Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#1 Old 23rd May 2006 at 3:37 PM
MAX and 3DS files...
Hey.

Is there a program that deals with MAX and 3DS files... I saw a Nissan Micra on the Archidom site and really want to have a go at making it.
Also is there any-way to convert/change the files? ...By that i mean change them to ".Package" files rather than MAX and 3DS...

Thanks in advance.

+Lucky+

P.s If the software is free that would be good.. 'cos I'm kinda low on funds at the moment! hehe!

P.P.s Sorry I hi-Jacked Fresh-Princes thread.... :sorry:

Visit VoVillia Corp :)
Cra5h, +Lucky+ WonderKid, Whatever...
Advertisement
Forum Resident
#2 Old 23rd May 2006 at 4:01 PM
3DS are never a problem, there are lots of programs that can deal with those and convert them. Try google or another searchengine for 3D-freeware or object converters.

MAX is another thing, I never stumbled over a free converter that was able to deal with that format.

To make a .package you have to import the mesh (for example 3DS, .obj, .x, .smd or Milkshape ASCII) into a cloned package via SimPE. There are lots of tutorials about that in the tutorials section of this forum.

happy simming,
Xanathon

Xanathon's Laboratory :: WishList

.: Do not harass me with requests via PM, you will only get ignored :.
.: Don't post my objects or objects derived from them on paysites or the exchange! :.
Scholar
#3 Old 23rd May 2006 at 4:30 PM
the only program that can convert max files are 3d max and deep exploration. neither are free.
Forum Resident
#4 Old 23rd May 2006 at 4:35 PM
I cannot agree here. There are some more, but true is that none of them is free.

happy simming,
Xanathon

.: Don't post my objects or objects derived from them on paysites or the exchange! :.
Scholar
#5 Old 24th May 2006 at 9:28 AM
i don't think there is discreet or whoever they are now are very particular about not having programs available that can convert max into other formats. they want their format mainly only used in max even in deep exploration you still need max installed for it to convert properly.
Field Researcher
#6 Old 7th Jun 2006 at 11:07 PM
Lucky, if you PM me the link to the model I can convert it to an .obj for you.

www.parsimonious.org
Artists - Get your own Studio! Always be featured!
Lab Assistant
#7 Old 10th Jun 2006 at 6:07 PM
Milkshape imports .3ds files. Milkshape is only free for 30 days and then it's 25 dollars to register.
Forum Resident
#8 Old 10th Jun 2006 at 6:29 PM
Yeah, .3ds is never a problem, since it's widely supported (even by blender or anim8or for example). But I already wrote that...

happy simming,
Xanathon