Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Mad Poster
#51 Old 31st Mar 2018 at 4:42 PM
SUPER! Yea, I didn't want to give away that all those "Caliente" girls were pregnant (Caliente=hot ya know). Even the MOM yewwww! Non of them are jealous! And they strike me as sorta duh, so they just don't get that outsiders would care. I DO want to talk about the "inherit $ from Goth". As a wife who was divorced for cheating she would get nothing. Mort is a sweet man - so maybe he doesn't want to see her dead, but he's not stupid - he SHOULD dislike her - so no $ for her. So why did they go there? They needed to get out of town, so they "followed the money" - Mort's money. I could leave it at that, and let people wonder what it ment.
So is this thread OK to be talking about "secrets"? Or should we be doing PMs?
um now how do I SEND you sim-pack (said the Gramma who gets frustrated trying to figure out all these new-fangled things).

Stand up, speak out. Just not to me..
Advertisement
Trainee Moderator
staff: trainee moderator
Original Poster
#52 Old 31st Mar 2018 at 5:18 PM
Hmm, good idea with PMs, then we wouldn't spoil too much of the neighborhood story.

But you're right, while naive Cassandra would forgive Don, I don't think Mortimer would... but that's up to the player. Dina's goal is to reconcile with Mortimer and re-marry him again to be able to inherit his money ... this will be difficult of course, as he starts off with a negative relationship with her... but still it's doable if the player decides to hide Bella from Mortimer.

As for the sim-packs, it's not that difficult, trust me.

First, create a new folder in desktop.
Then go to Documents\EA Games\The Sims 2\PackagedLots and move all of the sim-packs to that folder.

Next, right-click on that folder and zip that file. Then, you can upload file as an attachment to this thread.)

(If you are on a Mac, try this method instead.

Catalogue of Custom Neighborhoods for TS2
All Hood Building Group neighborhoods are available here
Want to get rid of EA's sims in neighborhoods? Check out my Clean and Empty Steatlh Hoods and Clean and Empty Neighborhood Templates
My Simblr
Test Subject
#53 Old 31st Mar 2018 at 9:24 PM
I really want hood from Pet Stories so I thought the best way of getting them soon is to help you finish your current project.
I'm totally in awe of you Jawusa and this hood, it looks amazing. It's there a reason why most of aliens have romance aspiration?

I had quick look at some families and sim memories - many sims don't have memories for learning toddler skills, growing up and their sibling growing up.
1)Sombrero - kids don't have memory of Encladus & Mimas joining family,
2)Xothburgs - adults have only one memory of Rigel growing up despite him being adult, in Sirius memories Cassiopeia III died and then he met Taphao Thong, but Taphao has it other way,
3)Pyxis - Phobos and Deimos have memory of Nyx and Charon dying but not one for meeting them.

I will look at rest of the families next week.
Mad Poster
#54 Old 1st Apr 2018 at 6:00 AM Last edited by grammapat : 1st Apr 2018 at 6:09 AM. Reason: attachment
Trying to send you zip of two community lots, per your request. NOTE TO ANYONE ELSE: you should not download these, I have NOT checked them for any unwanted things - I just don't trust myself to do it. They are just for testing. Note these were made with my Downloads folder removed, but ALL EPs (and some SPs).
Also some pics:
This is my rebuild of Restaurant, trying to use non-CC to make the rocky landscape.

and a park

Attached files:
File Type: zip  2 community lots.zip (1.81 MB, 14 downloads) - View custom content

Trainee Moderator
Original Poster
#55 Old 1st Apr 2018 at 3:14 PM
I downloaded the lots, thanks!
I've also been thinking of renaming "The Alien's Cafe" to something else... maybe "Saturn Lyra's Cafe" or just "Lyra's Cafe"... or even just "Lyra's". The lot could then be owned by the Lyra family and could be run as a family business.

Thanks for your help, Karola265!

People had requested a city life/urban neighborhood, which is done! http://modthesims.info/d/584335
The second mostly voted theme was an alien neighborhood... which is this one here.
The third mostly requested theme was the recreation of Pet Stories neighborhoods... so that's why I first started with this one here. But I'll work on that when Aileen Landing is done first.

Thanks for the detailed input! I know memories are completely out of order and need lots of re-work!

Want to get rid of EA's sims in neighborhoods? Check out my Clean and Empty Steatlh Hoods and Clean and Empty Neighborhood Templates
My Simblr
Scholar
#56 Old 1st Apr 2018 at 7:20 PM
when the aileen landing is released will it come in a subhood version as well as the main hood?

I May Be Life Dumb But I'm Sim Smart(mostly).
My Tumblr
Mad Poster
#57 Old 1st Apr 2018 at 8:39 PM
Does that mean you will release it with MORE than just base-game? (I hope)
PS I will be redoing my 2 community lots (which, as I said, do require more than base game). In the restaurant, the DJ thingy is on a stage. I could swear I've done that before, but now people will ONLY dance ON THE STAGE!
And the park: the soaking pool is too close to the pond, which actually IS to deep to be fished! Should I leave it like that? It sort of goes with the "water has dried up" thing you have going with the pier lot.

Mad Poster
#58 Old 2nd Apr 2018 at 2:06 AM
OMG I've become a flutterby!
The Pyxis house: needs a dead mom on family tree (& memories). The dad must have lived there, but there is only 2 beds. I added an upper story with 2 bedrooms and another bathroom. Which will STILL be cramped if I move Betegeuze in.

Test Subject
#59 Old 2nd Apr 2018 at 1:41 PM
Looked at other families today. It would look nice if alien citizens had memory of Queens dying.

The biggest problem with sims, mostly memories I found:
1)Ava Markab and mayer has memories of affair before kissing person they cheated with
2)Lynx family - baby Vega shows in memories earlier than Thestias who is a toddler
3)Xothburg - family bio says that Mira wanted to marry Rigel but has red memories of engagement and marriage
4)Aquila - in family bio Ganymede is described as his
5)Goth (Bella) - do twins have correct aspirations, for me it looks like Earth should have romance and Venus family
6)Capp - in Veronaville Hermia already knows Mercutio, but her memories show that she met him after having Elvira
7)Goth (Mortimer) - in family memories Leandra and Luigi growing should be one after another
8)Caliente - missing growing up memories, it looks like Dina married as child, they met Don earlier.

I will gladly help more.
Trainee Moderator
Original Poster
#60 Old 2nd Apr 2018 at 2:41 PM Last edited by Jawusa : 2nd Apr 2018 at 3:22 PM.
Quote: Originally posted by Emerald1234
when the aileen landing is released will it come in a subhood version as well as the main hood?

Quote: Originally posted by Emerald1234
Does that mean you will release it with MORE than just base-game? (I hope)
PS I will be redoing my 2 community lots (which, as I said, do require more than base game). In the restaurant, the DJ thingy is on a stage. I could swear I've done that before, but now people will ONLY dance ON THE STAGE!
And the park: the soaking pool is too close to the pond, which actually IS to deep to be fished! Should I leave it like that? It sort of goes with the "water has dried up" thing you have going with the pier lot.

I received requests for converting it to a subhood, so, yes! I'm thinking of doing it like in Emerald Heights. In the BG version, it'll have all the furnitures of a restaurant... but it'll just function as a pretend restaurant. And in the EP version, the restaurant lot would have those EP objects and would work as a real restaurant.

As for the deep pond, I'd keep it as it is. In the intro, it says that you could try catching fishes but it doesn't say that they're really fishable... but you could always try.

Quote: Originally posted by Karola265
3)Xothburg - family bio says that Mira wanted to marry Rigel but has red memories of engagement and marriage

Mira married him against her father's will... she might feel a little bad for that, especially because her father decided to quit contact with her afterwards. You see in the family intro that she's a little insecure about her husband.

Quote: Originally posted by Karola265
5)Goth (Bella) - do twins have correct aspirations, for me it looks like Earth should have romance and Venus family

Yes, while Venus is the planet of love (--> Romance aspiration), Earth is the only planet in our solar system which hosts life (--> Family aspiration).

GOSH, I guess I made everything soo difficult!

My Simblr
Test Subject
#61 Old 2nd Apr 2018 at 4:26 PM
It's not difficult. I just saw that Earth had woohoo'ed and Venus not, also naming Earth child Moon - genius.
Mad Poster
#62 Old 4th Apr 2018 at 8:50 PM
So I hope to see a version that is NOT a sub-hood, and that has EPs that have all the stuff community lots require. And seems to me that in a vanilla game community lots need to have stuff that make it fun, without things that "pretend" to be bars or restaurants. Think I'll make a few to see what you think.
=================
BUT MOSTLY: how did you make the NPCs come out that way! And I can't figure out how you created the EYES on some sims! (they don't match each other)

Mad Poster
#63 Old 4th Apr 2018 at 9:00 PM
Sorry ...but
tried reload hood & CC to try to make vanilla game community lots...but they are not downloadable. aye?

Mad Poster
#64 Old 4th Apr 2018 at 9:16 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Jawusa
LOL! You don't irritate me. That would be very helpful if you did so. Thanks!

The problem with geneticizing skintones is that the alien skintone can then suddenly appear, even though none of the parents are aliens. That's why I didn't do that. But I took care of that issue with skintones being super-dominant. Only a few aliens in Aileen Landing have a homozygous set (both dominant and recessive DNA for the same skintone) for alien skintones. So, almost everyone has a second recessive skintone DNA, meaning, if humans woohoo with them, there's a chance that they'll have a human baby.

==
You made them with recessive skintones? How? If you just bred a Maxis skin with a custom skin you would always get the custom - it wouldn't just be recessive. Actually, you COULD geneticize them. Maxis skins are .1 to .9 so you make the alien skin value to be anything between 1.00 & 9.00. If you breed .1 to .9 you could NOT get anything that was out of that range.

Trainee Moderator
Original Poster
#65 Old 5th Apr 2018 at 10:06 AM
Quote: Originally posted by grammapat
Sorry ...but
tried reload hood & CC to try to make vanilla game community lots...but they are not downloadable. aye?

Sorry! Here they are.
Neighborhood: http://simfil.es/491971/
Neighborhood CC: http://simfil.es/491970/

So I hope to see a version that is NOT a sub-hood, and that has EPs that have all the stuff community lots require. And seems to me that in a vanilla game community lots need to have stuff that make it fun, without things that "pretend" to be bars or restaurants. Think I'll make a few to see what you think.
=================
BUT MOSTLY: how did you make the NPCs come out that way! And I can't figure out how you created the EYES on some sims! (they don't match each other)

Yeah, that would be awesome! Alternatively, we could also upload them as extra lots to the download page. Anyone who has all EPs could basically download all extra lots then and if someone misses an EP (e.g. FreeTime), she could then miss the recreation center lot then... this way, everyone can set up their own Aileen Landing according to their expansion packs!

As for the eyes, LOL! You mean Phobos' eyes? I created him using the new asymmetrical sliders. I got those from this site. http://sims-2-sliders.tumblr.com/
The closed eye was created using this set here. The nose and all using this set
The uneven elf ears which can be seen on some NPCs were created using this set

The cool thing is that the you don't have to download those sliders in order to play those sims! So you could create fancy sims using those custom sliders, and upload them... and the downloader can download that sim without having to install anything else. As for the NPCs, I made a little mod for myself to disable the human sims and eyes for NPCs creation and enable my skintones + EA's Alien skintone and alien eye for NPC creation.

After that, I replaced the facial structures of the NPCs with customly made sims. (Which is pretty easy, open up the character file of a sim in SimPE, extract the "facial structure", open the NPC's character file and replace his facial structure with the one you extracted.) This is how I modified the NPCs. I had seen a tutorial with pictures for this, but I can't seem to find it anymore... I'll keep searching!

My Simblr
Trainee Moderator
Original Poster
#66 Old 5th Apr 2018 at 10:10 AM
You made them with recessive skintones? How? If you just bred a Maxis skin with a custom skin you would always get the custom - it wouldn't just be recessive. Actually, you COULD geneticize them. Maxis skins are .1 to .9 so you make the alien skin value to be anything between 1.00 & 9.00. If you breed .1 to .9 you could NOT get anything that was out of that range.

Currently it's 1.00? So If I set that to 4.00... would I get human skintones? Or does it need to be between 0.1 and 0.9?
This is exactly what I did wrong earlier before and just left the skintones as they were. HOW can I fix the skintones then? I'm doing something wrong.

My Simblr
Inventor
#67 Old 5th Apr 2018 at 10:56 AM Last edited by Sketching : 5th Apr 2018 at 1:27 PM.
Hey, Jawusa. The genetic values for the default skins are as follows:
S1 - 0.1
S2 - 0.3
S3 - 0.6
S4 - 0.9

Based on the wiki:
Quote:
The alien skin tone appears to be a special case. Like custom skin tones, it is outside the 1-4 range, and is generally treated as dominant, but how this is expressed depends on other conditions. The alien skin tone does not appear to be truly dominant unless one parent is homozygous for it. If neither parent is homozygous for the alien skin tone, and the baby gets both that gene and a gene for a normal Maxis skin tone, the baby may express either gene while carrying the other as a recessive. So, it's possible for the child of an alien-Sim hybrid to receive and carry the alien-skin gene while expressing a normal skin tone, and then have a green-skinned child.

My ISP is horrible, so I can't download your neighborhood, but from what I've seen of it, there are three additional skin tones - turquoise, purple, and blue. I'm assuming these are custom skins and not yet geneticized, but correct me if I'm wrong. grammapat is right - even though the default skintone range is from 0.1 to 0.9, you can still set genetic values for skins from 1.0 - 9.0. What'd happen is that the range is extended.

Let's say you have a S1 male and a female with a skintone of 9.0. The possible offspring will have skintones in between those ranges, even the defaults because S1 is 0.1. If you have skintones in between the defaults like 0.7, they'll be included as well. If you have one parent with 1.0 and a second with 9.0, however, they can't get any of the skintones below 1.0 (I'm not sure if fiddling with recessives will help).

Custom skintones are set with a value of 0, which means that they're outside the genetics spectrum and that any sim who has it will automatically pass down said skintone to all of their descendants - unless this sim has children with a sim who has another custom skintone, in which case they'll fight for dominance in a 50/50 fashion. Depending on your hood or playstyle, this might be preferable.

In your case, as I understand it, you'd like the skins to be integrated with the human skintones. You'll have to geneticize your custom alien skintones from 1.0 onwards to fit them in, but remember that it's a range system. If you have an S1 mother and an alien father with a skintone of 9.0, there's a possibility of having a child with S4.

You'll have to think about how you want them on the scale as well. If you decide to put turquoise in between blue and purple, that means Blue and Purple might have a turquoise child.
Trainee Moderator
Original Poster
#68 Old 5th Apr 2018 at 12:33 PM Last edited by Jawusa : 5th Apr 2018 at 1:00 PM.
@Sketching
OMG! Thanks for the help! Now things make sense.
I'll then place it in this order: Grey (EA) - Green (EA) - Turquoise - Blue - Violet
That would be the order according to their darkness. (Grey is the lightest alien skintone, violet is the darkest alien skintone)

But that also means that I have to modify EA's skintones for this neighborhood... so I'll just include it as an optimal mod for anyone who wants the human skins to be integrated.
If someone would like to keep the alien skintones dominant, then, she could skip that optimal mod for this neighborhood.
So let's say I set it like this:
Grey: 0.01
Green: 0.02
Turquoise: 0.03
Blue: 0.04
Violet: 0.05
Would that mean that if an alien sim and a S4 sim could have a violet or S1 child? That would be illogical, though...how can I prevent that?

EDIT:
Quote: Originally posted by Sketching
If you have an S1 mother and an alien father with a skintone of 9.0, there's a possibility of having a child with S4.

This is exactly the reason why I didn't geneticize the skintones because of THAT problem... Is there another way for removing the strong dominance of the alien skintones?

My Simblr
Inventor
#69 Old 5th Apr 2018 at 1:21 PM
Happy to be of help.

I'm guessing Grey is mannequin and Green is the default alien skin? I'm not sure what you mean by (EA), but it's good that you've decided on the scale for skins. If it's the mannequin skintone, I suppose downloaders will need the mannequin skintone for babies mod? I haven't tried breeding mannequin skins, but if your alien skins are geneticized, they'll most likely work the same way as mannequin and human skin breeding works. The default alien skin is tricky because of its special properties; I think it'll work out, but it might dominate on children of alien abductions since the other alien skintones are geneticized.

With your set-up, it's a definite possibility for Grey and S4 to have violet and S1. I'm not sure if it's possible to separate them if not without custom skins; I read up on it when I was trying to work on my supernatural skintone sets, and this was the same problem others bumped into when it came to geneticizing non-human skins because it's one spectrum.
Mad Poster
#70 Old 6th Apr 2018 at 1:56 AM
I never liked ANY alien skin to be dominant, so I have lots of genitisized CC skins, both higher and lower that Maxis. And I've arranged it so the offspring make sense to me (red + blue= purple). And on the other end of the spectrum the yellows and greens. I just don't LET yellow breed with blue - because then I can get human flesh. And I still like breeding alien to human skin, because they can get anything in between their 2 values.

Trainee Moderator
Original Poster
#71 Old 6th Apr 2018 at 11:26 AM
@grammapat

Can you tell me which skintones (colors) you used and what value you set for them
I'd like to match the values with yours.

My Simblr
Mad Poster
#72 Old 7th Apr 2018 at 11:38 PM Last edited by grammapat : 8th Apr 2018 at 1:13 AM.
Did you get my PM? I have over 40 CC skins. Tell me what you want the skins to do & I will tell you what numbers you could use, or if what you WANT will work
Mind those decimal points! The possible skin range is .01 to 9. Maxis skins are set at .1 to .9 ---- PT in the game, and CC skins are automatically set at 0 - which is dominant over everything.
Did you catch what Sketching was saying about Manniquin skins?

ALSO: Originally Posted by Sketching: If you have an S1 mother and an alien father with a skintone of 9.0, there's a possibility of having a child with S4.
then you said:
This is exactly the reason why I didn't geneticize the skintones because of THAT problem... Is there another way for removing the strong dominance of the alien skintones?
====
my response:
There no way around the fact that whatever value you give the skins of mom & dad, offspring will be ANYTHING in between those 2 values (it's random, not dominance).
Just like if you breed the lightest Maxis skin with the darkest, you can get light, dark OR THE TWO SHADES IN BETWEEN. If you breed a Maxis skin of .1(lightest) with an alien of 1. you get anything in between (all 4 of the maxis skins, plus the alien)

Trainee Moderator
Original Poster
#73 Old 8th Apr 2018 at 4:27 PM
Yeah, the mannequin skintone is also super dominant, I've just tested it.
So, yes, I forgot to mention that the mannequin baby mod needs to be downloaded...

But I modified them anyway, the skintones are in this order now:
Grey: 2.1 (EA's mannequin skin) - requires this mod. http://modthesims.info/d/292423
Green: 2.2 (EA's alien skin)
Turquoise: 2.3
Blue: 2.4
Violet: 2.5

My Simblr
Mad Poster
#74 Old 9th Apr 2018 at 7:49 PM Last edited by grammapat : 9th Apr 2018 at 7:51 PM. Reason: PS
That will work! So if person breeds Maxis medium dark skin (which is set at 0.6) to a green (at 2.2) you would get - randomly- Maxis medium dark skin, Maxis darkest skin, grey, or green. That seems OK to me.
PS - I have reinstalled (my whole game!) and am still working on installing some utilities and mods. How can I help you after that?

Trainee Moderator
Original Poster
#75 Old 14th Apr 2018 at 12:57 PM
First, I'll fix all the memories and stuff like that first, and also add your lots to the neighborhood.
Then, I'll re-upload the neighborhood for testing again.

My Simblr
Page 3 of 7