Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 11th Apr 2022 at 5:04 PM
Default Tweaking Birth
Hey everyone. Newb here. Modding is really scary so I would appreciate some help.
I'm trying to automatically give a new baby skills.
I have found a method called OnBirth in TelemetryStats.
How would I go about this? Should I use a delegate? Or override the method? I think I'm misunderstanding something.
Thanks for answering.
Advertisement
Space Pony
#2 Old 11th Apr 2022 at 8:13 PM
That method is simply a helper function for the telemetry that fires whenever a baby is born, so you probably don't want to update that directly.

What you'd want to do instead is create your own listener function that responds to the same event as OnBirth(), which is EventTypeId.kHadBaby. If you don't know how to create event listeners, the pure scripting tutorial here shows you how; you can just follow that guide and replace "kSimEnteredVacationWorld" with "kHadBaby".

Best of luck with your mod! Script mods may be daunting at first, but after a while they stop being so scary

"The Internet is the first thing that humanity has built that humanity doesn't understand, the largest experiment in anarchy that we have ever had." - Eric Schmidt

If you enjoy the mods I put out, consider supporting me on patreon: www.patreon.com/Gamefreak130