Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 24th Jul 2016 at 6:54 PM
Default Thieving Hobo Challenge
After being kicked out by your parents for being "too old to live with them" you now must fend for yourself. Unfortunately you don't plan on getting a job, so what other way is there to make money and get furniture? STEAL IT!

How to begin:
Create 1 young adult sim with the kleptomaniac trait.
Move them onto an empty lot and take away all their money. (Use the cheat "money 'input number'" to remove your money")
If your sim gets hungry you can visit the nearby parks and hope someone makes some hot dogs.
If you sim gets sleepy they can nap on a bench
If your sim needs to use the restroom just go to the park restrooms.

Rules:
You may not purchase any furniture except a bed and kitchen/toiletries/tables. (These are not steal-able)
You must make money by selling stolen furniture.
To make stealing easier you may use the cheat "sims.remove_all_buffs" to help you steal things faster. (The moodlet for stealing prevents you from stealing for a while. You need to input "testingcheats on" before the remove buffs cheat.)
You may not get married for money
You can adopt a child, if you get the money to.
You cannot get a job.
You may only have 1 sim.

How it works
To get money you need to go to your neighbours homes and rob them! Steal expensive things and sell them to get some money going to build yourself some walls and put in some nice windows, doors and wall paper if you're feeling fancy!
Steal some nice furniture from your neighbours to start putting in your house so that you have a couch to sit on and a lamp to light the room with.
Have fun and try to get 50,000 to complete the challenge!

This is my first challenge so please tell me if you have any improvements or ideas for this challenge! Thanks
Advertisement
Test Subject
#2 Old 2nd Aug 2016 at 6:44 AM
Thanks for posting your challenge, I'm totally going to be using this in my challenge series!
Test Subject
#3 Old 4th Aug 2016 at 7:04 PM
Sounds good, but if you adopt a baby isn't that technically going over 1 sim?
Test Subject
Original Poster
#4 Old 10th Jun 2017 at 8:23 PM
Quote: Originally posted by bubbee
Sounds good, but if you adopt a baby isn't that technically going over 1 sim?

I meant active sim
So if you were to adopt a child you can't control them
Test Subject
#5 Old 7th Jul 2017 at 5:48 PM
Ok, so I just started this challenge like 10 minutes ago, and I was really confused because I wasn't able to steal ANYTHING from the neighbors house! But then I realized that you have to start the mischief skill in order to be able to swipe things. Hope I helped if you were confused too!
Test Subject
#6 Old 8th Jul 2017 at 1:20 AM
This is a BRILLIANT challenge, but there is the WORST ANNOYING BUG that makes everything you've stolen go into the house that you stole from's household inventory! There's no way to get it back!!! So honestly, if I were you, I wouldn't start this challenge until after EA fixes this bug :/