Welcome to
Mod The Sims
Online: 1438
News:
Have an account? Sign in:
pass:
If you don't have an account, why not sign up now? It's free!
Other sites: SimsWiki
Reply  Replies: 11274 (Who?), Viewed: 243618 times.
Search this Thread
Old Yesterday, 9:40 PM #11251
simsample
Be like the 22nd elephant with heated value in space- Bark!

19 Achievements

View My Journal

You don't need the SC4 terrain to have the neighbourhood working; that is only needed if you want to use the terrain to make a new neighbourhood from scratch.

I just downloaded that neighbourhood and put the N555 folder in my Neighborhoods folder, and it shows up just fine. I have all EPs and SPs but not the Store Edition, so this is not an issue with that.

Can you show an image of the N555 folder inside your Neighborhoods folder? You have UC, correct?
Old Yesterday, 10:26 PM #11252
joandsarah77
Needs Coffee

21 Achievements

View My Journal

Quote:
Originally Posted by AndrewGloria
@joandsarah77 I'm a bit late in answering this, and you may already have moved on (this thread moves at a tremendous rate!), but you do know that Tarlia has versions of Downtown, with and without the Downtownies? I have a feeling that you still get the Grand Vampires, Mr. Big, the Diva and the Slobs, no matter which version you choose.

I have heard of those now that you mention it Andrew. I have already downloaded and started tweaking Emerald heights so I will probably stick with that. I have added some row houses and would like to find those lit up hood deco skyscrapers that I have heard off-although I better not add them to my game until I get this upgrade. It crashed again when I was adding some alleyways. Oh I don't mind them, it's been 3 years since I've seen any of those.

No, she doesn't need the terrain but that doesn't explain why the hood isn't showing if she placed it in the neighbourhood folder, it should be.

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~
Old Yesterday, 10:34 PM #11253
mdsb759
Top Secret Researcher

SimPE's object workshop.
only safe objects to clone/recolor would be ones from currently installed packs?
and normal to see objects from "in-between" packs? currently have expansions 1,2,4,5.
Old Yesterday, 10:39 PM #11254
joandsarah77
Needs Coffee

21 Achievements

View My Journal

You see objects from packs you have yet to install? No idea, but I would leave them alone.

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~
Old Yesterday, 11:29 PM #11255
Alpal425
Forum Resident

5 Achievements

Quote:
Originally Posted by simsample
You don't need the SC4 terrain to have the neighbourhood working; that is only needed if you want to use the terrain to make a new neighbourhood from scratch.

I just downloaded that neighbourhood and put the N555 folder in my Neighborhoods folder, and it shows up just fine. I have all EPs and SPs but not the Store Edition, so this is not an issue with that.

Can you show an image of the N555 folder inside your Neighborhoods folder? You have UC, correct?

Yes, I have Ultimate Collection... I don't have any giant mods or anything, only minor fixes, some Simlogical automatic stuff, SEP from Numenor, and the Essential Mods list. The Mods folder is literally only 7.63MB, most of my CC is Clothing, so I don't think it'd be any conflicts.

I don't want to post so many images because it'd be hell to scroll through on this forum, so I just made a post on imgur of my Neighborhoods folder: https://imgur.com/a/cG7pG

(In the fourth image, the rest of the files are just more lots, all the way up to 116.)

When one of your forum help questions don't get replied to...
http://data.whicdn.com/images/49363570/large.gif
Old Today, 12:02 AM #11256
joandsarah77
Needs Coffee

21 Achievements

View My Journal

@Alpal425 you can have up to 4 pictures per post but to help the page load, use a spoiler. [spoiler] pictures in here [#spoiler] replace that # with /

~Call me Jo~
Old Today, 12:06 AM #11257
AndrewGloria
Mad Poster

5 Achievements

Quote:
Originally Posted by mdsb759
SimPE's object workshop.
only safe objects to clone/recolor would be ones from currently installed packs?
and normal to see objects from "in-between" packs? currently have expansions 1,2,4,5.
I don't really know about objects, but before I installed University (EP1) I used to see the University LTWs for Romance Sims (have 20 Loves at once and woohoo with 20 different Sims) in SimPE. I never saw them in game (until I installed University earlier this year), and I never tried to use them. I would imagine that objects would be the same; you'll see OFB (EP3) objects in SimPE. As Jo says, don't try to use them; they're probably not really there in your game.

All Sims are beautiful -- even the ugly ones.
My Simblr ~~ My LJ
Sims' lives matter!
Old Today, 1:33 AM #11258
smorbie1
Mad Poster

1 Achievements

My Loser Streak continues, or I'm Too Stupid To Live, part elebenty

So, this is what I did (while reading keep in mind, my college algebra teacher once asked me to STOP showing all of my work)

I have Uc, so, I
1. downloaded a fresh copy of Old Town. It's number is SIMS1
2. checked the installation requirements of Mootilda's mod to be certain I had it in the right place. It's supposed to just be dropped in the downloads folder like most cc. So, that's right.
3. Opened up the program files for Uc. The choices in the Best of Business folder were Ep3, Sp5, Sp7, and Vp6. Of all those the only one that has a neighborhood template is Ep3.
4. I entered Ep3 and went to TSdata, Res.
5. I opened Res and the only folder in there was B001. I guess that's Bluewater.
6. I copied and pasted the entire SIM1 folder to that location.
7. Said a prayer and closed the folder.
8. Started the game. I went to the current hood I'm playing to check, because you said it will be available in all hoods. Clicked add subhood and all the available terrains appeared. No Old Town. Went back to the list of subhoods already available within that hood. Even if I haven't added, for example Bluewater, it always shows up as a choice in that screen, as does Bitville. If I understood you guys, Old Town should have been there. It wasn't.
9. Am I screwed?

thank you, guys. Ya'll are so great. I'm sorry I'm so stupid.

"Death cannot stop true love; all it can do is delay it for awhile."
Old Today, 1:37 AM #11259
Peni Griffin
Mad Poster

12 Achievements

That should have worked. I don't see any gaps or missteps. You might have to take this to Help.

Ugly is in the heart of the beholder.
(My simblr isSim Media Res . Widespot,Widespot RFD: The Subhood, and Land Grant University are all available here. In case you care.)
Old Today, 3:51 AM #11260
Kukamuukaanmuka
Lab Assistant

3 Achievements

@smorbie1 , if you mean this http://modthesims.info/download.php?t=522506 , it is a base hood, not a subhood. That is the thing you do not see it when selecting subhoods.

~~~~Call me Ellu , not a biggie, just my username actually is based of some old stupid tv-show~~~
Old Today, 4:04 AM #11261
ihatemandatoryregister
Mad Poster

4 Achievements

Question, in case anyone missed my earlier one:

Does moving a Sim out of a household and then back in re-generate the vehicle portals? They went missing on a residential lot. If not, how do I fix it?

I'm secretly a Bulbasaur.

My memory is poor, so please take anything I say with a grain of salt. | Looking for SimWardrobe's mods? | Or Dizzy's? | Faiuwle/rufio's too! | smorbie1's Chris Hatch archives
Old Today, 4:25 AM #11262
Kukamuukaanmuka
Lab Assistant

3 Achievements

Quote:
Originally Posted by joandsarah77
Question, I went to add a Downtown to Coral Bay *gasp* yes. But the pre-made Downtown is not there. Now I did this set up about 3 years ago and my memory is shot, so I am guessing that I took away the maxis template because I didn't want all those downtownies. Now if I go ahead and make myself a custom downtown, will it come with Crumplebottom and the vampires? Again I will guess yes but I want to know for sure before I go ahead and start on this. I want them by the way, I miss Crumplbutts lovely face. Actually is there a ready made one that I could download? I don't mind a few sims but I don't want it overrun with them.

Pretty sure you got your reply allready. Crumple you will have BUT (in case you DO NOT have the original D001 at your programfiles --- assuming that is the case ) not the usual Grand Vampires, you will have those but not the ones EAxis made (the Ralph dude and the readhead with pinocchio-syndrome)

Tricous you do have IF you have / original templates / installed Tarlia's template for them to spawn, if the version without them, then you do not get them.

EDIT: Actually, not sure does Tarlias templates got rid of Tricous, too lazy to check, this will: http://modthesims.info/showpost.php...28&postcount=83

~~~~Call me Ellu , not a biggie, just my username actually is based of some old stupid tv-show~~~
Last edited by Kukamuukaanmuka : Today at 4:42 AM.
Old Today, 4:43 AM #11263
Orilon
Alchemist

4 Achievements

@smorbie1

You place a neighborhood in the folder with the B001 if it is a shopping subhood like Bluewater Village.

If it is a Main Hood like http://modthesims.info/download.php?t=522506 then you would go to Libraries-Documents-EA GAMES-Ultimate Collection and put the SIMS1 folder in the Neighborhoods folder. Other folders that are commonly in there are E001 for Belladonna Cove, F001 for Desiderata Valley, G001 for Riverblossom Hills, N001 for Pleasantview, N002 for Strangetown, N003 for Veronaville
Old Today, 4:43 AM #11264
gummilutt
Mad Poster

38 Achievements

View My Journal

Quote:
Originally Posted by ihatemandatoryregister
Does moving a Sim out of a household and then back in re-generate the vehicle portals? They went missing on a residential lot. If not, how do I fix it?

No idea if moving in/out fixes it, but Inge's portal revelear can tell you if that is the case. If it doesn't fix it, there are buyable portals in the portal reveal thread, which is here on MTS.

If you have questions on how to use SimPE or WW, you're welcome to PM me.
Old Today, 5:32 AM #11265
stitching
Instructor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kukamuukaanmuka
Tricous you do have IF you have / original templates / installed Tarlia's template for them to spawn, if the version without them, then you do not get them.

EDIT: Actually, not sure does Tarlias templates got rid of Tricous, too lazy to check, this will: http://modthesims.info/showpost.php...28&postcount=83

You're right - Tarlia's version of Downtown without townies or Tricous DOES have all of the dead character files so that if you attach the Downtown the graves are still there and the ghosts will haunt. Unfortunately, that means the files will also be there for custom downtowns. So, for custom downtowns, Jawusa's empty downtown is a better template option.
Old Today, 5:36 AM
Kukamuukaanmuka
This message has been deleted by Kukamuukaanmuka. Reason: too sleepy, obvious
Old Today, 5:54 AM #11266
Peni Griffin
Mad Poster

12 Achievements

@Smorbie; ah, yes, Old Town being a main hood rather than a subhood explains everything. See, you're not as stupid as you think you are. You just lacked a key piece of information.

Mootilda's tutorial on how to change an existing neighborhood into a subhood is here: http://www.modthesims.info/showthread.php?t=502306

But if you're intimidated by that, you might humbly beg Mark (it's Mark's Old Town, right?) to make a subhood version.

Ugly is in the heart of the beholder.
(My simblr isSim Media Res . Widespot,Widespot RFD: The Subhood, and Land Grant University are all available here. In case you care.)
Old Today, 6:33 AM #11267
Orilon
Alchemist

4 Achievements

Marka93 already has a subhood version here: http://www.modthesims.info/download.php?t=523417 I linked it to smorbie in a PM earlier.
Old Today, 7:20 AM #11268
inspiredzone
Lab Assistant

2 Achievements

What is the hood template for Academie Le Tour? Is it in game/has anyone made a custom version of it?
Old Today, 7:30 AM #11269
Orilon
Alchemist

4 Achievements

Académie Le Tour is a Uni hood. Tarlia has a cleaned version here http://meetme2theriver.livejournal.com/63030.html
Old Today, 7:35 AM #11270
wickedjr89
Scholar

I'm doing makeovers of Sims as I go about getting my megahood ready to go. I've been going through all the thumbnails to generate them thinking i'd thank myself for taking all that time later...and I come across this. That man-head is her top.

Is one wrong thumbnail a huge deal to the game somehow? Because I can personally deal with it but I don't want to mess up the game somehow.

Edit: The item in question works just fine, it's just the thumbnail
Last edited by wickedjr89 : Today at 7:46 AM.
Old Today, 8:03 AM #11271
joandsarah77
Needs Coffee

21 Achievements

View My Journal

What happens when you CTRL + right mouse click? You might need to delete the Cast thumbnail package under documents. Sims 2>Thumbnails>CASThumbnails.package.

~Call me Jo~
Old Today, 8:12 AM #11272
wickedjr89
Scholar

Quote:
Originally Posted by joandsarah77
What happens when you CTRL + right mouse click? You might need to delete the Cast thumbnail package under documents. Sims 2>Thumbnails>CASThumbnails.package.

I googled and tried that...didn't do anything. Sigh, I might as well delete the thumbnail package and try regenerating them all over again. A wrong thumbnail though shouldn't corrupt anything else should it? I'll delete the package anyway because otherwise it'll bug me knowing it's there, mocking me.
Old Today, 8:28 AM #11273
simsample
Be like the 22nd elephant with heated value in space- Bark!

19 Achievements

View My Journal

@Alpal425 That all looks the same as it does for me, so it should be showing up for you. I would suggest at this point to try having Origin repair your installation, as the usual reason for neighbourhoods not showing up is if there is a gameversion mismatch. UC should obviously be the highest gameversion apart from Store edition, and the hood works for me on the same gameversion, so I would suspect something else.

Don't forget to backup any changes you've made to your scripts, lighting files, exes etc before repairing, as this will set your gamedata to vanilla.
Old Today, 9:14 AM #11274
frogz2007
Scholar

1 Achievements

Are the SimSlice NPC's safe to summon and befriend? I noticed if you propose to move one in they'll have a huge list of potential movers and it lists all of the Sims who are in the Default family. This was a while back since I stopped using them ever since that, but I wanted to know if it's safe or not.
Old Today, 10:08 AM #11275
joandsarah77
Needs Coffee

21 Achievements

View My Journal

At a guess I would say probably not.

~Call me Jo~

Section jump: