1 people viewing
Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
#51 Old 24th Oct 2008 at 7:36 PM
Thank you so much for this. It is very much appreciated.

Don't be afraid to see what you see. Facts are stubborn things.
Advertisement
Test Subject
#52 Old 27th Jan 2009 at 10:20 PM
Thanks for this! It helped me out to change my Neighborhood picture.
Test Subject
#53 Old 29th Jul 2009 at 6:47 PM
I no this thread is old but what if you just want a picture randomly from the internet will it still work the same way????.....
#54 Old 29th Jul 2009 at 8:38 PM
I don`t see why not. I did this myself just a few days ago, and didn`t even know that this thread even existed until your post put it on the New Posts page. Any image ought to do, just make sure that it is saved in the right format and has the right name. I didn`t even bother to make the image the right size, and it still worked. Anything reasonably close to the right size should be good enough.

This Space Intentionally Left Blank
Test Subject
#55 Old 23rd Apr 2012 at 9:37 PM
Default Thank You!
Finally! I have a beautiful custom neighborhood that only shows as the blank screen, and I didn't know where the file was to change it until I read your thread! Thanks so much
Test Subject
#56 Old 23rd Sep 2013 at 1:26 PM
Thanks so much Mod_BV !!
I always wondered how to change that annoying graph terrain screen and thanks to you and your tutorial i have a wonderfull neighbourhood screen. Thanks Again!
Scholar
#57 Old 30th Oct 2014 at 10:27 PM
This is still a helpful mod! thanks

"If it's in you, it's got to come out."
Simblr
Inventor
#58 Old 1st Jun 2015 at 10:55 PM
Has anyone attempted to use a moving gif or will it not take gifs? If nobody's tried it, I can in a little while.
Lab Assistant
#59 Old 2nd Aug 2016 at 11:06 PM
Just wanted to say thank you for your very helpful tutorial. I wanted to change the picture for a new suburb and was able to do that with your turorial.
Sandya
Test Subject
#60 Old 21st Mar 2017 at 12:39 PM
Upping this because i'm lost..

I tried following all the steps from the original post, but run into problems.
I cant seem to find my neighborhood folder, that is supposed to be in (My Documents\EA Games\Neighborhoods) My custom neighborhoods name is Easton Hope but all it shows are two files called N001 and N002. When i open N002 i do see pictures of my own custom simmies so i assumed this was the right folder. So i took used that folder since a folder of Easton Hope can't be found anywhere, and followed the rest of the steps but it didn't do anything. I'm still stuck with a wobbly grid as neighborhood picture.

The neighborhood is a custom one, so downloaded from here and not from the game itself.
Anyone who can help me out?
Test Subject
#61 Old 18th Apr 2019 at 3:33 PM
thank you really works
Lab Assistant
#62 Old 27th Apr 2021 at 1:08 AM
Quote: Originally posted by mod_bv
For those people who admire spending their time to make a custom neighborhood and make it grow into an empire, but hate the blank screenshot this is for you. Credits to Delphy and MTS2 for making this site, Quaxi for making SimPE, and all the modders and creators here for making the site a success.

1. We can't do any change without a screenshot. First, go into The Sims 2 and take the screenshot. This is the screenshot I will use:

2. Now, you must go into your Storytelling folder (My Documents\EA Games\Storytelling) and copy the screenshot you just took.

3. After that, go to your Neighborhoods folder (My Documents\EA Games\Neighborhoods) and go to the neighborhood folder of choice.

4. Paste the screenshot you took in the neighborhood folder.

5. Now, open it in Paint. I used Paint for this tutorial because all Windows computers have it.

6. Go to ‘File…/Save As’ and click on the neighborhood menu screenshot.

7. When you press ‘Save’, you will get a warning message. Press ‘Yes’.

8. Now, go into The Sims 2 and you will see your new image in the main menu! You are done!

Note: It took me a long time to write this. Please post feedback.

UPDATED: A PDF is now here. Just download the rar file named Tut1.

If you use this tutorial, please support development of BV items and click the tiny thank you button. It is the MTS2 way of donating.

Please note - you are meant to take an in-game snapshot, not a "screenshot." Took me a minute to figure out what was meant.
Page 3 of 3