years: who had sent them. She looked so young. What could they possibly want with such a young girl?

Then again: what would any of them really want with the people they took? Nothing about what the Retrans did was fair or logical. None of it made sense. And just as his inter-monologue had begun, Logan entered the room.

Logan approached him. "How is she?" Christian asked. "I can't lie to you, Christian, it doesn't look good for her," Logan said with disappointment. Christian felt a wave of grief take him over. "Is she going to be alright?" Christian said, firmly demanding a straight answer.

"It's not that simple, Christian," Logan said. "She's had a severe head injury and she appears to have some previous injuries that are causing her to bleed internally." Christian sighed and looked to the ground.

"I'm sorry, sir," Logan said. "I'm doing all I can...just as you did all you can." He was trying to remind Christian that he had done the right thing, but Christian did not respond.

"Sir..." Logan begun. "There's something else you should know."

"What is it, Logan?" Christian said, slightly annoyed. All Christian wanted to do at that moment is his usual routine when something went wrong that he believed was his doing: isolation. Sitting in his room, pondering about what he could've done.

"Her blood is thicker than human blood, captain," Logan said. "Meaning?" Christian responded. "Meaning...I'm not sure she was just a prisoner, Christian," Logan began. "She's Retran." And that stopped Christian Hainne cold.
Test Subject
#8 Old 16th Aug 2009 at 10:12 AM
Thats really good Keep it up!

CRABS ARE OUR FRIENDS
-----------------------------
Please, call me mo.
Mad Poster
#9 Old 16th Aug 2009 at 11:11 PM
Good start, this story is so different from the others, I'm enjoying it so far and looking forward to the next update :D