Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
#551 Old 25th Jul 2018 at 8:27 PM
Default Compton Random Legacy Challenge
I've tried this challenge once before- I think I got to Gen 3 before I lost all my roll data and had to start over.

Though I've had this family since last April, after a lengthy hiatus I finally hit Gen 4! I'll also be using Stormy Gamez's rolls from Gen 5 out, as I already rolled parameters for Gen 4 before I found out about her site.

ROLLS:

GEN 1 | Heir- Monique Compton, Spouse- Amir Compton, Children- Lex (adopted), Kian, Landen (adopted), Amara

A: Couple
B: 4 children
C: Secret Agent (Diamond Agent) (the only normal career I've had this entire time. should've enjoyed it while it lasted hahaha)
D: Career Hopper. I rolled Scientist, Critic- Food Critic, Tech Guru- Start-up Entrepeneur, Tech Guru- eSport Gamer, and Business- Investor
E: Dependable
F: Hands Off! (this suuuuuuuuuucked) (especially with 4 kids)

GEN 2 | Heir- Kian Compton, Spouse- Briana Bheeda, Children- Rez, Lucille (adopted), Jazlyn (adopted), Kristin

A: Mixed Couple
B: 4 children (again??)
C: Scientist (he maxed out on this one too, we went to sixam and everything! it was pretty rad ngl)
D: Career Hopper. (yes, again) I rolled Scientist, Critic- Art Critic, Writer- Author, Athlete- Pro Athlete, and Painter- Master Of The Real
E: Themed Display (for this one I had him do a "People, Places, and Elements" theme. he took a ton of pics until they were perfect and I had him collect MySims figurines, as well as ore element samples from work. I'll have to see if I can find a pic of the end result)
F: Health Nut (this one wasn't as bad as I thought it would be, but at least it made the question "what do you want for dinner" a hell of a lot easier hahaha)

GEN 3 | Heir- Kristin Compton, Children- Alexandria (adopted), Ulises, Cats- Pickles, Patches (Cat Offspring- Taco, Bella)

A: Mixed Single
B: 2 children (a reprieve! whew)
C: Retail Owner (uggghhhhh. my least favorite career. I had her selling baked goods from a basic counter that never gave me any real profit. it blew so hard. the last time I did this challenge, I at least had a spouse living with me so I could make ends meet, but in a single? ridiculous)
D: N/A
E: Best Club Ever (here's how I was able to have this generation survive. the club's name was "Every Villain Is Limes". I got them a lil hangout in windenburg and all the perks and whatnot. I'd have them go to the hangout at least once a week, but they spent a lot of time at my house, which happened to have about 7 or 8 easels. made my activities include painting, cooking, cleaning, and fixing things. max creative vibe, max focused vibe. extra skill gains in cooking, baking, and painting. chores were always done, we never spent money on food, and I could sell the paintings for a profit- all while my fearless leader sat back on her lazy trait ass and watched TV. iconic.)
F: Half-Siblings (i rolled mixed anyways, so this was ridiculously easy to accomplish)

GEN 4 | Heir- Ulises Compton, Spouse- Araceli Newby

A: Couple
B: 1 child
C: Restauranteur
D: Freelance Painter
E: Idle Careers (nooooooooooooooo nope nope nope I am not a fan of this sam I am)
F: Vacationer (now that the jungle expansion's out I'm SUPER stoked for this! though I don't think my sims' bank account is on the same page haha)
Advertisement
Test Subject
#552 Old 25th Jul 2018 at 10:49 PM Last edited by SalemSvartulv : 26th Jul 2018 at 2:17 AM.
Naturina, yeah, it really is pretty great xD I like playing with it when I'm bored and just make the family stories on my mind xD like that criminal boss who aparently is a Do-gooder xD

faulflix, welcome! I hope you have a good time with this challenge, and yeah, that gen 1 doesn't look easy xD but at least the older kids will be able to help with the house, that always saves me a little stress on the 100 babies challenge xD

DiAllliStar, wow, it seems you`re not having it easy, really retail owner can be pretty hard, specially on early gens xD I actually rolled that one for my spouse on gen 1 and really...it wasn't great so he ended up as a stay-home dad xD at least he helped a lot with the kids ...I hope things go well with your gen 4! at least freelance painters get a lot of money, and even with idle careers should be ok with the Painter extraordinary aspitation

And on a small update with my family, I finally had time to play a little more and Bruno grew up to toddler, he's adorable! I wasn't expecting the brigth red hair and I definitely don't complain about it xD Also, Anthony's "girlfriend" is now pregnant having the second kid needed for the roll...and the third we didn't need, she's having twin boys xD (checked with MCCC) the thing is, since both of Anthony's parents completed the Bodybouilder aspiration they're not gonna die soon, and with the helpers + the surprise baby they had who just turned adolescent...I only have room for one baby on the family xDD I'm not sure what to do, it would feel weird to let one of the twins with their mother and just taking the other one xD too much Parent trap for me (?

Anyway, since Bruno is a toddler I rolled for his parameters to know which traits give him and all that, so he got...
- Couple
- 2 children (and I really hope having just 2 this time, no surprises!)
- Convencional career - Detective
- Unconvencional career - Freelance musician
. Haunted House
. Mischief managed

this sounds really interesting actually Haunted house was one of the roles I was most excited to try since I don't play a lot with ghost, and it's been a while since I played with the musical aspiration! also, it sounds like Bruno's gonna be a 'bad cop' and I'm loving that idea xD
Lab Assistant
#553 Old 3rd Aug 2018 at 3:47 PM
@everyone I updated the rolls. I'm sorry that I've been so bad about adding Seasons stuff to it. With the whole divorce, I've just been kinda scattered and keep forgetting. I also didn't realize that I won't get pinged when someone mentions me on this thread. Again, messaging me here or on Twitter (StormyDayzGamez) or just commenting on the blog pages like some people have been doing is a lot easier if you have a suggestion. I also added something regarding scouts that someone suggested. Thanks all!

@BigMud Thanks for the suggestion. I added it to misc fun with credit to you.

@Salemsvartulv As far as I know, there aren't any rolls that force the family to continue a goal through the entire legacy. One of the things I've always liked about this challenge is the fact that once we've completed the generational goal or started the next generation it's over. I can add creating a legacy-long holiday as a suggestion to the regular rules page but it feels too overbearing to add it to rolls. Also, if a person was interested in doing such they might go through their entire legacy without ever rolling that even if they really want it. Thanks for the suggestion, I think it's been a long time since anything's been added to the rules and not the rolls!

Sims Blog: Stormy Dayz Gamez
Test Subject
#554 Old 8th Aug 2018 at 12:52 AM
So here are my rules:
Single with 2 helpers

3 children

Mixologist

Memorialized

Weekly diner

So do i start with 0 funds? Do I have to get married or can I just adopt all 3 kids?
Test Subject
#555 Old 8th Aug 2018 at 5:57 AM
Quote: Originally posted by lazyunicorn
So here are my rules:
Single with 2 helpers

3 children

Mixologist

Memorialized

Weekly diner

So do i start with 0 funds? Do I have to get married or can I just adopt all 3 kids?

You start with the starting funds from the game. Good times!

Do NOT get married. You can adopt any or all three of the kids. You can Try for Baby, even with the same partner for all three, but the partner can NOT marry you, and they can not move in. (They have a tendency to invite themselves over to your place and try to help out, but this should be discouraged). I'm pretty sure you can roll for secondary careers for your two helpers - that should help with the income situation.
Test Subject
#556 Old 28th Aug 2018 at 5:40 PM Last edited by foxxtastic : 29th Aug 2018 at 12:31 AM.
So after failing my first attempt at this challenge (and miserably I might add), I re-rolled and am having another go at it.

Gen 1 Parameters:
- Mixed couple
- 4 children
- Detective
- Astronaut (Smuggler)
- Idle Careers (I'm not looking forward to this one, tbh...)
- Random!

I've also decided to start on an empty lot and build my house from there. Because starting in a pre-built lot the first time around really messed me up and was not helpful in the least! I'll post an update once I've gotten further along into the challenge. C:
Lab Assistant
#557 Old 29th Aug 2018 at 4:52 PM
Quote: Originally posted by foxxtastic
So after failing my first attempt at this challenge (and miserably I might add), I re-rolled and am having another go at it.

Gen 1 Parameters:
- Mixed couple
- 4 children
- Detective
- Astronaut (Smuggler)
- Idle Careers (I'm not looking forward to this one, tbh...)
- Random!

I've also decided to start on an empty lot and build my house from there. Because starting in a pre-built lot the first time around really messed me up and was not helpful in the least! I'll post an update once I've gotten further along into the challenge. C:

Yikes idle careers for the first gen? Good luck with that! The first time I did this legacy I used a pre-built house. The second time I basically built the shell of the house and slowly added things as they got the money for them. That made it sooo much easier. Especially since my helper could only play guitar for tips. Detective should be fun and will give you a break from the 4 kids!

Lab Assistant
#558 Old 29th Aug 2018 at 5:13 PM Last edited by StormyDayzGamez : 30th Aug 2018 at 11:44 PM.
I'm excited to say that I'm finally picking back up where I left off on my legacy! I'm technically in gen 3 but you know how it is with this challenge... I'm already starting gen 4.

Edited to remove the previous comment since I found a solution but I'd still like to know if anyone has noticed any rolls that could use a rework or better explanation.

I was also wondering what you think about increasing household size for a pet? I realized that my sims have a cat and there won't be room for them to keep her with the rolls for the next generation! Single+3 helpers+2 kids... and the helpers and heir from gen 3 will just be aging to elder! So I thought I might use MCCC to make a slot for the cat and then once the elders pass on I can bump it back down to eight? In both Sims 2 and 3 there were separate slots for pets. When I made the rule that you can have a pet if you have the room it didn't occur to me that you might not have room in the next gen!

And lastly, I had an idea for a generational roll that might be fun. I've been playing a lot of Sims 3 lately and I love the festivals. What if the goal was to have a lot (or lots) with the different seasonal activities that the family has to visit? The problem is, since I've not played much with Seasons, I'm not sure what those activities could be. I thought maybe snowman building contests, snowball fights, mud fights, skating, swimming, playing in the sprinkler, building a neighborhood garden for spring... anyway if you think of something let me know. I don't want to add it until I have a fairly good list of suggestions for activities for their "festivals."

If you're bored and want to catch up to where I am... Random Legacy II :D

Test Subject
#559 Old 1st Sep 2018 at 6:33 PM
So this is my first time playing a challenge of any kind, particularly a legacy one and I am haunting the rules trying to make sure I'm not accidentally breaking any. Playing Sims 4 was boring and I kept restarting and playing the same careers and traits over and over again, so hopefully this helps bring some fun back.

First Generation
Mixed Single w/Help
3 Children
Heir - Unconventional Career - Freelance Author
Helper - Convenional Career - Entertainer (Comedian)
Gen Goal: Idle Careers
Fun: Perfect Attendance

Heir: Diana Sutherland (YA)
Helper: Fernanda Cochran (Elder)

I randomized the names a few time until I found some I liked. I already have one child -- Ainsley who is almost done her toddler stage. Idle Careers is a tough one -- Fernanda is stuck at the second level because she never has the whim to practice guitars and I didn't pick a musical aspiration. I did pick the Author aspiration for Diana so that's a bit easier since I'm allowed to fulfill her aspiration goals.
Test Subject
#560 Old 2nd Sep 2018 at 8:35 PM
Quote: Originally posted by StormyDayzGamez
Yikes idle careers for the first gen? Good luck with that! The first time I did this legacy I used a pre-built house. The second time I basically built the shell of the house and slowly added things as they got the money for them. That made it sooo much easier. Especially since my helper could only play guitar for tips. Detective should be fun and will give you a break from the 4 kids!

Ugh, yes. The main issue I've found with Idle Careers is that I can't actively participate in my heir's Detective career... So it's making it a bit difficult. I'm doing just enough to ensure she doesn't get fired. xD

As for the housing, that's what I've wound up doing - built a small house I can add onto as time goes on. It's made the game SO MUCH EASIER than using a pre-built home!
Test Subject
#561 Old 9th Sep 2018 at 4:01 PM Last edited by Sinility : 9th Sep 2018 at 4:12 PM. Reason: I just reread the rules
Default The Sims 4 Random Legacy Challenge
Hello Friends!

I am new to all challenges but I am excited to try something new. Here are my rolls

First Generation:
Marital Status - Single
Number of Children - 2
Primary Career - Unconventional Retail Owner
Secondary Career - Conventional Tech Guru
Generation Goal - Idle Careers
Fun - My Precious
Aspiration - Knowledge
Heir - Matriarchy / Foster / Random

Let me know if I am doing it correctly, lol! My plan is to create a female sim, she will have the knowledge aspiration aligned with the tech guru career and on the side she'll open up a bakery? (When/if funds become available?) For the children - i may adopt one and have one natural but that is undecided at this point. .. maybe ill roll to decide xD

I look forward to starting this and i appreciate any feed back

Edit: Actually, I just reread the rules - secondary career does not apply, so never mind! So no tech guru career or aspiration - that makes it a little easier, I think!
Lab Assistant
#562 Old 12th Sep 2018 at 6:07 PM
Wow! 3 of you in a row with idle careers? Yikes. I'm afraid to say that I've never had that one and jinx myself. Although, I've already rolled the next two generations.

My main issue now is money. I put them in a way too big house forgetting how difficult it is to get money in this challenge and am in the process of moving them to a smaller one now. It's so hard having a small house in this challenge since I almost always end up with a full house! I also decided to do the Jungle Adventurer aspiration on the side next gen but of course, since she didn't roll that as her career I can't sell one thing! My plan has been to make some sort of treasure room and delete the rest but I'm now worried about how much higher the bills will be with all of that stuff lying around!

The good thing is that I'll only have 2 kids this next generation. Although, there's 5 the gen after that.

Test Subject
#563 Old 6th Oct 2018 at 2:09 AM Last edited by kaesims : 6th Oct 2018 at 2:15 AM. Reason: I forgot to add in apart of my comment
I started this challenge a few days ago so nothing interesting has happened yet. Anyways, here are my rolls:

A) Marital Status: 1-25
17: Mixed Couple

B) Number of Children: 1-10
3-6: 2

C) Primary Career: 1-10
C1) Conventional Career: 1-29
9: Criminal(Boss) - May pickpocket sims.

D) Secondary Career: 1-10
D1) Conventional Career: 1-29
7: Secret Agent(Diamond Agent) - No additional money-making opportunities. (aha yes the Spouses are fighting against each other)

E) Generation Goals — 1-17
3: Perfect Children - All children born this generation must complete their childhood aspiration and receive an B grade in elementary school and an A grade in high school. They should also have a BFF made during childhood, and at least one boyfriend or girlfriend lasting at least 24 sim hours during their teen years. As toddlers, they must reach level 3 in all skills, including potty training, and raise at least one skill to level 5. (i'm going to struggle)

F) Miscellaneous Fun: 1-23
18: (GT) Clubber - Starting from childhood or the time they join the household, the heir and every spouse/helper must belong to a club, attending a meeting at least once a week. They do not have to belong to the same club, though they can if you want. If you choose to use a household club, please keep in mind the rules about how to avoid making clubs cheaty(#19 under the Rules), specifically the ones prohibiting having a constant club gathering running at all times. They must actually get together in a group and do a thing in order to have a club gathering, you can't just run a gathering while they're all sleeping or doing random tasks around the house. (this will be fun)
Lab Assistant
#564 Old 7th Oct 2018 at 9:04 PM
Quote: Originally posted by kaesims

C) Primary Career: 1-10
C1) Conventional Career: 1-29
9: Criminal(Boss) - May pickpocket sims.

D) Secondary Career: 1-10
D1) Conventional Career: 1-29
7: Secret Agent(Diamond Agent) - No additional money-making opportunities. (aha yes the Spouses are fighting against each other)

This mix of careers cracked me up! I'm currently doing the Clubber misc fun too. Actually, I have been since the kids aged to child in the previous generation.

Lab Assistant
#565 Old 21st Oct 2018 at 6:30 PM
I made a few changes/clarifications to the rolls . If you see anything else that might need changing please let me know. Most of this isn't brought to my attention until I'm playing through it myself. The biggest change is an additional roll to mid-life crisis for adding a new person to the household.

As to the new expansion pack coming out. I don't plan to get it until I can find it at least half off. It's not really my kind of thing. And so, updates to the rules beyond adding the fashion career from the free patch will take longer since I'll have to go by other people's reviews and playthroughs to see what might be added. So please, if you have a suggestion let me know.

Test Subject
#566 Old 22nd Oct 2018 at 5:45 PM Last edited by naturina : 1st Jun 2019 at 2:02 PM.
Hi! My husband has been so nice to update the Random Legacy roller page he made for me/us, so it's up to date with StormyDayzGamez rolls page. We've also added a small detail, the date of the last update of the page. So if you've seen that the rules has been updated, but the page not has been updated, just let me know, and I'll fix it! (or rather my husband!)

And in case you don't know where to find it:
http://www.simsrandom.com/
[Edit: Removed old url to avoid confusion]
Roll away!
Lab Assistant
#567 Old 17th Nov 2018 at 6:24 PM
Default Get Famous Updates
Alright, I've made enough changes to the rules and rolls to warrant a post here I think. I'm not saying they won't change again. I really am not very familiar with this pack. I did get some suggestions but even then had to research myself. I added one generational goal and one misc fun. There are 3 new unconventional careers including a Seasons suggestion. And only the Actor in the regular careers. Once I learn more about this pack I'll likely add more because I feel it has a lot to offer in random silliness. As always suggestions are appreciated.

I've added a new rule that you cannot sell gifts you earn as a celebrity. If I see that they aren't really worth anything or they don't get gifts often I'll remove the rule. This challenge is at least partly about the struggle and not getting rich in no time like a normal legacy. Feel free to use and display the gifts, hide them in household inventory, or use cheats to delete them/remove the money.

New Rolls

New Rules

Lab Assistant
#568 Old 17th Nov 2018 at 6:26 PM
Quote: Originally posted by naturina
Hi! My husband has been so nice to update the Random Legacy roller page he made for me/us, so it's up to date with StormyDayzGamez rolls page. We've also added a small detail, the date of the last update of the page. So if you've seen that the rules has been updated, but the page not has been updated, just let me know, and I'll fix it! (or rather my husband!)

And in case you don't know where to find it:
http://sims4randomlegacy.epizy.com/

Roll away!

Naturina, it seems that your husband is keeping up with the rolls so I will add them to the rolls page. I know a lot of people like using them and the TS3 version is so popular it's the first result when searching for that version of the rules. If he is unable to keep up with the roller can you please let me know so I can remove it? Is there a good way to contact you/him when I update things?

Test Subject
#569 Old 17th Nov 2018 at 8:32 PM Last edited by naturina : 1st Jun 2019 at 2:02 PM.
We're keeping up as good as we can! Sent you a pm with his mail!

We've just updated the roller page again, so it's up to date with Stormy's rules!

http://simsrandom.com/
[Edit: removed old URL to avoid confusion]
I'm very happy that the page has been useful! :D
Lab Assistant
#570 Old 19th Nov 2018 at 7:13 AM
Thanks for continuing to update this challenge! My "Crazed Fans" generation is going to have a celeb room - more like shrine - to keep all of their celeb memorabilia and selfies etc.

Call me Mud, if you like.
Scholar
#571 Old 1st Jan 2019 at 2:50 AM
Well, death of the old computer means a reboot on my Random Legacy family!

Generation 1 is: Chadwick Cloud
Marital Status - Couple
Children - 2
Primary Career - Career Hopper: Writer (Journalist), Tech Guru (eSport Gamer), Politician (Politician), Astronaut (Smuggler), Culinary (Mixologist)
Secondary Career - Professional Gamer
Generational Goal - Dependable
Miscellaneous Fun - My Precious
Lab Assistant
#572 Old 15th Jan 2019 at 2:17 AM
It looks like naturina's roller is no longer there, I just used it yesterday but today it's gone...is it going to come back?
Test Subject
#573 Old 15th Jan 2019 at 11:59 AM
Quote: Originally posted by mocajava
It looks like naturina's roller is no longer there, I just used it yesterday but today it's gone...is it going to come back?

Yeah... I went to get new rolls just now because my previous save got corrupted and I was gonna start fresh with a new random legacy... and I'm getting redirected to "suspended domain" or something? Hope everything's okay!

I'll just... roll with random.org today & write everything down XD
Test Subject
#574 Old 15th Jan 2019 at 12:23 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Shadalan
Yeah... I went to get new rolls just now because my previous save got corrupted and I was gonna start fresh with a new random legacy... and I'm getting redirected to "suspended domain" or something? Hope everything's okay!

I'll just... roll with random.org today & write everything down XD

Hi! I'm so sorry the page is down right now, but we are using a free server and got suspended for 24 hours without knowing why. It says it'll be up again in about 8 hours, so I hope everything works out. We're looking into options of a better server. I want it to go back up soon myself, I need to rooolll!
Lab Assistant
#575 Old 15th Jan 2019 at 10:49 PM
I'm sure this has been answered but I couldn't find it, if we get fired can we not join the career again? I took a risk in the name of fame and my boss canned me. It's going to be darn near impossible for me to complete this gen if that's the case.
Page 23 of 26