Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
e3 d3 Ne2 Nd2 Nb3 Ng3
retired moderator
#576 Old 25th Jan 2019 at 11:48 AM
Advertisement
Mad Poster
#577 Old 25th Jan 2019 at 12:21 PM
May I ask where you got that shelter and caravan? @simsample

Because the earth is standing still, and the truth becomes a lie
A choice profound is bittersweet, no one hears Cassandra Goth cry

e3 d3 Ne2 Nd2 Nb3 Ng3
retired moderator
#578 Old 25th Jan 2019 at 12:55 PM
@HarVee
The shelter is Limonaire 4to2:
https://limonaire.tumblr.com/post/1...s-72-pieces-the

The caravan is an easter egg from Criquette:
http://criquette-was-here.tumblr.com
It's linked in some of the documentation to his other downloads, just to make sure people were reading... If you can't find it, PM me and I'll link you, but I don't want to post the link here to spoil Criquette's fun!
Mad Poster
#579 Old 26th Jan 2019 at 9:41 PM Last edited by grammapat : 28th Jan 2019 at 7:29 AM.
Default Help?
And now a TERRIBLE picture! I added the "water" horizon to this island terrain, but from a lot view, it's awful. The piers are out of the water, and the water/land/ whatever are all messed together. WHAT'S happening?! OK, so this is actually looking at an inlet that divides the island. The horizon of water should be behind THAT bit of land, but it's trying to cover it up...

Actually, I'm looking for advice/help/ something...
Screenshots

Stand up, speak out. Just not to me..
Mad Poster
#580 Old 26th Jan 2019 at 10:17 PM Last edited by grammapat : 29th Jan 2019 at 7:44 PM.
Quote: Originally posted by HarVee
[CENTER]Hillsborrow was originally an aboreal downtown 'hood parodying Urbzville in 2015, but I've since changed it to be a parody of Easter Island... with creative liberties of course. It keeps its downtown persona however. The lore of the 'hood has changed from being the urban development project of the Rivas family of Paradiso de Manana, to now being a tropical urban seat for Landgraab Industries funded colonies.
These are the mo'ai statues outside of Hillsborrow:

So now I have to play Hillsborrow. I've only made 3 families, but they are breeding with the few townies around. So many community lots!
Made 3 more families (since no townies generate), lots of kids. One business; employee is pregnant - wonder if she will show up to work..

Stand up, speak out. Just not to me..
Mad Poster
#581 Old 9th Feb 2019 at 8:34 AM

Lab Assistant
#582 Old 9th Feb 2019 at 11:09 PM
This is Point Hope, a new 'hood for another BaCC, a small island near the mainland, I got inspired by the real life Fidalgo Island. Obviously, it's still empty lot-wise, as didn't started to play it yet.

Here's the 'hood's bio:

After a lifetime in the command of the luxurious ocean liner SS Applefield, Captain Ernest Swain used all the fortune he accumulated over the years to buy a small island on northwestern SimNation coast and, in the dawn of his life, fullfill his dream to created a small community holding the values of bonding and integration, which he believe were lost in the modern world. The creation of the township of Point Hope brought people from all over the country looking for new oportunities in an idyllic new land, but will these new people turn the Captain's dream in reality or make it remain an utopia? Will the Captain's son, Edward Swain, remain loyal to his father's values even after his inevitable demise?

Pictures under the spoiler tag:

Mad Poster
#583 Old 10th Feb 2019 at 4:39 AM
I'm loving Point Hope so far. You've made great use of those faults (cliffs?). I can imagine a small little Icelandic fishing village being there.

Lab Assistant
#584 Old 10th Feb 2019 at 2:47 PM Last edited by Rguerra : 12th Feb 2019 at 3:48 PM.
Quote: Originally posted by HarVee
I'm loving Point Hope so far. You've made great use of those faults (cliffs?). I can imagine a small little Icelandic fishing village being there.

Thanks, HarVee. The cliffs are from Greatcheesecakepersona, they are visible in lot view and have been godsend since I built the town's habitable part in an elevated terrain. I was thinking on building Greenland style houses ("boxy" with colorful sidings) in Point Hope, but Iceland is also a great source of inspiration.
e3 d3 Ne2 Nd2 Nb3 Ng3
retired moderator
#585 Old 16th Feb 2019 at 5:01 PM
Some sky near the beach, after the good witch has called.
Screenshots
Forum Resident
#586 Old 11th Mar 2019 at 7:51 PM
Are unfinished landscapes allowed?
Here's my hood Nurembruck, slowly coming along. It's starting to look very pretty and I love the middle island with the school on it, which was the first thing I finished :D

You can call me Diddy (or Eve, if you want to go by my real name) :)
My Simblr is simping-simmer. Come and join me there for a chat!
You can also find me on the MTS or PBK Discord servers under the name 'Evenfall'.
Want to know the latest news in Carregffynon? Click here!
Mad Poster
#587 Old 17th Mar 2019 at 6:36 PM Last edited by HarVee : 17th Mar 2019 at 9:53 PM.
At the edge of the world lies a town which holds the most twisted of fates. Tensions are tight among the populace as the ruling power of the one true SimGod is dissipating leading the world into a new age of darkness and chaos. The rest of the edges of SimEarth have sunk into the oceans leaving Gotterdammerung as the last edge and sole remaining place for the final showdown. Can this sleepy town survive the troubles of the new age? Can the Goth's rebuild their lost legacy in a town that isn't theirs? And can the Landgraab's get rich again without being able to grab land?

Inventor
#588 Old 17th Mar 2019 at 8:27 PM
This is my tiny hood with very few families living in it. Made it from 0. Obviously my favourite season is autumn, because it gets so colorful then.
Mad Poster
#589 Old 20th Mar 2019 at 2:45 AM
Pink skies and red dragons. A common site during the new age.

e3 d3 Ne2 Nd2 Nb3 Ng3
retired moderator
#590 Old 20th Mar 2019 at 11:41 PM
I like the trees in autumn!

Screenshots
Mad Poster
#591 Old 21st Mar 2019 at 10:01 AM
I love the Makin' Magic blimp!
Mad Poster
#592 Old 21st Mar 2019 at 6:44 PM
What I'm curious to know is did you create all those lots yourself? That's a lot of lots! @simsample

Edit: Also, why does everybody live on the top left but no one lives on the bottom right? Is that a commerce district?

e3 d3 Ne2 Nd2 Nb3 Ng3
retired moderator
#593 Old 21st Mar 2019 at 7:30 PM Last edited by simsample : 21st Mar 2019 at 7:55 PM.
Thanks @RoxEllen1965 I got the link from someone (maybe you? I get a lot of links from you ) talking about default replacements on Modthesims, so if anyone else wants it, it's here on Plumbob Keep. :lovestruc

@HarVee Yes, I built all of these lots myself, this town is a remake of an old neighbourhood I played around ten years ago, that I started about three years ago. The bit with no inhabitants is indeed a commerce district, there are clubs, bowling, department stores, motels... the original version of this town had a downtown attached, but this time I rebuilt the downtown lots in the main hood as there was so much unused space. It's changing each time I play (lots of new lots, and also some terrain surgery). I have added a vacation world and Uni recently too.

Edited to add some pictures:
Screenshots
Mad Poster
#594 Old 21st Mar 2019 at 8:52 PM
Thanks for the links to the default balloons. That dark coloured one will go great in Gotterdammerung.

Fun fact, Gotterdammerung is the first time I've done a Tudor and Victorian themed neighborhood based on mythology. So Victorian things, especially decor, are what I'm looking to add more of in my game. I got a bit bored of my Egyptian 'hood and I needed a break from that theme for awhile.

Another useless fun fact, the lot addresses in Gotterdammerung go in intervals of three. Starting with address number 7 for the Goth Manor. If you're into mythology and numerology, you'll know the significance and why I chose 7 for the Goths and +3.

Edit: Love the pics of the commerce centre.

Mad Poster
#595 Old 24th Mar 2019 at 9:40 PM
The road looks shorter than it actually is.

e3 d3 Ne2 Nd2 Nb3 Ng3
retired moderator
#596 Old 27th Mar 2019 at 9:22 PM
It's raining, as usual.
Screenshots
Lab Assistant
#597 Old 29th Mar 2019 at 5:16 PM
I tried to capture all the playable lots, I spread them across the whole fricking map. But now they are so tiny I bet you can't see crap.

Screenshots
Mad Poster
#598 Old 29th Mar 2019 at 9:10 PM Last edited by HarVee : 29th Mar 2019 at 9:46 PM.
More of Gotterdammerung so far. I've been thinking about getting rid of the railroad because the line is incomplete and also demolishing the Tudor section of town and just switching to a Victorian only town. I'm having a lot of fun with the Victorian houses on Yggdrasil (Main) street.

Forum Resident
#599 Old 29th Mar 2019 at 9:35 PM
all of these are beautiful, How do you people have the patience for it? I can barely get through house building. The One thing I like about sims 3 was the blueprint tool
e3 d3 Ne2 Nd2 Nb3 Ng3
retired moderator
#600 Old 30th Mar 2019 at 6:14 PM
Hey, the rain stopped!

Screenshots
Page 24 of 35