Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 18th Sep 2017 at 9:29 PM

This user has the following games installed:

Sims 2, University, Nightlife, Open for Business, Pets, Seasons, Bon Voyage, Free Time, Apartment Life
Default household with greyed build/buy and inventory items unusable
Hello guys.
I have been playing this house with sims for some time, but suddenly i can´t use the build/buy buttons and the inventory items.
Of course i already read the game faq, but nothing seems to be my problem, this the only one house with this issue.
im running the game in win 7.
The game is fully updated and patched till M&G
Few mods including those who avoid corruption (for an earlier truly bad experience).
Thanks for your time
Screenshots
Advertisement
Née whiterider
retired moderator
#2 Old 18th Sep 2017 at 9:48 PM
This happens sometimes, generally you'd use the ffs debugger to enable buy/build but of course that does rely on you already having placed it on the lot. Personally, I use the DEST version of InSim, which adds an option to enable buy & build when you click on the ground, but a lot of people don't like using InSim since it's not officially supported for M&G.

What I lack in decorum, I make up for with an absence of tact.
Top Secret Researcher
#3 Old 18th Sep 2017 at 10:06 PM
I always use the uni cheat code:
boolprop dormspecifictoolsdisabled false

But how long have buy and build mode been like that? Is anything special happening on the lot?
Alchemist
#4 Old 18th Sep 2017 at 10:08 PM
Build/Buy modes and the reward catalogs can become disabled in at least following cases::
-certain NPC types coming on lot; Social Worker, Repo Man, burglar.
-fire occurring.
-any Grim Reaper kind of death occurring; at least to 1 or more household member.
-force creating NPCs through mailbox; the testingcheatsenabled cheat enabled.

the DEST edition of insimenator can restore Buy & Build modes, but not the reward catalogs.
Mad Poster
#5 Old 18th Sep 2017 at 10:15 PM Last edited by gazania : 19th Sep 2017 at 6:31 AM.
I had this problem with a visitor mod on one lot. Eventually, I had to move the Sims out, then move them back in. I lost the stuff in the house, but I could at least play the family again. Also, though it probably goes without saying, I got rid of the mod.

I know you wrote you had few mods, but I don't know exactly which ones you have, and the solution may have to be the same if you can't fix the problem any other way. You might want to at least back up the one hood first, though.

While you wrote you had few mods, sometimes a CC item that does not look like a mod can be a pain. I just had to remove a default replacement phone because my Sims were unable to call the vacation shuttle after they checked out. It was fine in any other scenario.

Thanks to ALL free-site creators, admins and mods.

RIP Sunni ... truly a ray of light.
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#6 Old 18th Sep 2017 at 11:02 PM
Did something happen before this? Did it get stuck during a robbery or a death? or did you just load up one day and find it like that? The first would be it somehow got stuck but the second would morel likely indicate a mod issue.

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~
Test Subject
Original Poster
#7 Old 19th Sep 2017 at 4:08 AM Last edited by simoleonmex : 19th Sep 2017 at 5:29 AM.
Quote: Originally posted by Lili975
I always use the uni cheat code:
boolprop dormspecifictoolsdisabled false

But how long have buy and build mode been like that? Is anything special happening on the lot?

The problem showed up yesterday. I did not use yet any cheat, bcs im fraid to get the neigborhood corrupted.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#8 Old 19th Sep 2017 at 4:11 AM Last edited by simoleonmex : 19th Sep 2017 at 5:29 AM.
Quote: Originally posted by Nysha
This happens sometimes, generally you'd use the ffs debugger to enable buy/build but of course that does rely on you already having placed it on the lot. Personally, I use the DEST version of InSim, which adds an option to enable buy & build when you click on the ground, but a lot of people don't like using InSim since it's not officially supported for M&G.

Yeah, i do not use either InSim, but i use from time to time ffs debugger, but this bat cube is not present at the lot.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#9 Old 19th Sep 2017 at 4:18 AM
Quote: Originally posted by mdsb759
Build/Buy modes and the reward catalogs can become disabled in at least following cases::
-certain NPC types coming on lot; Social Worker, Repo Man, burglar.
-fire occurring.
-any Grim Reaper kind of death occurring; at least to 1 or more household member.
-force creating NPCs through mailbox; the testingcheatsenabled cheat enabled.

the DEST edition of insimenator can restore Buy & Build modes, but not the reward catalogs.

Ok, i will try to catalog your points:
- sims time is more or less 10:pm, so a burglar is not present or may be present at the lot. There are no childrens too. There are no debts.
- i sent the sim to cook something, so i can see if the stove is alright, and no, the sim did the work and no fire were present
- there are 3 members at the household but no one seems to be dying for any reazon
- the testingcheatsenabled is not active, and i dont like to force the game to create npc.
so im totally lost.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#10 Old 19th Sep 2017 at 4:21 AM
Quote: Originally posted by gazania
I had this problem with a visitor mod on one lot. Eventually, I had to move the Sims out, then move them back in. I lost the stuff in the house, but I could at least play the family again. Also, though it probably goes without saying, I got rid of the mod.

I know you wrote you had few mods, but I don't know exactly which ones you have, and the solution may have to be the same if you can't fix the problem any other way. You might want to at least back up at least the one hood first, though.

While you wrote you had few mods, sometimes a CC item that does not look like a mod can be a pain. I just had to remove a default replacement phone because my Sims were unable to call the vacation shuttle after they checked out. It was fine in any other scenario.

My question is, a mod can make this to happens to a only one house?
Test Subject
Original Poster
#11 Old 19th Sep 2017 at 5:26 AM
Default problem solved|
Well guys, thanks for your comments, and i decided to use the cheat: boolprop testingcheatsenabled true, click on the mail box and select "force error", this give me a log that says:
Build: 1.17.0.66
at Oct 11 2008,15:12:07

Object id: 316
name: N004_User00550 - Teresa
Stack size: 8
Error: Reference to tree tree parameter when no parameter exists.
Iterations: 75
Frame 7:
Stack Object id: -1
Node: 1
Tree: id 4132 name 'Interaction - Object Error' version -32762
from MailBox
Prim state: 0
Params: Locals:
Frame 6:
Stack Object id: 0
Node: 0
Tree: id -1 name 'No behavior' version 0
from
Prim state: 1
Params: Locals: ..... blah blah blah
So the sim "teresa" was the gulty, I decide to "terminate" her dying for old age and the house hold return to normal, here is the screen capture
Screenshots
Top Secret Researcher
#12 Old 19th Sep 2017 at 5:31 AM
Edit: Well, then, rest in peace, Teresa.

Test Subject
Original Poster
#13 Old 20th Sep 2017 at 8:48 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Lili975
Edit: Well, then, rest in peace, Teresa.

[Spoiler=
To sum up, I would first do the remove-Downloads test, and also wait a bit to see it the issue doesn't solve itself, if it's only recently started. I'd be curious to see what happens when the other two sims come back from work.
Then of course, if nothing changed, don't save the progress, exit to neighbourhood.[/spoiler]

Sorry for my late response, but how you must know, today in mexico there was a huge earthquake , and.. well yo can imagine me too.
of course i did a backup first, but i will play for some time the neigboorhod, if i see some weird behavior i will let you know. but this will be on next days...
THANKS!!
Top Secret Researcher
#14 Old 20th Sep 2017 at 10:25 AM
I hope you and your loved ones are safe, que Dieu te garde.