Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 20th Sep 2017 at 5:48 PM

This user has the following games installed:

Sims 2, University, Nightlife, Open for Business, Pets, Seasons, Bon Voyage, Free Time, Apartment Life
Default Adult Aging Backwards During Party?
I did some searching online and didn't find this specific glitch, so I was wondering if anyone else had experienced this. My Sim, Apollo London, was born in game and had no previous troubles with aging. However, he threw a birthday party for his daughter, aging her into a toddler. I saved and exited right after she aged up, even though the party was still going, because I had to take my son to swimming class.

I played another household for a few days, and when I came back to the London household, Apollo was now a teenager instead of an adult! This remained the case even after the party ended. He was still married to his wife, Emily, but was unable to engage in any romantic interactions with her. What's more, taking him to a birthday cake did not give me the option to age him up (probably because he was, like, 14 days from turning into an adult). I ended up using "agesimscheat on" in order to bring him back to adult status.

Don't know if it matters, but Apollo was born in game to one of the high good witches and an NPC who I brought to college because he was the BFF of the non-heir in the 2nd generation of my legacy family. Apollo's wife is an NPC that he fell in love with in college.

Overall, I tend to be careful about the Mods I play, and I don't have Inseminator or anything that messes with teen-adult interactions or aging. I don't remember the exact names right now, but the mods I have are the one to correct supernatural behaviors (so that you can create a vampire without the vampires turning 10% of the population), the mod that removes the pregnancy controllers for pet pregnancies so they don't clutter memory, and the mod that keeps customers from complaining at home businesses. I've had all of them for ages. I also have been using the Magical Keumungo (http://modthesims.info/d/60241) hacked object to remove jealousy on university lots so I no longer have to have somebody making sentry bots to zap all of those annoying, troublemaking cow mascots.

I was wondering if this weird glitch could have anything to do with having a genie lamp on the lot? I've got perhaps a bad habit of hanging onto genie lamps in case they're needed, rather than having my Sims use them right away. I've noticed lately that lots with the genie lamps sitting on them tend to have more of a tendency towards being "borked" in weird ways. Like, I had a Sim show up at someone's house for a wedding party, walking crouched like the Gypsy Matchmaker! He stayed that way the whole party. And yes, that household also had a lamp sitting around in reserve.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/jxbwicmmz...ca606f.jpg?dl=0

Should I just have everyone use up their wishes and see if that helps?
Advertisement
Mad Poster
#2 Old 20th Sep 2017 at 7:03 PM
Just so you know, this belongs in "Help." But I see you're new and this place is confusing as heck when you first get here, so one of the mods will probably move it, no worries.

When I opened the topic I expected to be able to tell you that if you use the birthday cake with aging off, the user will regress six days instead of growing up, but I see that's not remotely the case. I have an adult who tends to regress, myself, but the circumstances are entirely different - he started life as a Vacation local, and randomly regresses (losing his skill points!) sometimes when other sims take vacations. Also, it's in a neighborhood that I've known for awhile is broken, so when I couldn't identify a cause I got into the habit of keeping notes on his skill points and checking on him in SimPE after every vacation, so I can reset his age and restore his hit points as soon as I know about it. It means his age bar doesn't show his college stage anymore, but at least he can kiss his wife.

Your case appears to be different, but looking at the details I can eliminate some of your suspects right away. Having a genie lamp on the lot does not cause glitches and it's not a bad habit at all to hang onto it till you need it. My sims are restricted as to when they can use it and their lots aren't any glitchier than the others. The High Good Witch and the NPCs that can be normally interacted with and have real names (as opposed to the Social Worker) are all ordinary sims who are safe to move in and breed.

That doesn't get us any forwarder, though. And since you've already aged him, it's impossible to troubleshoot. It sounds as if whatever the event was, it happened either during the save, or in between plays of that household, since you would hardly have saved and quit if Apollo had reverted to teen by the time you came to save. At the moment, we'll have to call it a mystery.

A little advice on troubleshooting: there is a Help FAQ, which I presume you read through (and which you would have been redirected to before you could have posted in Help) outlining the steps that fix most problems people have with the game. It is important to do as many of the steps as you can, not just read through them and think: "Oh, it can't be that, it makes no sense." This game is complex enough that chaos theory applies, and it only gets more complex when you add in mods and different people with different playstyles playing on different computers with different hardware and software setups.

I had a mod for Slower LTA Gain which froze the vacation clock. One - but only one - of the people who frequent this board had the same problem, and we never determined what our systems had in common to cause the glitch. The creator of the mod likened this effect to the toilets flushing when you turn the lights on - it made no sense. I once had a blouse that crashed the game when the wearer used the photobooth for its intended purpose. Other people can tell you similar stories. This is why the first step of the FAQ after backing up your game is to pull out your Downloads folder and see if the glitch recurs. If it doesn't, the problem is in your Downloads folder somewhere and all you have to do is track it down. It could be a normally reliable mod that was broken as you downloaded it. It could be two normally reliable mods that don't work well together when used in your OS.

This only helps, alas, if the problem is replicable and testable; i.e., if you saw it happen and can reproduce the conditions. The photobooth glitch, for example, only happened with one individual, so I moved a photobooth onto her lot and kept reloading the game to make her take pictures with different things in the Downloads folder until I finally found the blouse. I can't do that with Joe's teen reversions because I haven't identified any pattern to when somebody else's vacation regresses him. I just have to check him every time I save a vacation day.

So it sounds to me like you've done everything you can for now. Maybe somebody who can read error logs could study those and suggest something, but maybe not. Just stay alert to it happening again and if it keeps happening, maybe you can isolate the trigger and troubleshoot it.

For now, forget about it and enjoy your game.

Ugly is in the heart of the beholder.
(My simblr isSim Media Res . Widespot,Widespot RFD: The Subhood, and Land Grant University are all available here. In case you care.)
The Great AntiJen
retired moderator
#3 Old 20th Sep 2017 at 7:04 PM
Moved to Help - you should get more, well, help here.

I no longer come over to MTS very often but if you would like to ask me a question then you can find me on tumblr or my own site tflc. TFLC has an archive of all my CC downloads.
I'm here on tumblr and my site, tflc
Test Subject
Original Poster
#4 Old 20th Sep 2017 at 7:50 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Peni Griffin
Just so you know, this belongs in "Help." But I see you're new and this place is confusing as heck when you first get here, so one of the mods will probably move it, no worries.

When I opened the topic I expected to be able to tell you that if you use the birthday cake with aging off, the user will regress six days instead of growing up, but I see that's not remotely the case. I have an adult who tends to regress, myself, but the circumstances are entirely different - he started life as a Vacation local, and randomly regresses (losing his skill points!) sometimes when other sims take vacations. Also, it's in a neighborhood that I've known for awhile is broken, so when I couldn't identify a cause I got into the habit of keeping notes on his skill points and checking on him in SimPE after every vacation, so I can reset his age and restore his hit points as soon as I know about it. It means his age bar doesn't show his college stage anymore, but at least he can kiss his wife.

Your case appears to be different, but looking at the details I can eliminate some of your suspects right away. Having a genie lamp on the lot does not cause glitches and it's not a bad habit at all to hang onto it till you need it. My sims are restricted as to when they can use it and their lots aren't any glitchier than the others. The High Good Witch and the NPCs that can be normally interacted with and have real names (as opposed to the Social Worker) are all ordinary sims who are safe to move in and breed.

That doesn't get us any forwarder, though. And since you've already aged him, it's impossible to troubleshoot. It sounds as if whatever the event was, it happened either during the save, or in between plays of that household, since you would hardly have saved and quit if Apollo had reverted to teen by the time you came to save. At the moment, we'll have to call it a mystery.

A little advice on troubleshooting: there is a Help FAQ, which I presume you read through (and which you would have been redirected to before you could have posted in Help) outlining the steps that fix most problems people have with the game. It is important to do as many of the steps as you can, not just read through them and think: "Oh, it can't be that, it makes no sense." This game is complex enough that chaos theory applies, and it only gets more complex when you add in mods and different people with different playstyles playing on different computers with different hardware and software setups.

I had a mod for Slower LTA Gain which froze the vacation clock. One - but only one - of the people who frequent this board had the same problem, and we never determined what our systems had in common to cause the glitch. The creator of the mod likened this effect to the toilets flushing when you turn the lights on - it made no sense. I once had a blouse that crashed the game when the wearer used the photobooth for its intended purpose. Other people can tell you similar stories. This is why the first step of the FAQ after backing up your game is to pull out your Downloads folder and see if the glitch recurs. If it doesn't, the problem is in your Downloads folder somewhere and all you have to do is track it down. It could be a normally reliable mod that was broken as you downloaded it. It could be two normally reliable mods that don't work well together when used in your OS.

This only helps, alas, if the problem is replicable and testable; i.e., if you saw it happen and can reproduce the conditions. The photobooth glitch, for example, only happened with one individual, so I moved a photobooth onto her lot and kept reloading the game to make her take pictures with different things in the Downloads folder until I finally found the blouse. I can't do that with Joe's teen reversions because I haven't identified any pattern to when somebody else's vacation regresses him. I just have to check him every time I save a vacation day.

So it sounds to me like you've done everything you can for now. Maybe somebody who can read error logs could study those and suggest something, but maybe not. Just stay alert to it happening again and if it keeps happening, maybe you can isolate the trigger and troubleshoot it.

For now, forget about it and enjoy your game.

Thanks so much! Sorry for not checking the help file first. I'll read through it carefully.

I don't know if he turned into a teenager before I saved, because like I said, I was in a hurry. If he did, he certainly didn't do the spin transformation with the music and lights, because I would have noticed. He was still holding her when I saved.

I am wondering, now, if it could have had anything to do with the Bat Box Debugger, which I used on another lot in between, in order to fix a stuck Scenario Controller on another lot when I couldn't get a wedding to start. I would hit "Get married" on the arch, and the couple would line up at the arch and then jump back to their original locations. After using the Bat Box, however, I was able to get the wedding to proceed as usual.
Mad Poster
#5 Old 20th Sep 2017 at 9:25 PM
The Bat Box is one of those things everyone has and no one would get rid of, so I doubt it, especially since that use was on a different lot. Though, as I said above - chaos theory applies. You can make yourself crazy guessing.

Ugly is in the heart of the beholder.
(My simblr isSim Media Res . Widespot,Widespot RFD: The Subhood, and Land Grant University are all available here. In case you care.)
Mad Poster
#6 Old 20th Sep 2017 at 10:13 PM
Question: Have you ever deleted any other Sims from the family bin? I'm wondering if somehow some stray data got itself attached to your Sim.

I'm secretly a Bulbasaur. | Formerly known as ihatemandatoryregister

Looking for SimWardrobe's mods? | Or Dizzy's? | Faiuwle/rufio's too! | smorbie1's Chris Hatch archives
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#7 Old 20th Sep 2017 at 10:47 PM
Also check your anti virus, I had issues connected to aging once and it was my anti virus doing it, I had to turn it off every time I played.

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~
Test Subject
Original Poster
#8 Old 20th Sep 2017 at 11:10 PM
Quote: Originally posted by ihatemandatoryregister
Question: Have you ever deleted any other Sims from the family bin? I'm wondering if somehow some stray data got itself attached to your Sim.

No, thankfully, I have not. I read various pages about avoiding corruption when I first started playing a couple years ago. (I'm new to this forum, not so new to the game.) I'm still wondering if it had something to do with saving before the party ended. I typically don't, but I have to put my kid's schedule first.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#9 Old 20th Sep 2017 at 11:11 PM
Quote: Originally posted by joandsarah77
Also check your anti virus, I had issues connected to aging once and it was my anti virus doing it, I had to turn it off every time I played.

Good point! I was playing without it a week or so ago, because I had a lot of crashes between households and thought it was because of background virus checking. That seemed to be the source of that trouble, so maybe it's behind this mysterious glitch, too.