Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#1 Old 24th Jun 2018 at 6:13 AM
Default WCIF Futuristic/Sci-fi World
This is something I have been looking for... for a long while now.

Does anyone know of a world that makes wide ussage of Into The Future, Lunar Lakes, and possibly other "futuristic" style content? I am looking for something a bit more...developed than Oasis Landing, as that just feels too empty and flat while Lunar Lakes on it's own is too repetitive with all of the "rabbit hole" lots being the same wierd doorway thing that doesn't even fit in.

It would also be nice if said world makes use of highrises, though likely CFE-built, not Late Night shells. Another nice feature would be more densly populated, unlike Oasis Landing where there are massive streatches of empty fields between lots.

Also, does not need to be a "future replacement" but rather can be a homeworld.

Any help would greatly appreciated!
One of my Sims recently got a wish to "Travel to The Future", and that got me thinking about this.
Advertisement
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#3 Old 24th Jun 2018 at 11:54 PM
Thank you for sharing those. I think I like the "Saturenorn" the most of those. The other two feel so empty... More so than Oasis Landing.
I haven't had a chance to test it yet, though, as I haven't gotten to the point of going to the "future". I will definitely be looking forward to it, though.
Again, thank you for sharing those! They are not quite what I was hoping for, but it is far better than anything I have found on my own so far!

I don't know what it is with people "hiding" the best stuff in such obscure places...
Department of Post-Mortem Communications
#4 Old 25th Jun 2018 at 12:20 AM
There is also Bellatrix by Rflong at the Exchange: https://www.thesims3.com/assetDetai...assetId=6942240
(Corresponding thread: https://forums.thesims.com/en_us/di...33566/bellatrix)
Theorist
#6 Old 25th Jun 2018 at 1:15 AM
There is only one answer. Bellatrix by RFLong. I made it my replacement for the Ts3 future hood, and it’s pertect. Only a fool would not have that installed.

#BlairWitchPetition
TS3 NEEDS: TENNIS COURTS > BUSES > PIGS/SHEEP
Can't find stuff in build and buy mode? http://www.nexusmods.com/thesims3/mods/1/?
#7 Old 25th Jun 2018 at 1:24 AM
Really? I have played it for two days and abandoned it again. I found most of the lots a bit peculiar to play, to put it nicely. And as I wasn't too pleased with routing on many of the community lots I decided that I didn't like it enough to go through all the effort of changing it to my liking.

But how can one transform it into a replacement for Oasis Landing, if I may ask?
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#8 Old 25th Jun 2018 at 3:13 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Don Babilon
There is also Bellatrix by Rflong at the Exchange: https://www.thesims3.com/assetDetai...assetId=6942240
(Corresponding thread: https://forums.thesims.com/en_us/di...33566/bellatrix)

I think I have seen that somewhere, now that I think about it. I can't seem to find anywhere for decent screenshots of it. That corresponding thread is supposed to have them I think, but...

It does look rather interesting and, based on the one picture on the Exchange, looks decently laid out and dense. I will definitely be giving it a try!
Thank you for sharing that!

Quote: Originally posted by tizerist
There is only one answer. Bellatrix by RFLong. I made it my replacement for the Ts3 future hood, and it’s pertect. Only a fool would not have that installed.

That sounds like something I will definitely be interested in...
...if, that is, it has different "utopian" and "dystopian" styles that can be changed by actions in the present day, like how Oasis Landing does. This is one feature that I find particularly interesting about Oasis Landing.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#9 Old 25th Jun 2018 at 5:08 AM
So, I checked out the Bellatrix world, and I noticed one thing that I found odd...

The buildings aren't actually very "future"-like...

The overall design seems vaguely futuristic, but almost none of the furnishings do, and these doors...

Like... why!?
Theorist
#11 Old 25th Jun 2018 at 5:46 AM
Naturally you will replace those doors with your own futuristic ones. A 10 minute job. My bellatrix has proper sci-fi doors alas I can’t remember where I got them.
Of course it has the three different versions if it’s the future hood In your savegame.

#BlairWitchPetition
TS3 NEEDS: TENNIS COURTS > BUSES > PIGS/SHEEP
Can't find stuff in build and buy mode? http://www.nexusmods.com/thesims3/mods/1/?
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#12 Old 25th Jun 2018 at 6:04 AM
Quote: Originally posted by nitromon
I'm actually more interested in a dystopian future that is more urban and crowded like Blade Runner, Total Recall (2012), etc...

Me too! Unfortunately I don't think anything like that will ever exist in The Sims... That is the true "future world" I am looking for, but these will have to do, I suppose...

Quote: Originally posted by tizerist
Naturally you will replace those doors with your own futuristic ones. A 10 minute job. My bellatrix has proper sci-fi doors alas I can’t remember where I got them.
Of course it has the three different versions if it’s the future hood In your savegame.

True, all though it is more like a 45-60 minute job...
Edit Town, amd emtering build/buy, then exiting it, with all of the "processing" it does, takes forever for me!
Also, it's not just the doors. I will end up redecorating every room of every building as I have yet to find any Into The Future content, aside from maybe a few decorations here and there.
It looks more like, to me, a present-day civilization built odd-looking buildings on an alien world, but furnished it with all of their old furniture.

I may end up doing that, though, as I do really like the world itself and the overall design of the buildings.

I did have a hard time finding city hall. I still haven't found it...
#13 Old 25th Jun 2018 at 8:15 AM Last edited by Don Babilon : 25th Jun 2018 at 8:26 AM.
Bellatrix was made before ITF came out. The style is based on Lunar Lakes.

That's also the reason why I still wonder how tizerist can have it as a future world with three versions for the different timelines.

The door issue looks more like you are missing a door, probably from the Store. Do you have Lunar Lakes installed?

City hall should be on one of the plazas that contain all the Lunar Lakes rabbithole portals.

You can find more pictures towards the end of the thread at the official forums.
e3 d3 Ne2 Nd2 Nb3 Ng3
retired moderator
#14 Old 25th Jun 2018 at 9:43 AM
Quote: Originally posted by bobgrey1997
The overall design seems vaguely futuristic, but almost none of the furnishings do, and these doors...
Like... why!?

I think that creator uses lots of Store (pay) items, so most likely you're missing something. It says on the Exchange download that Lunar Lakes content was used.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#15 Old 25th Jun 2018 at 10:10 AM
I'm pretty sure I have Lunar Lakes...
I'll have to take a look at why it's not wanting to show up correctly..
Other lots and worlds that require it show up fine.
Honestly, it might have something to do with the fact that I merged almost all my content... If that's the case, I'll probably just end up reworking it. I do really enjoy the world itself!
e3 d3 Ne2 Nd2 Nb3 Ng3
retired moderator
#16 Old 25th Jun 2018 at 10:19 AM
Also if you used decrapify.exe, it could mean that your copy of Lunar Lakes is identified differently to the creators.
#17 Old 25th Jun 2018 at 10:38 AM Last edited by Don Babilon : 25th Jun 2018 at 11:08 AM.
Yup, if you decrapified before merging your Store content then you're screwed, because the game will not recognise any of the references in a world that does not use the decrapified version of Store stuff.

You can then either
(a) decrapify Bellatrix, too
(b) re-do your Store stuff, and not decrapify this time but use only s3rc.exe instead before you merge it again. This keeps the original references intact.
(c) Install Lunar Lakes through the Launcher. I prefer to install Store worlds the regular way - less issues then imho.

ETA: I just went into my copy of Bellatrix and if the lot you show in your picture is the Sports Bar then, yes, you are definitely missing the Lunar Lakes doors.
But you are still right in one respect, in that the insides of Bellatrix' lots aren't exactly futuristic. That is sort of rflong's style, though.

ETA2:
Here are pics from my copy

The Sports Bar with the correct doors

The neighbouring lot is actually the one that contains city hall. It should look like this

Screenshots
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#18 Old 26th Jun 2018 at 6:25 AM
I think I got it to work now!
I looked into the catalog for those doors and couldn't find them, however, all of the buy mode items showed up (I didn't even realize that the towel rack I used in EVERY bathroom of my newest house, all 8 of them, were from Lunar Lakes!). I ended up just reinstalling Lunar Lakes entirely. (I didn't go filter it out of my merged content, so I guess it just kinda made a duplicate of the items...?)
Now, the door shows up, and I even went to Lunar Lakes to make sure everything is right, and it seems so. I haven't yet loaded up Bellatrix, but I do think it should work.
Now that I think about it, that lot in the previous image, the one with the community portal lot things, I didn't see them in Bellatrix, but when I visited my newly installed Lunar Lakes, they showed up, so I assume that (a) it will work fine, or (b) I can easily fix it with Edit Town.

Anyway, thank you all for the helpful tips and showing some nice worlds! As nitromon and I previously said, it would have been nice if Into The Future brought some densely populated worlds, but these will have to do! I suppose it is a bit too much to ask for the clunky Sims 3

I think for now I will settle with Bellatrix. I may end up tweaking it a bit if I can get my CAW to import finished worlds (It kept rejecting the University a few days ago), and will likely mix in a bit of Saturenorn.

That said, if anyone does manage to find any other good futuristic and/or sci-fi style world, feel free to share it here. Can never have to much!
Lab Assistant
#19 Old 23rd Jul 2019 at 4:51 PM
Try this one: https://www.thesims3.com/assetDetai...assetId=7871678
It's not perfect, and you'll probably want to add houses (I copied some from OL) and change the lots to your liking (tip, make one lot a ITF wasteland lottype, and put nanite spawners on it using buydebug)
The description of the world is in French, but I let google translate it, and the backstory is basically that they build this artificial island to house people that are researching a mysterious comet/crystal in the ocean.
Lab Assistant
#20 Old 23rd Jul 2019 at 5:00 PM
Oh and how can I forget the awesome dystopian sci-fi world I'm playing right now: http://modthesims.info/d/619664/cronor.html
Field Researcher
#21 Old 24th Jul 2019 at 9:18 AM
Quote: Originally posted by still-playing-sims3
Oh and how can I forget the awesome dystopian sci-fi world I'm playing right now: http://modthesims.info/d/619664/cronor.html

Cronor is really a quite nice world. It has low-income areas, high-income areas, and amazing builds overall.
Lab Assistant
#22 Old 24th Jul 2019 at 2:05 PM
Quote: Originally posted by PasTaCopine
Cronor is really a quite nice world. It has low-income areas, high-income areas, and amazing builds overall.

Yeah, the coherent style, attention to detail and funny descriptions of lots are amazing. The only downside is the lack of space for empty lots, but you can always place some lots in the ocean and make them look compatible with the style of the main island.