Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#1 Old 16th Sep 2017 at 9:22 AM

This user has the following games installed:

Sims 2, University, Nightlife, Open for Business, Pets, Seasons, Bon Voyage, Free Time, Apartment Life
Default Installing tarlias templates for neighborhoods and jawusa?
1. Is it possible to have both meetme2theriver's templates and Jawusa's empty stealth hoods both running at the same time? I'm not using tarlias templates for stealth hoods, just Jawusa's, everything else I've put in my folders to replace the base game neighborhood is from Tarlia though Would that conflict or is that ok?

2. Upon replacing the folder for bon voyage with tarlias V001 replacement there seems to be more than one folder besides V001 in the bon voyage folder in program files. Do I take out all of them and replace it with tarlias one folder or do I just replace the V001 only?

3. Does any of the above what I just asked make any sense? Lol
Advertisement
Instructor
#2 Old 16th Sep 2017 at 10:35 AM
1. I've always used only meetme2theriver ones, so I'm not quite sure; anyway, as long as they replace different things they're not gonna conflict, I guess. In both cases, do NOT replace the game folder! Back up them, if you want, then delete and then put the clean ones you downloaded (if you simply replace the files, you're gonna end up having some default files and some new ones).

2. The V001 should be the template for the tourists (and the Traveller family I guess, I erased the folder a long time ago); the other three are for the locals Sims and neighborhood data, lots, storytelling etc (A001 is Takemitsu, M001 Mountain and T001 is Tikki Island).

3. I think it's normal having some doubts, nothing wrong with your questions
Mad Poster
#3 Old 16th Sep 2017 at 4:52 PM
Quote: Originally posted by jvms20
1. Is it possible to have both meetme2theriver's templates and Jawusa's empty stealth hoods both running at the same time? I'm not using tarlias templates for stealth hoods, just Jawusa's, everything else I've put in my folders to replace the base game neighborhood is from Tarlia though Would that conflict or is that ok?

2. Upon replacing the folder for bon voyage with tarlias V001 replacement there seems to be more than one folder besides V001 in the bon voyage folder in program files. Do I take out all of them and replace it with tarlias one folder or do I just replace the V001 only?

3. Does any of the above what I just asked make any sense? Lol

1. Any hood you place in the My Doc folder for Sims 2 will work with Jawusa's stealth hoods so long as they have never been used before in a full game that uses other stealth hoods then this hood will not use Jawusa's.
There is no problem in any case.

2. No unless you don't want Maxis vacation hoods. The other 3 are the vacation hood templates.

3. Yep, at least to me.

All my Beginning Hoods here at MTS. http://www.modthesims.info/member.php?u=7749491
All my Beginning Hoods as Shopping Districts plus Old Town. http://www.modthesims.info/download.php?t=523417
MooVille, a tribute to Mootilda and her fabulous lots http://www.modthesims.info/download.php?t=534158
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#4 Old 16th Sep 2017 at 8:31 PM
@marka93 thanks so much! ^.^ you're awesome!
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#5 Old 16th Sep 2017 at 8:36 PM
Quote: Originally posted by *_Drew~
1. I've always used only meetme2theriver ones, so I'm not quite sure; anyway, as long as they replace different things they're not gonna conflict, I guess. In both cases, do NOT replace the game folder! Back up them, if you want, then delete and then put the clean ones you downloaded (if you simply replace the files, you're gonna end up having some default files and some new ones

The way I'm doing it is I go to the folder that comes from the actual game, I cut the folder, paste it into a back up folder in case something goes wrong I could use those maxis folders again and then I use Talia's and Jawusa's to put in the now empty neighborhood template folder. Is that the correct way to do it?
Instructor
#6 Old 16th Sep 2017 at 9:48 PM
Quote: Originally posted by jvms20
The way I'm doing it is I go to the folder that comes from the actual game, I cut the folder, paste it into a back up folder in case something goes wrong I could use those maxis folders again and then I use Talia's and Jawusa's to put in the now empty neighborhood template folder. Is that the correct way to do it?

Yes, that's exactly what I meant
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#7 Old 16th Sep 2017 at 11:58 PM
Thanks so much to both of you. The templates seem to be working fine however when I opened up blue water village there are still people in the family bin which I thought was odd. Is that supposed to happen?
Mad Poster
#8 Old 17th Sep 2017 at 4:32 AM Last edited by RoxEllen1965 : 17th Sep 2017 at 7:04 AM. Reason: fix spelling
Bluewater Village does come with some bin families (Chester Gieke and the Larson twins). They come with the neighborhood, so they wouldn't be affected by having clean stealth hoods. I don't remember whether Tarlia offered a version of Bluewater Village without them.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#9 Old 17th Sep 2017 at 6:25 AM
I'm not too sure if whether or not I should make an entirely new post but I've experienced some issues in my game thus far. One of them being one of my sims couldn't reroll his wants, they were just blank. I ran hood check and nothing fixed it. Not even the let debugger. I had to use the simblebder to manually age the sim and that's when he problem went away. Also I have a townie walking around his his torso is missing. I don't know how to describe it but his head is floating and his hips down are still visible but his torso isn't....
Instructor
#10 Old 17th Sep 2017 at 3:43 PM
They both sound like a CC-related issues: the "torso" problem could be a bad default replacement or also a missing custom shirt (maybe you removed the mesh without noticing) and the wants rerolling might be related to bad CC/conflicting mods but also corruption. Try to have a look at this guide: first step, in any case, is to try running the game without any CC at all and check if the problems are still there. Also, try to create a new empty neighborhood and play for a bit to see if everything is all right. Anyway, the guide is very detailed, it should be helpful
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#11 Old 17th Sep 2017 at 9:38 PM
Quote: Originally posted by *_Drew~
They both sound like a CC-related issues: the "torso" problem could be a bad default replacement or also a missing custom shirt (maybe you removed the mesh without noticing) and the wants rerolling might be related to bad CC/conflicting mods but also corruption. Try to have a look at this guide: first step, in any case, is to try running the game without any CC at all and check if the problems are still there. Also, try to create a new empty neighborhood and play for a bit to see if everything is all right. Anyway, the guide is very detailed, it should be helpful

Thank you I'll go ahead and take a look into the guide. I was worried it might be corruption.....that's what I was hoping I'd find less of when installing these templates. I ran hood check on it and so many errors were found. I've never seen so much errors found in hood check not even when I'd run it with the regular maxis base game hoods.