Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
1978 gallons of pancake batter
#26 Old 8th Apr 2008 at 5:43 PM
Is there some kind of trick to get the uv map decently aligned to the texture? The uv mapper doesn't really cares about the borders and position, which is especially bad for recoloring bottoms or tops. The uv map is pretty much of no use when you have to guess where to put it and how to scale it...
TIA
Advertisement
Test Subject
#27 Old 9th Apr 2008 at 10:52 PM
Thank you for the great Tutorial, it's amazingly helpful!

I still have a question: Is there a possibility to get an UV Map of a Sim's face? 'Cause I'm working on a patterned skintone, I've already found the Map for the full body, but I need the face map to know where exactly I can connect the parts together at the neck. I hope anyone can help me find it or export it by myself, I didn't find anything in the forums
Test Subject
#28 Old 10th Jun 2008 at 2:52 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Netgirl
I still have a question: Is there a possibility to get an UV Map of a Sim's face? 'Cause I'm working on a patterned skintone, I've already found the Map for the full body, but I need the face map to know where exactly I can connect the parts together at the neck. I hope anyone can help me find it or export it by myself, I didn't find anything in the forums

Have you had any luck finding a map for the face? I've been looking everywhere. My computer rejects Milkshape for some reason and all that, so I can't even make one.

Actually, all of my searching wasn't entirely fruitless; I found half of a face map somewhere and I can't figure out where! but since there was a copy on my computer, I posted it at my photobucket account:
http://i159.photobucket.com/albums/.../UVMap4Face.jpg
Test Subject
#29 Old 9th Aug 2008 at 11:08 AM
thank you
[=
Test Subject
#30 Old 10th Aug 2008 at 12:15 AM
Thanks so much! =) I've had some troubles with skinning and recoloring earlier. I'm wondering, can SimsPE also be used to resize the sim's clothing or skin sizes? Mabey you could make a tutorial on that too if you find out how.

All for the lolz. =)
Test Subject
#31 Old 7th Sep 2008 at 10:15 PM
Oh my god! Thanks so much! I love you. :D
Test Subject
#32 Old 29th Oct 2008 at 5:14 PM
Thank you. This was simple and easy to use and understand and will help me greatly.

If it's Courtesyof24; it's courtesy of me!
Test Subject
#33 Old 30th Dec 2008 at 12:41 AM
This tutorial is very helpful! but...

On the "Exporting the 3d Model for a Custom Mesh" part:

What does it mean by: "Open the package for the mesh itself in SimPE" on step 1 ?

It wont let me open up the alpha file on SimPE also

On the "Exporting the 3d Model for a Maxis Mesh" part:

nothing shows up for me after I copy and past the name, while i dont include the underscore and i copy from the "name (dtstring)" line. which is in step E
Not actually evil.
#34 Old 18th Jan 2009 at 11:52 PM Last edited by CatOfEvilGenius : 18th Jan 2009 at 11:57 PM.
HP - In post #3, the small image is tutorial4.jpg (correct), but clicking on it takes you to tutorial1.jpg (bad link).

jewelz Please post your question in the Create forums. But while I'm here...

Quote:
What does it mean by: "Open the package for the mesh itself in SimPE" on step 1 ?
It means double click the mesh package. When you download custom clothing, and it comes with a mesh and recolors, the mesh is usually in its own package, and its name usually starts with "MESH".

Quote:
It wont let me open up the alpha file on SimPE
BodyShop separates color and alpha into two images. SimPE does not, it combines them in one image (color + alpha). That's the image in the TXTR resource. If you want just the alpha, export the image from TXTR with the Export button, then open it in GIMP, and do "add mask", then select "transfer layer transparency", then copy the mask.

Quote:
On the "Exporting the 3d Model for a Maxis Mesh" part: nothing shows up for me after I copy and past the name, while i dont include the underscore and i copy from the "name (dtstring)" line. which is in step E
What exactly are you searching for? Type the exact word you looked for, so we know why it didn't work.

Please spay or neuter your pets. --- Cat Music Video! --- my meshes
Mad Poster
#35 Old 4th Jun 2011 at 12:58 AM
I know it's been years since this thread was last replied to, but I'm recolouring an outfit with a dodgy neckline and thought this tutorial might help, but all the images are down. Is there any chance of them being reuploaded?
Mad Poster
#36 Old 4th Jun 2011 at 1:09 AM
Quote: Originally posted by sushigal007
I know it's been years since this thread was last replied to, but I'm recolouring an outfit with a dodgy neckline and thought this tutorial might help, but all the images are down. Is there any chance of them being reuploaded?

First, check if the UV map you need is in this thread; then you won't have to export it yourself.

As for the images in the tutorial, they're not really necessary. It looks like all the instructions are there. Read carefully, and you should be able to follow it.
Mad Poster
#37 Old 5th Jun 2011 at 10:46 AM
It's a custom mesh, so I doubt it'll be there, but thank you, I can see that thread being very handy! I'll have a reread, I have to admit I stopped short as soon as I reached the first missing image.
Mad Poster
#38 Old 7th Jun 2011 at 2:15 PM Last edited by sushigal007 : 7th Jun 2011 at 2:27 PM. Reason: Problem solved
OK, I exported the OBJ file from the GMDC, but when I tried to open in in UV mapper, I got the error message "This OBJ file has no facet information." Does anyone know what that means?

ETA: Ah, ignore me. There was no tick on the model. Once ticked and exported, it worked.
Page 2 of 2