Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Captain Louie
retired moderator
Original Poster
#301 Old 19th Aug 2012 at 5:30 PM
Quote: Originally posted by lanawinst
Little question here: if I do a raised patio (outdoor area) adjoined to the house, is it considered an alteration of the foundation? I don't use a foundation, just raise the level with CFE.

As long as it doesn't go outside the pre-existing footprint, then yes. If it expands the house, then no, you unfortunately can't

Now streaming on at Twitch.tv/SeveralNerds or UglyHoesConnect.com - whichever is easier for you to type in your browser.
Advertisement
Forum Resident
#302 Old 19th Aug 2012 at 5:41 PM
Shoot! The pool area doesn't look as good if not raised. I guess I just have to start over and find another way to make it work. Thanks for the fast answer

Captain Louie
retired moderator
Original Poster
#303 Old 20th Aug 2012 at 5:39 PM
Sorry for the delays in the scores, guys. College is three days away and I am, very quickly, starting to shut down and raise my defenses. They will be done soon! I promise!

Now streaming on at Twitch.tv/SeveralNerds or UglyHoesConnect.com - whichever is easier for you to type in your browser.
Lab Assistant
#304 Old 20th Aug 2012 at 7:58 PM
I may have to drop out. I can't find my original sims 3 disc to get the stupid code off of it for the reinstall (all the other expansions were bought online so I'm fine there). Very irritated at the moment.
Inventor
#305 Old 21st Aug 2012 at 3:00 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Rishara
I may have to drop out. I can't find my original sims 3 disc to get the stupid code off of it for the reinstall (all the other expansions were bought online so I'm fine there). Very irritated at the moment.

Did you register the game with Sims3.com? If so, you can get the code on Origin.
Lab Assistant
#306 Old 21st Aug 2012 at 6:56 PM Last edited by sharill63 : 24th Aug 2012 at 3:46 PM.
Default Foundation #4 - Non-Participant
So, this one was obviously a monumental challenge! I had two different attempts going until I had an epiphany . So, below you will find out how my inspiration took shape.

I'm afraid that this one requires a story, which I don't usually do.

This foundation was built along the coast of the Barnacle Bay world. It was once a fort that house the local garrison. This fort had cannons, a drawbridge, training field, small cannon tower, a moat, cemetery, and two dungeons . (oops! Looks like someone overstayed their welcome! )

A local architect decided to refurbish this amazing landmark and here you see the results. She was able to re-purpose many objects and tried to keep the essence of the fort.

I hope you enjoy your tour!
Inventor
#307 Old 21st Aug 2012 at 9:21 PM
I finally finished my Round 4 build.

Each of my entries so far has had an inspiration. This round is no different. This time, the inspiration is something that happened in my past – getting hit by a hurricane. As soon as I saw the CFE foundation, I knew that I would make a hurricane-based build.

Now, here’s why I took so long. I flooded all of Twinbrook for this build. That’s right; I created a whole CC world just for this contest entry!

Anyway, here are the pictures. I couldn’t take any pictures beyond the required pictures because the house is completely underwater and the floodwaters got in the way. Also, the house appears small in the front and rear view pictures. This is also because of the floodwaters. I didn't know until now that the camera in Sims 3 has the Hydrophobic trait!

I didn't delete the houses next to my entry because the flooded Twinbrook world is extremely buggy and I didn't want to tax it any more than was necessary.

Expansions used: All
Stuff packs used: None

Credit for CC Used:
Myself for the flooded Twinbrook world
QBUILDERZ for the lot
Field Researcher
retired moderator
#308 Old 22nd Aug 2012 at 12:56 AM
That's a fantastic idea PSDuckie! & Everyone is doing amazing!

PM me with a request!
Instructor
#309 Old 22nd Aug 2012 at 7:26 AM
So, did my extension request get accepted, or?

Find me on YouTube!
Flabaliki - General gaming
TheSimSupply - Videos all about The Sims!
Test Subject
#310 Old 22nd Aug 2012 at 11:36 AM Last edited by powelly009 : 30th Aug 2012 at 2:31 PM.
My entry !! (round 4)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_N6-...E&feature=g-u-u - video of the house
Screenshots
Veteran Finn
retired moderator
#311 Old 22nd Aug 2012 at 11:41 AM Last edited by armiel : 30th Aug 2012 at 2:41 PM.
Powelly009, you need to upload the photos directly to your post, or link to them on an external site. You can't upload contest images in a rar file.

EDIT: Thanks :D
Lab Assistant
#312 Old 23rd Aug 2012 at 12:55 AM
Quote: Originally posted by PSDuckie
Did you register the game with Sims3.com? If so, you can get the code on Origin.

I *DID*, but the code that it has in my Origin page WILL NOT WORK. Is there somewhere else I should be looking? I looked on sims3.com but can't find anywhere that would have my code.

I'm seriously irritated. Still can't find it.
Inventor
#313 Old 23rd Aug 2012 at 1:03 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Rishara
I *DID*, but the code that it has in my Origin page WILL NOT WORK. Is there somewhere else I should be looking? I looked on sims3.com but can't find anywhere that would have my code.

I'm seriously irritated. Still can't find it.

Try redownloading the game from the Origin software. That worked for me.
Alchemist
#314 Old 23rd Aug 2012 at 8:59 AM
Default Spirit of the Dragon - Lamamma entry for Round 4
My entry for Round 4 is an exotic house tailored for a disciplined sim who regularly practice zen and martial arts. Spirit of the Dragon has room for a couple or a single sim.
First floor: kitchen, bathroom, living and dojo.
Second floor: TV room and studio, balcony, bedroom, large bathroom.
Exteriors: bathtub and a nice artist corner, good also for meditation, parking is available but my test sim didn't buy a car.
The style is a mix of traditional and modern, with a limited colors palette. Spectacular vista from the dojo and from the bed.

Except for the KathyPerrySP, I used all EPs and SPs and few items from the store (Japanese set bathtub, Asian fusion wall lamp, Imperial bedroom paintings and free dragon lamp and wall decoration)
No other CCs.

Requested pics
Front, Back and general view

Plan (foundation, 1st floor, 2nd floor, roof)

Additional random pictures

HERE a short album with some wow pics
Lab Assistant
#315 Old 23rd Aug 2012 at 2:18 PM Last edited by Rishara : 23rd Aug 2012 at 5:56 PM.
Quote: Originally posted by PSDuckie
Try redownloading the game from the Origin software. That worked for me.

That's what I did, but it didn't work. I was able to get it back by opening a support ticket with EA. Whew.

Now to try to reinstall everything and hopefully have time to get a house done! Everyone's houses have been pretty cool so far. Not sure what I'm going to do with mine.

Actually, with the incredibly slow downloads I have going on, I doubt I'll have time to finish a house this round. Hubby and I are going to be out of town this weekend, so I'd have to get it done today. Sigh... Don't really want to build a house with the base game only.
Echezzman Nwokeoma
staff: senior moderator
#316 Old 23rd Aug 2012 at 8:14 PM
For my round four entry, I present LaBianca. This is a two level split classical modern house.

The ground floor has the sitting room with an attached bar area, the kitchen and dining, Study/Library.

The top floor, consists of two bedrooms with en-suite bathroom and a laundry room.

The outdoor of course, have a decorated garden,swimming pool joined with a BBQ area, and a golf practice area. Then there is the car garage as well as an arts room(kind of a green house) where Sims can practice and paint lovely images and arts among nature. There is also at the back garden a dog house and of course the outdoor is a big place for your little pets to play around.

Well I present to you LaBianca

Custom contents
The lists of custom content used includes

Paintings
Audrey kowasakio2, Painting dama, From sims3-modeli.ucoz.ru

Light By Dot@TSR

Scalet kitchen extractor hood By Huddy77@MTS

Rug 3x2 set 1 By [email protected]spot

Painting Rodena By Kikolwiek@simsdistrict

Cabanat Vasa, Apesantuer planter@Mungo Sims

Planta2 @sims3d.host56

Door and Window By Kriss@TSR

Store objects

Classical plant by Kate@parsimonious converted by me

The rest are by me.

A slide preview of this and more shots here
http://s952.photobucket.com/albums/...mview=slideshow
Forum Resident
#317 Old 24th Aug 2012 at 4:37 AM
Holy poo, you guys! Round 4 entries are wow'ing my sock off!
And the "just for fun" entries... fabulous!

Rishara- I'm glad you got your game up & running.
And congratulations on having a ̶u̶n̶h̶e̶a̶r̶d̶ ̶o̶f̶ happily resolved EA ticket!

Quote: Originally posted by Flabaliki

Oh jeez, Flabs! I would hope so! ...Q?
Test Subject
#318 Old 24th Aug 2012 at 4:23 PM
Well, I unfortunately have some bad news, I am going to have to drop out of this challenge even though it is the last round. I am pretty sick at the moment and I just found out my friends Grandma died, her wake is today and the funeral is tomorrow. So I will not have any time to play the Sims let alone build anything for the entire weekend. I look forward to seeing how everyone does once this is over and hopefully Q will host another build challenge that I can complete.

Good luck everyone and fantastic lots so far for Round 4.

Tattoos are like stories--they are symbolic of the important moments in your life!

Abruzzi Legacy --> http://abruzzilegacy.blogspot.com/
Test Subject
#319 Old 25th Aug 2012 at 12:51 AM
Q, my lot house got corrupted, so I'm going to have to rebuild it. I expect to make the deadline, but I'm giving you a heads up ahead of time so you're aware of the situation on my end. I will be working my bum off tonight trying to get it done. I believe the deadline is midnight tonight? Or do I have another day? I'm going to aim for midnight anyway so I I can get it done, just in case.

Also,

CM, my condolences.

-Fuko
Inventor
#320 Old 25th Aug 2012 at 1:13 AM
Quote: Originally posted by CreativeMommy1985
Well, I unfortunately have some bad news, I am going to have to drop out of this challenge even though it is the last round. I am pretty sick at the moment and I just found out my friends Grandma died, her wake is today and the funeral is tomorrow. So I will not have any time to play the Sims let alone build anything for the entire weekend. I look forward to seeing how everyone does once this is over and hopefully Q will host another build challenge that I can complete.

Good luck everyone and fantastic lots so far for Round 4.

I'm really sorry for you and your friend.
Scholar
#321 Old 25th Aug 2012 at 1:53 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Flabaliki

Flab, I know that Q was starting university/college sometime around now. I suspect that's the reason for the delay in Round 3 scores (which are all in) being posted. If I don't run across Q in the chat in the next couple of days, maybe one of us judges can arrange to post scores?

ETA: CM, I'm sorry for your loss. Hugs, thoughts and prayers going out for you, your family and your friend's family.
Field Researcher
#322 Old 25th Aug 2012 at 2:53 PM
Phew, I didn't think I'd get this finished in time!
My entry is called 'Industrial Chic'.

and loads more pics on my site http://sims-eclectica.weebly.com/
or at http://s833.photobucket.com/albums/...mview=slideshow

Contains CC by Luna, Around the Sims, Tinkle and Louma at Black Pearl Sims, Pocci , Einfach Simlisch, B5Studio, Simply Kitsch and the following TSR artists (all items used are FREE content): jomsims, spacesims, wondymoon, flovv, fantasticsims, eryt96, pralinesims, ruhrpottbobo, annflower1 and riccinumbers.
Test Subject
#323 Old 25th Aug 2012 at 5:18 PM
Desert Home Entry # 4

This time it has some CC, thank you MTS porkypine and Macarossi for your desert plants.

Front View:

Front Door View:

Back Door View:

Roof View:

Floor Plan View:

Hallway:

Study:

Bedroom:

Kitchen:

Living Room:

Bathroom:

I really enjoyed this competition, thank you QBuilderz.

Also I didn't know how to do anything with CFE so I just covered it up with floor tiles.

Cynthia
Test Subject
#324 Old 25th Aug 2012 at 7:18 PM
Round 4: The Cheshire Club
I have been wanting to do a community lot since round 1 and now I've finally managed to do so. Yay! This is the Cheshire Cat themed Cheshire Club, a dance club/lounge.

It seems the residents of Bridgeport thoroughly approved of my addition to the neighborhood since there were so many of them present on club's opening night. XD

Forum Resident
#325 Old 25th Aug 2012 at 10:02 PM
CreativeMommy1985, I'm sorry to hear your news. My condolences to you and your friend.

Fukothepixie, we'll be rooting for you to beat the clock!
And I think Q's lenient with the clock

Round 3 scores are not all in yet, but Q's the only one who can wrap it up & post them.
As it should be, RL comes 1st & Q started college this week.
I wish him best of luck and say enjoy this wonderful time in your life!
He'll be back as soon as he can.

Seriously, you guys are really rocking Round 4!
Great new entries here, everyone!

Page 13 of 16