Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#1 Old 29th Jul 2018 at 8:52 AM
Default Fix for gain/loss of personal wealth
Has anyone ever fixed this? There's something very wrong with it right now, as my sim just earned 10,000 simoleons from a business but only 3000 personal wealth, but the code makes my eyes glaze over so I was kind of hoping someone else had done it.
Advertisement
Undead Molten Llama
#2 Old 29th Jul 2018 at 3:06 PM
I can honestly say I've never seen that happen, in all my many years of playing owned businesses, even when playing with no mods, so I don't think I have anything to "fix" this. Are you sure you don't have a mod that might've broken something? I mean, I know you make mods so you probably know what you're talking about but, like I said, I've never experienced what you're describing. Was the 10000 from a business perk or just the regular income from a business? If the latter, are you sure you're taking any expenses into account? (i.e, the cost of restocking or adding anything to the lot or employee wages?) Meaning, does the little "how much money my business made" meter show $10000 of PROFIT? If the business opened before midnight but stayed open past midnight, are you looking at the last TWO bars on that meter and adding up the profits/deficits? (Because the meters track 24-hour periods, if your business hours cross midnight, then the before-midnight cashflow will show on one bar while the after-midnight cashflow will show on the next.)

I'm mostly found on (and mostly upload to) Tumblr these days because, alas, there are only 24 hours in a day.
Muh Simblr! | An index of my downloads on Tumblr.
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#3 Old 29th Jul 2018 at 7:14 PM
This has always had this problem ever since I started using the date counter to keep track of earned wealth. It's definitely a problem with the money for restocking expensive items being deducted incorrectly, because it only starts to go out of whack if the sim owns a retail business. The income was regular income from running the retail business, but it was net income, so it took into account the cost of restocking items and paying employees. The income record on the business can keep track of this correctly, but the personal wealth token cannot. You can tell that there is obviously a bug because it starts to say things like "61 thousand, -2000 simoleons".
Undead Molten Llama
#4 Old 29th Jul 2018 at 8:29 PM Last edited by iCad : 29th Jul 2018 at 8:40 PM.
Ahhhh, by "personal wealth," I thought you were meaning the owner's household funds. Like, the business earned 10000 but the household funds only went up by 3000. In that case...Well, I've never been interested in tracking that sort of wealth, so I never noticed it. (The "Earn $100,000" LTW is one I reroll because it's either impossible in my regular neighborhoods with the way I play OR it's too easy in my age-modded neighborhoods. )

But I've also never seen this issue mentioned. Not that I've read every discussion out there, of course! But if it's truly not really been noticed, then I have a feeling a fix hasn't been made, either. My first impulse would be to say have a look at threads on MATY. I never read around there much because I don't like its general 'tude, and it is/was? the place where the more "heavy-hitter" modders tend(ed?) to hang out, so I'm going to say that if this has been discussed/fixed, then that's where it'll be.

EDIT: Also, have you eliminated the possibility that the "accounting error" is an issue with the date counter rather than the game itself? I'm guessing it isn't because the counter is probably just pulling numbers from something in the game itself, but...Well, it's a possibility.

I'm mostly found on (and mostly upload to) Tumblr these days because, alas, there are only 24 hours in a day.
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#5 Old 29th Jul 2018 at 8:44 PM
I've looked at the code in the date counter, all it does is read the values from the token and display them in a dialog. And, as far as I can tell based on when sims satisfy their "earn $$$" wants, the numbers it reports are accurate as far as the game is concerned.

MATY is pretty dead these days, and TS2 modding was dead on MATY long before that. That's part of the reason I moved over here, the other part being that I don't want anything more to do with MATY anyway.
Undead Molten Llama
#6 Old 29th Jul 2018 at 8:52 PM
Mmm, yeah, then the problem must be in the game somewhere. I was thinking maybe there'd been a discussion on MATY about it when TS2 was the only game in town, so to speak, but if you were a participant there, you'd probably have seen such a discussion. (I was never a participant there, just someone who'd go there, download a mod I needed, and then GTFO. ) So...I'm going to guess you've stumbled on something that no one else noticed or thought to fix or talk about. Which means you might have to deal with that code. My sympathies. I don't understand any of that stuff. Goes waaaaaaay over my head. I'm just a Photoshop monkey.

Mad Poster
Original Poster
#7 Old 29th Jul 2018 at 10:58 PM
Well, Photoshop is a mystery to me, so don't sell yourself short, there.
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#8 Old 7th Aug 2018 at 3:56 AM
Ok, I'm now convinced this has to do with the wholesale perk being misapplied.