Welcome to
Mod The Sims
Online: 1040
News:
Have an account? Sign in:
pass:
If you don't have an account, why not sign up now? It's free!
Other sites: SimsWiki
Reply  Replies: 1516 (Who?), Viewed: 73054 times.
Search this Thread
Old 7th Dec 2017, 8:40 AM #1501
kamoodle5
Forum Resident

5 Achievements

Today I felt a tad better but not much. Ever since I got turned down for a great job offer the other day, I've been rather depressed. Playing my usual games haven't helped lift me from the mental pain I'm suffering at the moment, although I had a really good laugh last night.

Check out my profile for homes and community lots ready for download: My Homes and Stuff
Old 7th Dec 2017, 2:48 PM #1502
smorbie1
Mad Poster

1 Achievements

Nervous. Off to surgery.

"Death cannot stop true love; all it can do is delay it for awhile."
Old 7th Dec 2017, 3:01 PM #1503
simsample
Be like the 22nd elephant with heated value in space- Bark!

19 Achievements

View My Journal

Hugs to you @smorbie1
xx
Old 7th Dec 2017, 6:14 PM #1504
Gargoyle Cat
Top Secret Researcher

1 Achievements

Quote:
Originally Posted by smorbie1
Nervous. Off to surgery.

I'm hoping that it isn't anything serious. Thinking of you.

I'm sick and tired of being sick and tired. If I catch creeping crud from The Boy or hubby one more time that lands in the doctors office, either I or they are going to start wearing hazmat suits. This will be the second or third time in the past 5 months.

Simblr <--- No drama, just pics.
There's no rest for the wicked
Old 7th Dec 2017, 7:01 PM #1505
kamoodle5
Forum Resident

5 Achievements

And I figured the disagree troll would put a disagree on my latest post. I was a little nervous making a post here at all because of it. Really, pal, if there's something you don't agree with my depression, please explain.

Check out my profile for homes and community lots ready for download: My Homes and Stuff
Old 7th Dec 2017, 7:40 PM #1506
simsample
Be like the 22nd elephant with heated value in space- Bark!

19 Achievements

View My Journal

Quote:
Originally Posted by kamoodle5
And I figured the disagree troll would put a disagree on my latest post.

Ah, just ignore them- they just like to annoy people, so it's best if you don't give them what they want.
Old 7th Dec 2017, 7:48 PM #1507
PANDAQUEEN
Theorist

Cleaned the adhesive off a jar with thick paper towel and vegetable oil.

Rearranged my Nintendo Gaming Consoles. (I have received recently a N64 and Pokémon Stadium and they work perfectly.) I lined them up like a family photo and took a photo and shared it with my strange family. We're not harmful, just walking off the beaten path.

Either way, I have to admit that I got rug burns on hardwood flooring and that not easy when there aren't any carpeted areas.

http://richinc.boards.net <--- My forum. Currently has a general talk board and a cooking board. Check back for more boards... please don't hurt me.
Old 8th Dec 2017, 12:54 AM #1508
Sterling_Archer
Mad Poster

16 Achievements

View My Journal

Apparently, according to the optometrist, I have to get glasses. My eyes lose focus easily when I am looking at a computer screen or reading food dockets at work.
Well, there goes another $200

Make it idiot proof and someone will make a better idiot.
Steam ID: PadukSteam
Old 8th Dec 2017, 1:36 AM #1509
PANDAQUEEN
Theorist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sterling_Archer
Apparently, according to the optometrist, I have to get glasses. My eyes lose focus easily when I am looking at a computer screen or reading food dockets at work.
Well, there goes another $200

That reminds me. I still need a vision referral. Thanks, Sterling_Archer.

http://richinc.boards.net <--- My forum. Currently has a general talk board and a cooking board. Check back for more boards... please don't hurt me.
Old 8th Dec 2017, 8:42 AM #1510
frogz2007
Scholar

1 Achievements

Still up.. lol. I need to find stuff to do at night aside from listen to music. Gonna give up on that remix / remake thing I mentioned on the previous page... ugh. I'll forget about that idea..
Last edited by frogz2007 : 8th Dec 2017 at 8:58 AM.
Old 8th Dec 2017, 6:35 PM #1511
PANDAQUEEN
Theorist

Today, went grocery shopping and after my mother leaves for her shift at the warehouse, I have to tell the doctor I have bum eyes, teeth, thyroid, metabolic function and eustachian tubes and ask what can be treated or cured.

Either way, it's not as fun to be me. I may have cool gadgets, good taste in animation and comedy and dream for a nice guy who can keep up with my high speed life, in reality...

... I am a professional patient and just a normal human otherwise. I know my brain is powerful, but sometimes it's too powerful for most people. I worry I'd be too smart for the guys I fawn over, even if they are nerds and geeks.

UPDATE: got the referral for both dental and vision. I now need to exercise because the only other option beyond metformin is an injection-only medicine and although drawing blood is easy, injections were my weak point and I have notoriously bad aim in terms of precision. I got an order at LabCorp to test for Hashimoto's Thyroiditis and see if that is the underlying cause of my hypothyroidism.

Right now I have barely $4 in my bank account, I have saved $8.50 in cash in a protein powder jar, I am unwinding from a rather draining doctor appointment. I don't know how it happened, but I was explaining in rather comedic form just the intensity of my being when it came to my health, which is no laughing matter.

Either way, the only problem I had was clogged eustachian tubes. That's fixable.

Otherwise, a typical Friday when I have an appointment.

Last edited by PANDAQUEEN : 8th Dec 2017 at 8:46 PM.
Old 8th Dec 2017, 6:42 PM #1512
smorbie1
Mad Poster

1 Achievements

Back from surgery and doing fine. Just to clarify cause I've had some concerned p.m.s that are so sweet. This wasn't a scary, we found something we need to look at surgery. This was actually the final surgery for my breast cancer. It was breast reconstruction. So, that's it. I'm done. No more chemo or radiation or surgery. And they promise me the follow up will soon go to twice a year for my oncologist, once a year for my radiation oncologist, and never for the plastic surgeon, with a once-yearly pet scan and, of course, monthly port flushes.

I just really dreaded this surgery for some reason. I guess because I'd had breast surgery last year and remembered how bad it is, or maybe cause I'm just tired of being cut on.

But, I'm fine. Thanks to all for your prayers. It feels good to be cared about.

"Death cannot stop true love; all it can do is delay it for awhile."
Old 8th Dec 2017, 9:07 PM #1513
PANDAQUEEN
Theorist

Quote:
Back from surgery and doing fine. Just to clarify cause I've had some concerned p.m.s that are so sweet. This wasn't a scary, we found something we need to look at surgery. This was actually the final surgery for my breast cancer. It was breast reconstruction. So, that's it. I'm done. No more chemo or radiation or surgery. And they promise me the follow up will soon go to twice a year for my oncologist, once a year for my radiation oncologist, and never for the plastic surgeon, with a once-yearly pet scan and, of course, monthly port flushes.

I just really dreaded this surgery for some reason. I guess because I'd had breast surgery last year and remembered how bad it is, or maybe cause I'm just tired of being cut on.

I don't think any sane person would want to be carved like a edible animal and then stitched back together, paying exorbitant amount of money for being essentially voluntarily mugged.

But going over options of medicine wasn't so much a treat as it was a bitter pill to swallow. Either way... I feel you. I had about 5 surgeries over the course of my life and losing wisdom teeth, a softball sized cyst, gallbladder and gallstones and a huge session of root canals in one sitting wasn't what to expect during adolescence and young adulthood.

Old 8th Dec 2017, 11:26 PM #1514
Gargoyle Cat
Top Secret Researcher

1 Achievements

Quote:

Glad you're back. I hope you have speedy recovery.

Old 9th Dec 2017, 2:34 AM #1515
Gargoyle Cat
Top Secret Researcher

1 Achievements

It has been day of doing nothing. I've had a stupid fever that only appears at night ( I've been alternating between Advil and Tylenol during the day) so sleep impossible. I go to bed freezing, a hour later I'm soaked from sweating. Wash, rinse, repeat all night long. I went to the doctors and we discussed my options. They started with recommending that I go to the hospital for a chest x-ray due to noise coming from my right lung. I'm not doing that unless I have to. I was at the hospital a month ago and it was disgusting. The place was filthy, stunk like urine-soaked bedding that had been sitting around all day, ect... Granted they don't do x-rays in the ER, but still. Despite being there for less than 10-minutes with no treatment whatsoever, I had to pay out over $300.00.

For now I'm on meds, but I really think the problem stems back to November. Hospital insisted that I had the flu, I think it was pneumonia. Anybody that has had it knows what it is like to choke up water which is completely different from general chest congestion from a cold or flu. I digress.

For those on Patreon or support people on Patreon, there are fees coming to the supporter side of things. Just a FYI. I stumbled across this while following a link trail. I need to go to bed.

Patreon is going to start charging patrons a processing fee beginning on December 18th. It will be 2% + 0.35 cents on your pledge.

Old Yesterday, 12:25 AM #1516
PANDAQUEEN
Theorist

Had spent my day playing with my sims and I recently moved the Sailor Guardians (under the household name Silver Millennials) next door and now that the Imahara sextuplets are now children, I plan to move in a neighborhood kid next door, a little girl around their age.

I also spent time looking out the window at the snow. My father is shoveling snow out of the way and it's because it will freeze overnight.

It was another day of my mother decorating before next week's holiday party.

Currently thinking of making my own capsule for my supplements. I take fiber because most of my internal ecosystem has been having trouble with my business end (i.e. destroyed by my medicine and diet) and I was planning on making fiber pills that actually have a flavor that I can stand while taking it. I have consulted different sites and they suggest either milk powder or rice powder as the filler and inactive ingredient within.

I have some math to do of the active\inactive inactive ingredient measurements, I have the capsules picked out and a filling tray in mind.

I guess I want to be back to normal.

Last edited by PANDAQUEEN : Yesterday at 6:22 AM.
Old Yesterday, 1:49 PM #1517
Gargoyle Cat
Top Secret Researcher

1 Achievements

My day started at 4:30 AM reading the following email. Below is a partial quote from Amazon regarding Prime Member Updates.

Quote:
SHOPPING New benefits Prime Reload: Get 2% rewards every time you reload your Amazon.com Gift Card Balance with your checking account. No fees or interest. Your Gift Card Balance never expires.

Not funny, Amazon. Seriously? 2% back if I give you my checking account number? That doesn't even cover sales tax.

I use gift cards so they are not linked to any of my accounts and by the way, I don't pay fees or interest. I pay for the gift cards in full so I don't have pay interest on a credit card. Just stop already.

Section jump: