Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#1 Old 27th Jun 2015 at 10:41 AM
Default homes for bin Sims
Starting a new hood with the intention of playing only the bin Sims in it, I build each bin family a house which is supposed to suit them - from bin budget to careers to hobbies to LitW's. The houses turned out rather nice - some quick pics:

Julien Cooke:

Roseland:

Gieke:

So, Question 1 - do you think I should upload them here? I am not sure if there are enough interest for bin Sim houses - sometimes I think I am the only one who likes them. Some of the houses could probably suit other Sims, but I am not sure about the Newson and Ottomas homes there.
And Question 2 - the thatch roof on Chester's African bungalow - I have an idea that that roof is not season proof. I tested a copy of the house for a few hours already, but it NEVER rained. Can anybody help?
Advertisement
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#2 Old 28th Jun 2015 at 10:01 PM
I am going to play with all of them I always play with all of them. The difference in the new hood is that I am not going to add any of my own Sims. And after playing them for a long, long time, I've custom built houses for them!
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#3 Old 28th Jun 2015 at 10:40 PM
And, @olc - I have already built all the houses. I want to know if there are players who would be interested in downloading them.
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#4 Old 28th Jun 2015 at 11:01 PM
Why would she not want to play with them? Plenty of people play with all the bin sims.

Justpetro I like them. I am scratching my head at Gieke's because to me that says Fai. I guess I see him a bit like the Curious brothers and would give him a taller house with a flat roof, but I think I am getting what you were aiming for, odd ball?

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#5 Old 29th Jun 2015 at 12:02 AM
I often play 1 by 1 or 2 by 2 lots. Small lots tightly packed together gives a hood a very real look and a wonderful hood view. They also load and play well.
Some people like large lots and some people like small lots and it has nothing to do with how much you care about the sims who inhabit them.

Justpetro, the only lot I would do more to is the last one. It needs some landscaping around the pond. You would do better posting in creator feedback and showing the floor plan as well.

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#6 Old 29th Jun 2015 at 7:57 AM
Thank you, Jo I will rework Chester's a bit. Spent most of his money on the telescope, because he really needs one! But his little bungalow (based on the bungalows you find in game reserves in South Africa like in the Kruger Park - is quite nice inside).

And @olc - I actually care a lot about the bin Sims - two of the three houses above are for Sims with only 20 000 simoleons and that makes it, of course, more difficult to stay within their bin budgets. Most of the bin Sims have enough money for something bigger and I did that. Of course, once the ones in the small homes have more money, they can move out.
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#7 Old 29th Jun 2015 at 7:59 AM
Quote: Originally posted by olc
yeah. for tiny no-lagging houses for sims that you dont really care (i am not insulting your work. for me it is the same with EP lots and even base-game lots. or i customize them or i delete them. i like to build my custom house/apartment building from the ground or take a EP lot and change it at my will.) but sure i am pretty sure there are people with small family sims that would love to have those houses. you just should try to upload them to MTS. i can see new-starters players that are not used to build houses to wanna add more than the base game or EP lots that the game brings along, sure.

Oh, I can build big if I want to - you can check out my community lots on MTS. I find it a lot harder to build small.
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#8 Old 30th Jun 2015 at 8:45 AM
Quote: Originally posted by olc
lol yeah i saw a few a while ago. what i said is that they look like starter houses. they will be nice also for someone that just got the game to start messing with those.
i usually do not build small cause my single sim family ends up, as in several cases in my families, beeing up to 8 sims and 8 pets. so small lots in my personal case (yours, maxis or even mines) are not worth it. plus my sims bin its crowded with families i make and i dont care, or npcs that i have messed up and added to families. (like ms. crouple buttom that i killed, revived as zombie, cured zombie state, make her a toddler, then a kid, a teen and an adult. not in that order of course lol, aldo it ends up beeing boring cause she is at the end, scripted) so in rare cases i even delete them. or take them to a lot and start the mass murdering lol. i remember once i invited all the sims on the hood and killed over 30 sims.

I tend to build my houses too big when I compare them with the ones on MTS So I want to actually try to fit a house in the budget.

A word of warning - while most townies are safe, a number of them is not, including Crumplebottom - she is not actually a Sim, but an object, and messing with her corrupts your game. I think the others are the therapist and the social worker - read the posts on corruption because they will break your game.

Small lots are actually quite nice to have for me - of course my bin Sims will not stay in them forever, they will move later to bigger places, but students just out of uni always need a small place because that is what they can afford.Of course we can motherlode them but then - where is the challenge
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#9 Old 9th Jul 2015 at 12:18 AM
olc, everyone plays differently and some of us do not want or use large houses. I often have up to a 4 sim family on a 1 by 1 lot, those lots shown here are so large I could fit a family of 10.

~Call me Jo~