Welcome to
Mod The Sims
Online: 1250
News:
Have an account? Sign in:
pass:
If you don't have an account, why not sign up now? It's free!
Other sites: SimsWiki
Reply  Replies: 8748 (Who?), Viewed: 505976 times.
Search this Thread
Old 16th Jul 2018, 2:12 PM #8726
lientebollemeis
Theorist

47 Achievements

View My Journal

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bulbizarre
If you have a good reputation, occasionally townies will offer you jobs in other career tracks.

That's exactly what I meant. Guess my sims need to work on their reputation as I didn't know that.
Thanks!

Overview all my creations (MTS and beyond): http://bit.ly/allcreations
FAQ and policy: http://bit.ly/PolicyS2I
The School Project: http://bit.ly/TheSchoolProject
Over 500 new food items to come in Fast & Healthy Cooking Project: http://bit.ly/Fast&HealthyCookingProject
Old 16th Jul 2018, 3:04 PM #8727
Bulbizarre
Mad Poster

5 Achievements

It even works for custom careers. I had a townie offer one of my Sims a job in "Happily Unemployed."

I'm secretly a Bulbasaur. | Formerly known as ihatemandatoryregister

My memory is poor, so please take anything I say with a grain of salt. | Looking for SimWardrobe's mods? | Or Dizzy's? | Faiuwle/rufio's too! | smorbie1's Chris Hatch archives | Check out my website!
Old 16th Jul 2018, 9:50 PM #8728
mdsb759
Theorist

pet locks; be able to distinguish between cats and dogs.
in case we want one pet type in the room but not the other.
Old 16th Jul 2018, 10:56 PM #8729
Bulbizarre
Mad Poster

5 Achievements

@mdsb759 - Although not a perfect solution as I don't think it can differentiate between pet types, Pescado's authorizedpersonnelonly allows you to ban specific Sims from a room. So you can keep out Rover but let Fluffy in, for instance.

On the topic, I wonder if pet doors would be possible? There are toddler gates that keep toddlers in.

My memory is poor, so please take anything I say with a grain of salt. | Looking for SimWardrobe's mods? | Or Dizzy's? | Faiuwle/rufio's too! | smorbie1's Chris Hatch archives | Check out my website!
Old 16th Jul 2018, 11:48 PM #8730
grammapat
Mad Poster

1 Achievements

A hack that allows non-playables to keep their job (or, if they no longer "work" where they did before, they should have a similar job). The fireman/bartender/mailman moved in; he kept his uniform, but it must have been stolen because he no longer had a job! Even worse, the PROFESSOR moved in - and was now not only unemployed, but uneducated (& no college degree)!

Namaste
Old 17th Jul 2018, 12:07 AM #8731
M.M.A.A.
Mad Poster

22 Achievements

View My Journal

Quote:
Originally Posted by grammapat
A hack that allows non-playables to keep their job (or, if they no longer "work" where they did before, they should have a similar job). The fireman/bartender/mailman moved in; he kept his uniform, but it must have been stolen because he no longer had a job! Even worse, the PROFESSOR moved in - and was now not only unemployed, but uneducated (& no college degree)!

What I do for those I try to find a career that best matches/suits their previous profession. For e.g. a college professor NPC would get a job in Education, a firefighter would get into the Adventurer career track, and so on... I remember there was someone here who created NPC jobs for playables. :/
Old 17th Jul 2018, 12:28 AM #8732
joandsarah77
Needs Coffee

26 Achievements

View My Journal

The VC-love and hate it. I haven't noticed the gypsy acting any different through.

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~
Old 17th Jul 2018, 2:30 AM #8733
grinevilly
Lab Assistant

@lientebollemeis said:
Quote:
I'd really like something like a headhunter.

I thought you meant a guy with the Witch Doctor mask from BV, who sold little tiny souvenir heads. Now THAT'S something I'd want! Maybe some cannibal chance cards for Twiikii Island excursions gone wrong!

♫ Oo Ee Oo Ah Ah!
♪ Ting - Tang ♪
Walla Walla Bing-Bang! ♫

>=)
Old 17th Jul 2018, 4:10 AM #8734
FranH
Mad Poster

Quote:

Quote:
I remember there was someone here who created NPC jobs for playables. :/

You might be interested in these careers by TashaFaun:
NPC Career Mega Pack
and it's companion:
NPC Career Mega Pack 2

Yes, there are no chance cards for any of them, so it's up to the player to make them advance. I'd say that these would be described as 'temporary jobs' for NPC's until they find what they truly want to do.

True, the professor doesn't have a similar job, but you could put him into the Education career and I'm sure he'd do well..

Receptacle Refugee & Resident Polar Bear
"Get out of my way, young'un, I'm a ninja!"
Old 17th Jul 2018, 5:38 AM #8735
kestrellyn
Field Researcher

6 Achievements

I find it weird that all of the townies and downtownies don't come with college educations, so I just fix them with the batbox. I even get to choose their major that way, so I can make sure they are able to get their dream job with my majors/careers hack installed!
Old 17th Jul 2018, 6:36 AM #8736
lientebollemeis
Theorist

47 Achievements

View My Journal

Quote:
Originally Posted by kestrellyn
I find it weird that all of the townies and downtownies don't come with college educations, so I just fix them with the batbox. I even get to choose their major that way, so I can make sure they are able to get their dream job with my majors/careers hack installed!

What is your majors/careers hack?

Overview all my creations (MTS and beyond): http://bit.ly/allcreations
FAQ and policy: http://bit.ly/PolicyS2I
The School Project: http://bit.ly/TheSchoolProject
Over 500 new food items to come in Fast & Healthy Cooking Project: http://bit.ly/Fast&HealthyCookingProject
Old 17th Jul 2018, 11:28 PM #8737
conversesneaker
Instructor

I wish there was something I could place on community lots that would force the town's NPC to spawn there when visited. Like how the cash register spawns the cashier, and the podium the human statue? I'd like if I could make certain lots attract different NPCs - the animal trainer on a pet-oriented lot, the mascot on a college lot, etc.
Old 18th Jul 2018, 9:00 AM #8738
SciBirg
Scholar

7 Achievements

Quote:
Originally Posted by grinevilly
@lientebollemeis said:

I thought you meant a guy with the Witch Doctor mask from BV, who sold little tiny souvenir heads. Now THAT'S something I'd want! Maybe some cannibal chance cards for Twiikii Island excursions gone wrong!

♫ Oo Ee Oo Ah Ah!
♪ Ting - Tang ♪
Walla Walla Bing-Bang! ♫

>=)

Thanks! Now I have that song in my head for the rest of the day... :D
Old 18th Jul 2018, 9:29 AM #8739
JDacapo
Theorist

Have an option to watch videos on the computers, and even have different channels. Mean, lazy, or playful sims might like, for example, LeafyIsHere videos. They might even find THEMSELVES the target of a LeafyIsHere video and get a bad memory from it. Or even a good memory if they are exceptionally grouchy and playful and outgoing. There might even be an option to 'roast Leafy' and get a good memory from a success or bad memory from failure.
Old 18th Jul 2018, 2:15 PM #8740
kestrellyn
Field Researcher

6 Achievements

Quote:
Originally Posted by lientebollemeis
What is your majors/careers hack?

Syberspunks unicareershack from MATY. It's pretty much entirely customizable, although I just use the defaults.
Old 18th Jul 2018, 3:25 PM #8741
Primavera
Space Pony

3 Achievements

I already have a mod that stops sims from cuddling in bed when they first wake up, but I would like to see a mod where sims don't cuddle in bed as they sleep, like how one gets in bed after the other and moves closer to them before going to sleep.

what_makes_you_haha.mp3

Old 18th Jul 2018, 4:40 PM #8742
Charity
Mad Poster

12 Achievements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Primavera
I already have a mod that stops sims from cuddling in bed when they first wake up, but I would like to see a mod where sims don't cuddle in bed as they sleep, like how one gets in bed after the other and moves closer to them before going to sleep.

Blasphemy! That's the cutest thing ever. XD
Old 18th Jul 2018, 10:00 PM #8743
M.M.A.A.
Mad Poster

22 Achievements

View My Journal

A fix for the broken Gypsy NPC. And pretty much any other broken NPCs.
Old 18th Jul 2018, 10:28 PM #8744
Sunbee
Alchemist

A hack that lets hotels on vacation work like apartment sub-lots, so you can have multiple playable households stay at the same hotel.

Pics from my game: Sunbee's Simblr Sunbee's Livejournal
"English is a marvelous edged weapon if you know how to wield it." C.J. Cherryh
Old Yesterday, 3:10 PM #8745
Bubblebeam
Scholar

12 Achievements

Something like Moo's turn on/off all lights but for deleting them.

Personal downloads archived at Wordpress.
Old Yesterday, 9:12 PM #8746
mdsb759
Theorist

sims be able to have pianos that could "play" themselves. I take called "player pianos".
maybe also equivalents of the other instruments.
Old Yesterday, 11:35 PM #8747
grinevilly
Lab Assistant

Quote:
Originally Posted by mdsb759
sims be able to have pianos that could "play" themselves. I take called "player pianos".
maybe also equivalents of the other instruments.

OOOOh!! Especially if it was an old up-right Rag Time-y player piano! That'd be great for my Wild West Vacation hood's saloon, that i haven't made yet...

>=)
Old Today, 12:51 AM #8748
Yvelotic2001
Lab Assistant

4 Achievements

A per-lot version of Perfect Plants, perhaps as a hacked object. There are lots which I want to do luxurious landscaping, but can't because of all the watering and trimming it would take (or constantly having to re-buy plants), but there are also lots where I want my Sims to have to garden. A hacked object that could allow me to choose whether I want to have to garden or not would be great for that.

Admit it, Milotic is beautiful.
My C:Simblr!
Old Today, 3:12 AM #8749
Bulbizarre
Mad Poster

5 Achievements

@Yvelotic2001 You can get 'plastic' or no-care flowers and shrubs. Alternately I think SimSlice has a magic hedge trimmer and other stuff like that.

Section jump: