Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Mad Poster
#26 Old 12th Jun 2018 at 6:55 PM
That would be the honorable thing to do, and I wouldn't be surprised if they released some sort of Complete Collection for, say, $30, but the whole digital platform thing still doesn't sit right with me. Who's to say EA won't go bust in 5 years and take Origin offline, taking all the games that I paid for with it?
I've never had that problem with oldschool games that came on CDs. My disks for TS1/2/3 will be valid for as long as I have a computer that can run them (RIP 90s Need for Speed games I used to play).

insert signature here
( Join my dumb Discord server if you're into the whole procrastination thing. But like, maybe tomorrow. )
Advertisement
Lab Assistant
#27 Old 27th Jun 2018 at 2:05 PM Last edited by keyqueen : 27th Jun 2018 at 4:37 PM.
I don't believe that this is recent news. As until recently I didn't have a pc with a powerful enough graphics card to run sims 3 I had been playing the Xbox version. It was a couple of years ago that I stopped being able to connect to the exchange and learned that the service had been ended. Yet the online features for the pc edition are still running years later, at least for now.
I have noticed for sometime though a trend with ea when comes to the sims and online features. So I feel that a shut down of the sims 3 store and exchange is inevitable. I strongly think that it would be a good idea for everyone to start backing up their store content now. It should be simple to copy the sims3 packs over to a flash drive for safe keeping. You can get rather large ones for realitivly cheap. I don't think that if there is a sims 3 UC store content would be included, I could be wrong though. Even still though remember, Sims 2 UC is still not available for purchase.
Even if ea discontinues the online support and removes the sims 3 games from Origen, anyone who already purchased the games should still be able to download them. At least that's what happened to sims 2. I had bought several of the individual expansions from Origen before UC came out and they are all still in my library. I can't install them anymore though since my original base game came from another digital retailer that has since been bought out a couple of times.
Page 2 of 2