Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#76 Old 1st Dec 2006 at 11:33 AM
Default A talk and some suprising news
Michael gave Skylah a call.
‘I’ve given what you said last time we talked a lot of thought and I was hoping we could talk?’ He asked her softly.
‘Of course Michael, my parents are out to dinner if you’d like to come over now?’
‘Besides, I have something I think I need to tell you.’

Skylah didn’t need to tell Michael anything, for he could see with his own eyes that she was pregnant as soon as she opened the door.
He didn’t know what to say!
So instead he just rubbed her belly.

‘I know you’re probably wondering why I haven’t told you’ she said. ‘ but we haven’t seen eachother for over 2 months and with all the stress lately I didn’t realize myself until 6 weeks ago’
‘How far along are you?’ He asked.
‘Just gone 5 months, come into the lounge, Jeremy would love to see you.’

Michael almost broke down when he saw his little boy. Until that moment he hadn’t been aware of the strain this whole separation had had on him.
‘Look at you’ He lifted Jeremy off the floor. ‘Aren’t you getting a big boy!’
Jeremy giggled and bounced up and down indicating he wanted to play. Michael playfully roughed him up and tossed him in the air as Skylah looked on from the lounge.

‘He’s missed you, you know’.
‘I’ve missed him too’ Michael replied holding Jeremy close then putting him down and turning toward Skylah.

‘And I’ve missed you’
Michael joined Skylah on the lounge and went on to explain why he worked as often as he did and how he couldn’t understand what Skylah had meant whenever she had tried talking to him. He said it might take him a while but he will look for other options considering his work situation.
Whatever makes her happy. ‘I love you Skylah’
‘And I’ll do anything it takes to make our marriage work. I want you to come home’

Skylah touched his cheek explaining to him how she felt and how she appreciated how he looked after them financially. She told him what a wonderful husband he really was but the lack of communication was too much. She felt like she was losing him. And she loved him too.

But she wasn’t ready to come home unless they had marriage counseling. Skylah knew a chat and a hug wouldn’t improve their relationship in the long run. She wasn’t naïve and she’d had her share of complicated relationships before meeting and marrying Michael.
Michael was the love of her life and she wanted to make sure this was what he really wanted. Children or not. She didn’t want to raise their children in a loveless relationship.

Michael readily agreed, which was unusual for him. He was a man’s man. But the separation had softened him. He had come to realize the importance of family, and he wasn’t willing to lose them again.

They continued to talk and agreed that Skylah would stay with her parents for another month while they began their counseling. Once they felt comfortable and Michael started working less hours she would come back home.
Michael was a little hurt, but he knew she meant what she said.
Skylah rose from the lounge and scooped up Jeremy.
‘I need to put Jeremy to bed and I’m a little tired myself.’ She said sleepily.
Michael walked around to kiss his son goodnight, a little pain in his tummy having to leave him again.
‘I’ll call and make an appointment for us as early as possible.’ He said kissing his wife goodbye. ‘And thankyou Skylah’
She looked at him curiously.

‘For making me open my eyes and seeing what a good thing I really do have, and giving me another chance’

As Michael walked away Skylah put Jeremy on the floor and put a hand on her husband’s shoulder.
‘Wait’ she said.

And she kissed him tenderly……
Advertisement
#77 Old 1st Dec 2006 at 12:17 PM
Awww! This last part was so sweet. Can't wait for another update
Instructor
#78 Old 1st Dec 2006 at 2:56 PM
Awww, how sweet! I really hope they work things out. And Evalina's so nice!
Test Subject
#79 Old 1st Dec 2006 at 4:59 PM
awwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww so sweet! that proves you wrong freakaboutsims, yay!!!!
Lab Assistant
#80 Old 1st Dec 2006 at 5:14 PM
awww, so sweet!......love it:D
#81 Old 1st Dec 2006 at 6:03 PM
this update was really sweet.. I loved it
Instructor
#82 Old 1st Dec 2006 at 6:45 PM
I've just stumbled over this story and it's.. GREAT..!
I love stories which are written over a whole neighbourhood, it makes it so much more lively..
Anyway, lovely update.. Glad to see Skylah and Michael are starting to work things out..

Feel free to call me Squash

Lab Assistant
#83 Old 1st Dec 2006 at 8:52 PM
This is really a great story. I haven't posted until now but everyday I come and see if its updated lol, it is really interesting and well done. I can't wait to see what happens next
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#84 Old 2nd Dec 2006 at 5:06 AM
Thanks for the feedback, it keeps me going

Jenny - i love your legacy story!
Although i try not to read other peoples stories while i'm writing my own or i get distracted...

Thankyou gummibears for taking the time to comment, and everyone else
i really appreciate it. *runs off to write next chapters*
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#85 Old 2nd Dec 2006 at 10:50 AM
Default A friend in need continued...
Evalina explained her plan to Brayden.

‘What time do you say these boys come past? 4?’ Make sure you’re out front at that time ok, see you then’.

The next afternoon as usual Brian, David and Wil strode down the road making their usual comments and jeers at Brayden.
‘Loser’ one of them yelled out. ‘Won’t mummy let you out to play’ Teased another.

Brayden sat on the front steps quietly, not brave enough to say anything and hoping nervously that Evalina wouldn’t let him down. He ignored them and continued to wait.

Just as he was about to give up and go inside he saw a car coming around the bend. It was her! She remembered! Brayden refrained himself from jumping up and down. He didn’t want to look any more like a geek in front of those boys, even if he was about to show them up.

Evalina pulled up out the front and true to her word she had one of the biggest faces of the most popular mens magazine with her.
Cassandra Lane.

He could barely believe his own eyes. Cassandra Lane, swimsuit model, drop dead gorgeous as was Evalina, right there out the front of his house. And calling out his name.

He watched as they hopped out of the car. ‘Brayden, honey’ Evalina called to him. ‘Cassandra and I are off to the beach and thought you might wanna tag along’.

‘We’re meeting up with some pals at the beach house and you know the girls just love you down there.’ she continued as they walked toward the house.’

By this time Brayden had almost forgotten the boys standing near the corner of his house. He looked out of the corner of his eyes and sure enough they were astounded. Standing there with their mouths open.

The next bit was funny. After they regained their composure The leader, Brayden presumed, thinking he was just it, strode over.
‘Ladies’ he started. ‘Now what would you want with a punk like him when you can have 3 sexy Men like us’ he grinned at them.
‘I’m sure your lady friends would much prefer the experience of a mans hand from a boys’
Was he serious? Brayden thought to himself. They were barely older than him. He struggled to prevent himself from busting out loud. Although he didn’t need to as both Cassandra and Evalina did it for him.

‘Men’ they scoffed’ ‘Pfft’ ‘You really think we’d take you over our friend Brayden here? Think again.’
They turned to face Brayden leaving the boys open mouthed yet again. ‘Go on babe, go get your togs, we’ll wait inside’
‘And hurry, you don’t want to keep the girls waiting.’ They called out as they followed him in.

Once inside Brayden wooped. ‘Did you see their faces? That was soo cool’
He peeked out the window to see they were only just starting to walk away, muttering amongst themselves still in shock.
‘Do ya reckon it worked?’ He asked. ‘Ya know I don’t even care, that was the best thing that’s ever happened to me and it’s all thanks to you.’
‘Anything for my friends little boy, sorry little man’ Evalina winked….
#86 Old 2nd Dec 2006 at 1:57 PM
I loved this update so much......
Lab Assistant
#87 Old 2nd Dec 2006 at 3:07 PM
I like this story a lot; I just read the whole thing. I like the way the characters all have a certain depth to them, and I especially like the way you've organized the plot around Mary. She makes it a little easier to see how they all connect and to remember who everyone is and what they're up to. Please keep going and write moremoremore!
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#88 Old 2nd Dec 2006 at 11:55 PM
That's great! I'm so glad more people are coming in to read my story.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#89 Old 3rd Dec 2006 at 2:38 AM
Default A postcard in the mail
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#90 Old 3rd Dec 2006 at 2:47 AM
Default A new man
Ben looked like a different person when I went to see him yesterday. He was in good spirits as he recalled the previous days events.
Jennifer has become a regular visitor to his home.
They had been having one of their many deep and meaningfuls, talking about their past and present listening to music and apparently having a few too many too drink when Jennifer screamed. ‘Your rugs on fire!’

He said at first they ran around in circles trying to stomp out the fire when Ben remembered he had a fire extinguisher and began putting it out.

Once they had the fire out Jennifer suddenly started laughing at how ridiculous they must have looked ‘You looked so funny’ she said catching her breath before bursting into the fits of giggles again. Before he knew it Ben also began laughing. They laughed so much so they were rolling on the floor. He didn’t know if it were the many whiskeys they’d had or maybe the fact he hadn’t laughed in such a long time but they just couldn’t stop.

' I haven't laughed so much in my life' he told me.

When they had calmed down a little Jennifer jumped up. You know what you need’ she announced a little giddy.
‘What’
‘A makeover!’
‘Do you think that’s safe in our state?’
‘Of course it is’ she said excitedly. ‘Come on’
She helped him up off the floor and they headed to the bathroom. ‘Now sit down and relax’
‘Trust me’ she laughed seeing the look of apprehension on his face.

‘It’s ok I’ve done this before, got halfway through a hairdressing apprenticeship before Wayne made me give it up.’ She said placing a towel around his neck.
20 minutes later Ben stood up and looked at his reflection in the mirror. He didn’t even recognize himself, he was a different man.

I admired his new look, and told him so.

He went on to tell me after his haircut they went outside and sat under the stars making small talk for a while before Jennifer got up to leave. ‘And then I kissed her’ he said abruptly but quietly.

I was startled.
‘I think I’m falling for her Mary.’
‘She’s sweet and funny and has no pretentiousness about her. She’s had a rough trot along the way and yet she remains gentle and down to earth.’
I told Ben I thought it was wonderful as she is a lovely person and he’s very deserving of her.
I think something beautiful is about to unfold….
Lab Assistant
#91 Old 3rd Dec 2006 at 2:59 AM
omg, thats too darn sweet!!!!!!!!!!!!
Lab Assistant
#92 Old 3rd Dec 2006 at 3:26 AM
Nice Updates!! Aww how cute!
Top Secret Researcher
#93 Old 3rd Dec 2006 at 3:29 AM
Yay, more updates! I've falling in love with these characters and story, they seem so real!

~* Childish, Eco-Friendly, Snob, Couch Potato, Inappropriate *~
Test Subject
#94 Old 3rd Dec 2006 at 4:55 AM
Wow, so many updates I can hardly keep up. :P

Aww, I loved the latest chapter. I'm really loving this story. Keep up the good work!
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#95 Old 3rd Dec 2006 at 6:58 AM
Default uh oh
I have some really bad news :weep:
My sims game won't load!!! It keeps getting stuck on Crenellating Crenelations :banghead:
I's now 10 to 6 and i've been trying different things since 2pm i'm losing my mind now. I don't know if one of my 4000 download files is corrupt or there's a scratch in the disc and being FFS i can't use another disc instead and i can't uninstall the ba***** because it will wipe everything.
I'm so stressed out right now, as i have even prepared the ending of the story so i would have actually finished this one.
I can only think of 2 things:
1. Install Pets so i can use that disc but again i may lose everything or
2. Go and buy another FFS pack-i don't even know if another ffs disc would work???
Or if anyone has any idea's that won't make me do my head in....i'll check back in over the next day or so

*runs back in* It loaded!!!! I think there was a corrupt file i must have deleted the right one whew. Something weird happened though, i have to reload Bluewater village for some reason as if i had just installed the game for the first time? Oh well i really don't care. I just won't go there and i'll try to take as many ingame shots as possible in case this happens again and when i finally load pets i'm starting from scratch..so here's to many weeks of redownloading lol
Lab Assistant
#96 Old 3rd Dec 2006 at 8:01 AM
AH! you had me worried >_<
*breathes*
im so so so happy for Ben!!! *squee*
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#97 Old 3rd Dec 2006 at 9:13 AM
* giggles *
Instructor
#98 Old 3rd Dec 2006 at 12:36 PM
Ah, good, I'm glad it's okay! *squees* Yay, Ben and Jennifer! They're so cute, and... yay! And I like Ben's new look, it suits him. (I also really like the postcard, that's nifty!)
Lab Assistant
#99 Old 3rd Dec 2006 at 3:36 PM
Whew! Make a SimPE backup asap o.o

Ben's new look is great, and I LOVED the "do you think that's safe in our state?" line. I don't know if you meant what I'm thinking you meant, but it amused me nonetheless. I can't say I didn't see them coming as a couple But what about Warrick? I do have a theory, but I'm not going to share in case it's what you're planning on doing and I ruin the surprise. Keep going keep going I love this story and I never say that because I'm a grouch :lovestruc
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#100 Old 4th Dec 2006 at 3:50 AM
LOL @ Ellie ...Loved you comment feel free to pm me on your theory if you like..or not
So you did see the Ben/Jennifer thing coming huh, well i guess i'm not that good at suprises then am i LOL

ps: What's a SimPE backup?
Page 4 of 8