Welcome to
Mod The Sims
Online: 1428
News:
Have an account? Sign in:
pass:
If you don't have an account, why not sign up now? It's free!
Other sites: SimsWiki
Reply  Replies: 112 (Who?), Viewed: 41596 times.
Search this Thread
Old 12th Jul 2016, 5:37 PM #101
pikeman101
Instructor

Watch this video and tell me it's not racism toward white people:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MKgoGNAvmrk

You can have a version with witty commentary, too:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=deB2v-OCwHw
Old 13th Jul 2016, 1:42 AM #102
HarVee
Banned

5 Achievements

Define "white"? What is "white" person? Someone with light-skin? Making assumption that someone with lighter-coloured skin is "white" (meaning to be of Europid ancestry) in its self is racist. So answer is obvious to something that doesn't even need debate - yes "white" people can experience racism. If you have race, you can experience racism.
Old 13th Jul 2016, 4:27 AM #103
Viktor86
Theorist

5 Achievements

White in this context is mostly referred to the Caucasian race and more precisely the native European groups (Germanic*/Scandinavian & Slavic) and their descendants around the world (f.e. the USA, Canada, Australia and New Zealand), but this is pretty broad. There are only much differences between Germanic (roughly Western Europe), Slavic (roughly Eastern Europe & South East) amongst others.

And yes, the only point of debate is if it's likely to happen, not if it's possible at all.

*Another term is Aryan, but using that term is de facto not done here since WWII, because it's polluted thanks the regime of Adolf Hitler and his search for the ''Aryan'' race. Do not try this while being in Europe. Must say, I'm really not comfortable using the term race in this context, probably due to the same events and my Dutch-German background. I prefer ethnic groups over race, but I rather talk about people and not about ethnic groups. For me, a race is a sports event over a certain course within a certain time.

The gorgeous Tina (TS3) and here loving family available for download here.
Old 2nd Aug 2016, 7:37 PM #104
Lawli-Lawli
Lab Assistant

Quote:
Originally Posted by quesadildos
White people definitely used to be quite racism and sexist (white men, typically), but now in 2014, we've definitely come a lot farther than a time when women and coloured people couldn't even vote.

Indeed. It's nice to be able to vote now, but the US has a looong way to before we can start celebrating. (Of course I know this was asked 2 yrs ago but sadly the social issues then are same ones we face now).

Quote:
I've definitely heard the offhand white girl joke, which most people think it okay, because, well they're just white people, right? You've probably be yelled at if it was an asian joke, ect. White people (specifically white men) aren't typically oppressed in anyway, but can racism still happen to them? I have heard some people say things like "White people are so rude," and "White people are all so stupid" which definitely doesn't apply to a whole race. Watch this video, it's rather informative, watch it before you comment (this is what I agree with completely): https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ATigGdnF3Uk What do you think?

To answer your question, hell yes! I have heard and seen many instances where Caucasians were the shit end of a nasty joke, but when the tables are turned, there is an uproar/march/protest. Every person on the face of this earth can be a racist or can make a racist comment. This isn't an exclusive thing by no means.

I look forward to the day when we can rationally talk about social issues and get through them without Caucasian people crying "oppression" and people of color don't take this as an opportunity blame today's Caucasians for something they don't understand and didn't create (though knowingly/unknowingly perpetuate). This is a perfect opportunity to educate each other and hear each other out rather than point and bitch.

Been downloading like crazy...so many great creators here! Neglecting forums...will be back soon...ish.
Old 2nd Aug 2016, 9:36 PM #105
deadhead_kay
Lab Assistant

Every race can experience racism. But whites have never, and most likely will never, experience institutional racism. And that is by far much worse than any joke about a white trash cracker.
Old 4th Sep 2016, 5:49 PM #106
Averex
Instructor

5 Achievements

Of course white people can experience racism. It happens from BuzzFeed (aka the cancer of the Internet) all the time.

Just watch this video and try to tell me that it's not racist: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BZFY0dqC0Ks
Old 4th Sep 2016, 6:24 PM #107
Averex
Instructor

5 Achievements

Quote:
Originally Posted by SerenaOhSerena
You do not experience racism. And it's likely you never will. Same goes for all white people.

Why do people think like this?

Anybody can experience racism.

The whole bullshit SJW definition of racism that you need to be privileged and have power to be racist is NOT TRUE. The dictionary definition is what is true. Black people can be racist and white people can experience racism as long as somebody of a different race thinks their race is superior.

And by the way, "You don't experience racism and never will" is an extremely condescending thing to say to someone that you know little to nothing about.
Old 5th Sep 2016, 4:23 AM #108
Viktor86
Theorist

5 Achievements

'Saying racism doesn't exist for 'all white people''

The irony is big in that one looking at those last three words of that quote from Serena. But hey, we can't complain, because we're white and thus can't face racism. But, doesn't the usage of that term sound very racist to you? Oh no, it isn't. Unless there's ''all black people'', than we're in trouble.

Besides it doesn't make sense, it isn't true. The anchestors of the latino's, many of them discriminated in the USA, are for a large part from Southern Europe, a group counted as part from the ''white'' race mentioned in #103. Oh wait, aren't there the white people from and a lot of Latino's, don't they look pretty light/white to you? Hmm, a lot of native Western European hate and discriminate the Slavic Eastern Europeans, considering them another race though the Eastern Europeans seem pretty white to me. And hey, doesn't that fellow from Zimbabwe, Robert Mugabe, everything in favour of his fellow black people over their own white people?

Old 5th Sep 2016, 6:46 PM #109
Averex
Instructor

5 Achievements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Viktor86
'Saying racism doesn't exist for 'all white people''

The irony is big in that one looking at those last three words of that quote from Serena. But hey, we can't complain, because we're white and thus can't face racism. But, doesn't the usage of that term sound very racist to you? Oh no, it isn't. Unless there's ''all black people'', than we're in trouble.

Besides it doesn't make sense, it isn't true. The anchestors of the latino's, many of them discriminated in the USA, are for a large part from Southern Europe, a group counted as part from the ''white'' race mentioned in #103. Oh wait, aren't there the white people from and a lot of Latino's, don't they look pretty light/white to you? Hmm, a lot of native Western European hate and discriminate the Slavic Eastern Europeans, considering them another race though the Eastern Europeans seem pretty white to me. And hey, doesn't that fellow from Zimbabwe, Robert Mugabe, everything in favour of his fellow black people over their own white people?

Can't forget the way the Irish were treated by the British in the 16th/17th centuries and how they were treated when they immigrated to the U.S. in the 19th century.

Minority races act like they're the only ones who have problems...
Old 6th Sep 2016, 1:08 AM #110
Viktor86
Theorist

5 Achievements

And in some cases extremely sensitive. Even when you just disagree on their opinion (based on normal arguments) or when they say a false fact (f.e. 1+1=3) and you denying that, its racism. Or they can call a white person the most extreme insults (even racist one), it's all fine, but when you say anything negative about/against them, not necessarily an insult (f.e. normal criticism), it's racist. Serious, some people need to go to school to learn some differences between real racism and other things and act less hypocrite.

Old 29th Jan 2017, 9:10 PM #111
ShanghaiShark
Test Subject

Everybody can be rassist and everybody can be a victim of racism. That doesn't depend on the skin colour. To say anything else does a disservice to people who really are suffering from racism.
Old 10th Oct 2017, 1:12 AM #112
ikabarrplaysims
Test Subject

What's this question? Of course, everyone can experience racism. It's a mean thing to do, and usually everyone has/is going to go through it. Sorry, it's a sick world.
Old 14th Oct 2017, 9:27 PM #113
SneakyWingPhoenix
Scholar

^ Exactly the start I wanted to begin with. Why is even a question?

Section jump: