Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Scholar
Original Poster
#1 Old 24th Jul 2018 at 2:55 PM
Default WCIF - A hack that stop visitors from taking the food
I find it annoying when my poorer family serve food for themself and then all visitors eat the food without permission, particular sims who bargain into the house or glutton themself with the fridge. I'm not sure if there are hacks exists to help dealing with this. Normally I just make them select-able and stop their queue and then stuff the dish into the active families inventories.

Does any hacks exist to make visitor stop believe they own the house themself?
IF you are so hungry, why don't you just LEAVE instead of taking the food which was meant for others?

Advertisement
Mad Poster
#2 Old 24th Jul 2018 at 3:17 PM
Is this invited visitors or people who just walk in?

Invited guests will take food helpings; it's kinda rude to invite someone over and then eat in front of them without offering them anything.

If you have uninvited guests barging in then that's a different problem.
Scholar
Original Poster
#3 Old 24th Jul 2018 at 3:33 PM
It's kinda both.
Personally I find it rude if its a family that's very poor (I use the hack that limit the servings and cost to cook the food instead of points) who make just enough food to keep their stomach full. If you barely don't have afford to pay for groceries, it's a bit difficult to offer a DOZEN of people a full meal, you know.

My family isn't exactly poor but here people basically come and goes and we don't always offer them a whole meal, simply because it was meant for the other family members and don't have enough supplies to offer food for EVERYone and I have relatives who actually take food in the fridge without asking so I can relate to the annoyance in sims. For example, my brother has his own house but he keep coming home taking ALL our milk without asking (and doesn't offer to pay anything). Sure he is a family member but its still frustrating for the family to constantly shop for groceries.
Meet Me In My Next Life
#4 Old 25th Jul 2018 at 1:18 AM
@Florentzina You can use the feature in the game that lock door allowing "ONLY" household to enter. If they are not part of the household they will not be able to just walk in.
Just those including pets who live there can come in, if you decide you want visitors in you can always unlock for them and then re-lock the doors.
If you have more than one door it's good to do them all, I always use that feature on all my Sims lots. I don't want uninvited Sims coming in.

"Nothing in life is a Surprise it just happen to come your way at the time".
Mad Poster
#5 Old 25th Jul 2018 at 3:46 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Florentzina
It's kinda both.
Personally I find it rude if its a family that's very poor (I use the hack that limit the servings and cost to cook the food instead of points) who make just enough food to keep their stomach full. If you barely don't have afford to pay for groceries, it's a bit difficult to offer a DOZEN of people a full meal, you know.

My family isn't exactly poor but here people basically come and goes and we don't always offer them a whole meal, simply because it was meant for the other family members and don't have enough supplies to offer food for EVERYone and I have relatives who actually take food in the fridge without asking so I can relate to the annoyance in sims. For example, my brother has his own house but he keep coming home taking ALL our milk without asking (and doesn't offer to pay anything). Sure he is a family member but its still frustrating for the family to constantly shop for groceries.

Oh nothing in the fridge is safe when my brother shows up. XD Mum has to specifically forbid him from eating stuff she wants.

We wouldn't sit down and eat dinner while guests watched though. We'd wait until they left if we weren't going to offer them any.
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#6 Old 25th Jul 2018 at 5:21 AM
Sims have no concept of very poor, so they are not going to think about that. Food out means food to be eaten. Perhaps put cooked meals into the more wealthy sims inventories so that when they arrive they are bringing a plate of food.

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~