Welcome to
Mod The Sims
Online: 1166
News:
Have an account? Sign in:
pass:
If you don't have an account, why not sign up now? It's free!
Other sites: SimsWiki
Reply  Replies: 3544 (Who?), Viewed: 147415 times.
Search this Thread
Old 14th Oct 2017, 1:13 AM #3526
ihatemandatoryregister
Mad Poster

4 Achievements

@AndrewGloria - if you don't mind hacks, here:
http://simmanipulator.forumotion.co...-from-cow-plant

I'm secretly a Bulbasaur.

My memory is poor, so please take anything I say with a grain of salt. | Looking for SimWardrobe's mods? | Or Dizzy's? | Faiuwle/rufio's too!
Old 14th Oct 2017, 2:11 AM #3527
AndrewGloria
Mad Poster

5 Achievements

Thanks ihatemandatoryregister! I use lots of hacks. Especially ones that stop nasty things happening to my Sims! So I've just got this one. Thanks again!

All Sims are beautiful -- even the ugly ones.
My Simblr ~~ My LJ
Sims' lives matter!
Old 14th Oct 2017, 2:19 AM #3528
ihatemandatoryregister
Mad Poster

4 Achievements

This means you can also keep the cowplant as a nice decoration.

I'm secretly a Bulbasaur.

My memory is poor, so please take anything I say with a grain of salt. | Looking for SimWardrobe's mods? | Or Dizzy's? | Faiuwle/rufio's too!
Old 14th Oct 2017, 2:50 AM #3529
StrangeTownChick
Forum Resident

6 Achievements

When the baby-changing animation or whatever glitches out and gets stuck in a loop and you have to reset both the grown Sim and the baby, losing their queue in the process.

I've got one or two things on MTS, but most of my stuff is on my main site here:
http://simcessories.blogspot.com/
(Now recruiting budding creators.)
Old 14th Oct 2017, 3:19 AM #3530
AndrewGloria
Mad Poster

5 Achievements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ihatemandatoryregister
This means you can also keep the cowplant as a nice decoration.
I can certainly keep it. Whether it's "nice" remains debateable!

My Simblr ~~ My LJ
Sims' lives matter!
Old 14th Oct 2017, 5:27 AM #3531
Sketching
Lab Assistant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rosawyn
My sim toddlers roll the generic "be played with"/"be snuggled" wants somewhat regularly, and I tend to interpret it as them asking for a specific sim (someone other than mom or dad), if one is available. Maxwell Oglethorpe sometimes asks for his aunt Jane, as an example, and at least one of the Fortuna sims has asked for their big sister. Haylee Sinclair asks for her stepmom sometimes too. It would be cool if toddlers rolled these generic wants mre often though! Edit: Sorry, I guess I misread your post...you want them to specifically ask for specific sims, not just use the generic wants.

Sorry, I should have specified that yes, I would have liked for them to ask for specific sims.

I can always interpret the want as being for someone in particular, but it would've been nice to see my toddlers want to be snuggled by their twin, tickled by a close stepparent, or be talked to by a cousin.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but I would've also liked some toddler wants to be fulfilled by other actions - like huggling fulfilling "be snuggled" or talking on activity tables and dollhouses to fulfill the "be talked to" want. Then again, talking while eating dinner together doesn't fulfill the "talk to x" want for other ages either... I know I could cheat click the want but it's not the same.

Also, is it just me, or does older sims playing with the toys together with the toddlers not fulfill the "play with and talk to" wants on both sides either? I've had siblings play on the logic blocks and charisma bunnies with the toddlers but I sometimes had to interrupt the moment to have one tickle the other to get the want.

Edit: Now I'm tempted to dissect the Wants Trees and see if I can do something about this but I'm not sure where to start.
Last edited by Sketching : 14th Oct 2017 at 9:26 AM.
Old 14th Oct 2017, 5:52 AM
lordtyger9
This message has been deleted by lordtyger9.
Old 14th Oct 2017, 6:06 AM #3532
lordtyger9
Forum Resident

Quote:
Originally Posted by AndrewGloria
Thanks RoxEllen! In that case, I think I'll just leave it till a playable gets abducted/invited to join. From what Peni's told me, the cowplant at the LGU Secret Society is behind a fence, but there's a gate in the fence. If changes made while visiting the lot "stick", then I think I'll just lock the gate so no-one can autonomously walk in. I had assumed it would be like an un-owned community lot, and I'd have to relock the gate at the start of every visit. Waiting till my Sims get there before changing anything means the appearance of the lot will be as much a surprise for me as for them. That should be more fun than editing it in advance.

Whenever one of your Sims visits the Secret Society they can make what ever changes in building you want or buy or sell whatever you want as well. The only limit is the available funds that the Society has. If your Sim stays there until after they has passed a Final the money gained is added to the available funds or you can always have your Sim Paint and then sell the Painting or Write a Novel, any funds gained are also added, or you can do a money cheat or what ever else to add to the funds of the Society. When you leave and come back you will find that all the changes have stuck, just like it was the Sim's own house.

In my game I added an Elevator with several floors and a bedroom, I also added the in the floor hot tub, a sauna, and a Majong Table and more, I like how it is bigger now with more stuff..

for info on changing the Mac Open File Limit check out my post here http://www.insimenator.org/index.ph...html#msg1628939
Curiosity killed the cat,
but satisfaction brought it back.
Old 14th Oct 2017, 6:07 AM #3533
Rosawyn
Scholar

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sketching
Also, is it just me, or do older sims playing with the toys together with the toddlers not fulfill the "play with and talk to" wants on both sides either?

Joining a toddler playing with a toddler toy does not in fact fulfill any wants, but it damn well should. Same with two sims playing their handhelds together...so annoying that it fulfills no wants.
Old 14th Oct 2017, 7:11 AM #3534
Charity
Mad Poster

11 Achievements

Quote:
I can certainly keep it. Whether it's "nice" remains debateable!

Hey, all your sims have a right to life don't they (including weird plant hybrids). Feed the cowplant with steaks and have the no taking cake mod and your sims can keep it as a pet.
Old 14th Oct 2017, 10:20 AM #3535
Sketching
Lab Assistant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rosawyn
Joining a toddler playing with a toddler toy does not in fact fulfill any wants, but it damn well should. Same with two sims playing their handhelds together...so annoying that it fulfills no wants.

Oh, gosh, yes, that too! Having Pokémon battles counts as playing together, darn it!

My life is a series of incomprehensible sketches, illegible notes, and running away from angry lizards. I don't enjoy that last one.

Stories and stories about mermaids, kings and sunken treasure, magic worlds where the impossible becomes the everyday!
Old 14th Oct 2017, 11:00 AM #3536
RoxEllen1965
Scholar

Quote:
The cowplant killing unplayable Sims is definitely not acceptable in my game, so I'll have to do something abut it. ... By the way, just how far away the from the monstrosity is safe? I was thinking of putting a fence round it one tile away from it, in case the thing can lean over and grab a Sim from the other side of the fence.

The cowplant can't "lean over the fence" and grab sims. I don't think TS2 can handle that kind of animation. Sims/objects that interact must both be on the same side of a fence or wall.

The easiest way to deal with a cowplant at a secret society lot is to just put a fence around it with no gate (the premade Maxis secret society lots are made this way). In the secret society lot at Land Grant University, just delete the existing gate in the fence around the cowplant. If nobody can get to it, nobody will be eaten.

Thanks to Crmelsimlover for sharing these rare Christianlov mods for TS2: Cpack editor with working face DNA fixer and Skin Selector Painting Prototype. Instructions for adding custom skins to Skin Selector at post #37 here. Instructions for using the DNA fixer at post # 2662 here .
Old 14th Oct 2017, 1:53 PM #3537
AndrewGloria
Mad Poster

5 Achievements

All your posts are very reassuring! I think I'll use a fence and the Don't grab Cake mod. There's nothing like a belt and braces just to be sure. I empathise with and identify with my Sims more than most Simmers, and I think I'm genuinely afraid of this thing! Still, if it can't lean across a fence and grab Sims on the other side, presumably it can't lean out of my computer screen and eat me either!

There are a number of things like bougainvillea shrubs and hydroponic gardens that I first came across in The Sims 2, and then discovered are a thing in real life too. I do hope the Laganaphyllis simnovorii isn't another one: I hope I'm never walking happily along a country lane and spot one smiling demurely at me from the hedgerow!

[EDIT] If I do spot one, I promise I won't take the cake!

My Simblr ~~ My LJ
Sims' lives matter!
Last edited by AndrewGloria : 14th Oct 2017 at 2:08 PM.
Old 14th Oct 2017, 3:21 PM #3538
Justpetro
Mad Poster

16 Achievements

Reading the tale of "AndrewGloria and the horrible Cowplant" with much enjoyment

Windows 10 and the Ultimate Collection
http://modthesims.info/showthread.php?t=568275
Old 15th Oct 2017, 10:18 PM #3539
LilSister
Field Researcher

When Sims are at a restaurant on a date or dining with family, I can't stand it when other Sims crowd around their table trying to get their attention. When doing so they often block the waiter and each other and it get's on my nerves; but there is nothing I can do about it so I have to ignore them and deal with it. However, I wish there was a "leave them along while their dining" mod.
Old 15th Oct 2017, 11:49 PM #3540
Rosawyn
Scholar

Quote:
Originally Posted by LilSister
When Sims are at a restaurant on a date or dining with family, I can't stand it when other Sims crowd around their table trying to get their attention. When doing so they often block the waiter and each other and it get's on my nerves; but there is nothing I can do about it so I have to ignore them and deal with it. However, I wish there was a "leave them along while their dining" mod.

I've never seen this in my game, at least not that I remember. Which means there must be something different in my game that fixes the issue? Every so often another sim will attempt to interact with one of my sims while they're on a date, but other than a few instances where someone stole my sim's dinner (and I think I may have since gotten a mod to prevent that), I don't think I've ever seen anyone bother my sims at all while they're dining out.
Edit: I can't for the life of me think of what mod or mods I have that might be affecting that. Maybe someone else will have some idea?
Old 16th Oct 2017, 2:47 AM #3541
ieta_cassiopeia
Scholar

@AndrewGloria You can also try having one of your Sims put the cowplant in inventory and conveniently never remove it (or just plain delete it). If you do that, and never place another one (it's the career reward for a Natural Scientist), cowplants will just be a thing in the career catalogue (and occasionally a Sim will get an easily-ignored want to "Drink Milk" of someone they're angry with)..
Old 16th Oct 2017, 3:17 AM #3542
grinevilly
Lab Assistant

Quote:
Originally Posted by LilSister

I dont recall ever having that exact thing happen, but I have had a sim wait outside the bathroom stall door and trap my sim in the toilet. Very irritating! But what you CAN do is, testingcheatsenabled true, and make the blocker selectable. Then you can send them anywhere on the lot that you like, deselect them, and go back to your simulated life. =)

-gE
>=)
Old 16th Oct 2017, 7:03 AM #3543
kamoodle5
Instructor

4 Achievements

Although the wiki mentioned the cowplant resembles a few things, I want to believe they also resemble the piranha plants from the Mario series.

Whelp, one thing that has been grinding my gears for awhile is how a Sim's expression might get stuck in the big smile that suggests farting. I can select them or make them selectable and fix it with the batbox, but sometimes it happens again almost immediately after. This especially occurs when they either goose somebody or they're watching the sports channel.

I do have the mod that prevents a more awkward face from sticking (I can't recall what for at the moment).

Check out my profile for homes and community lots ready for download: My Homes and Stuff
Old 16th Oct 2017, 7:08 AM #3544
Rosawyn
Scholar

Quote:
Originally Posted by kamoodle5
Although the wiki mentioned the cowplant resembles a few things, I want to believe they also resemble the piranha plants from the Mario series.

:O I never realized, but they totally do! Perhaps at a certain level of skill, our handy sims should be able to keep them at by with hammers and by jumping on their heads!
Old Yesterday, 2:04 PM #3545
Sketching
Lab Assistant

Dang nabbit when you realize that one of the chairs in the apartment yard is a different color when you've already moved the families in!

---

Also, one of the apartments is now occupied by Henri Le Stanc, my favorite janitor.

I forgot that he went in when I visited that apartment days ago and he got locked in when I left it. Thank goodness the landlady came to pet him so that he could finally leave (because he sure as heck wouldn't when I tried entering and exiting multiple times) but he tried to get back in anyway.

---

Speaking of unwanted guests, I remembered using a mod that allowed downtownies and NPCs as apartment residents but removed it because one of the tenants it pulled was the taxi driver, who began forming relationships with the other tenants and even appeared in a playable's want panel. I freaked and reverted to a back-up though I lost progress from the first 3 houses that rotation.

(That's why, young Padawan, don't be lazy and wing mods on your hoods without back-ups!)

My life is a series of incomprehensible sketches, illegible notes, and running away from angry lizards. I don't enjoy that last one.

Stories and stories about mermaids, kings and sunken treasure, magic worlds where the impossible becomes the everyday!

Section jump: