Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#1 Old 5th Apr 2013 at 5:36 AM

This user has the following games installed:

Sims 2, University, Nightlife, Open for Business, Pets, Seasons, Bon Voyage, Free Time, Apartment Life
Default Body Shop graphics went haywire
So, I've been reorganizing my downloads folder the past month, and some included clothes. It was working fine (moving clothes in and out of the folder to make organizing it better, finding the right meshes, etc) until today, it did this:

I've done everything I could think of to possibly fix it (short of reinstall, as all my CDs but AL are at home). I've restarted, I've deleted the cache files, I've removed the project, saved sims, and downloads folder, and it still does this. Sometimes the sim shows correctly, even if their thumbnail is invisible, others show up like this poor sim. Help please?

My LJ / My Simblr
Formerly known as ShadowsMystery
Advertisement
Née whiterider
retired moderator
#2 Old 5th Apr 2013 at 10:46 AM
Default MTS2 Staff Reply
  • General - Post System Specs
    We need more information before we can help with your issue.
    • Please post a Quick summary of your System Specs
      Instructions on finding them are here: Game Help:System Specswiki.
    • If you have Dual-graphics, please post your complete DxDiag report in your thread. And put in between [ spoiler ] specs here [ /spoiler ] tags (remove the spaces).

Do you ever see the same kinds of problems when you're actually playing TS2? Does this affect all sims? Does it also happen when you're browsing clothes etc. in Bodyshop?
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#3 Old 5th Apr 2013 at 11:56 AM Last edited by ShadowsMystery : 5th Apr 2013 at 1:13 PM.
Here you go:

I played the game to see if it was affected, and at first it seemed that way, as in one family, half their icons were blank, and one was missing a head. But once I had them change their clothes, their icons went back to normal and her head came back. In CAS, all the clothes were normal (unlike in Body Shop, where they were invisible and half showed up like the sim in the pic).

The one difference I did note in the game was that the neighborhood view looked like it switched to my Quadro card. The water was a solid blue and the grass was a weird grass texture (I don't run it off that card as it makes the game graphics weird due to being a CAD rendering card and isn't suited for game graphics). I'll see what it looks like when switched to the quadro.

*EDIT*
graphics were just as bad with the quadro, and now made it worse. The icons of some sims were either invisible or had weird polys in them, and polys were all over the screen, even when I had them change clothes. CAS remained mostly unaffected except 2 sim thumbnails were invisible (this due to being that they used cc and none of the cc was in the game atm). The floor of CAS turned to black briefly, but when I switched categories, it went back to normal.

I also did a recent BIOS update, but not sure if that changed anything graphic wise.

My LJ / My Simblr
Formerly known as ShadowsMystery
Test Subject
#4 Old 7th Feb 2016 at 6:26 AM
Default I solved this problem...
I solved this exact problem following this tutorial: http://www.leefish.nl/mybb/showthread.php?tid=5446

I downloaded a new file "graphicsRules.sgr" available on the site and then replace the old for the new in the latest expansion.

Top Secret Researcher
#5 Old 7th Feb 2016 at 9:44 AM
Quote: Originally posted by CHall10006
Yes that is correct, but you have to put GraphicsRules in all of your packs put it here for each pack you had

Do you? I only ever modify the latest EP, the one from which the game is running. Can I ask the source of your info about modifying ALL of the graphic rules files?