Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Instructor
Original Poster
#1 Old 25th Jul 2006 at 6:08 PM
Default Two very special friends 4-8 finally COMPLETED

WARNING: this story contains some mild hints to sex, nothing extreme, there won't be any sexual scene.

I know the title sucks, I'll change it when I can think of something better.
This is the story of my favourite sims, that i've spammed to death in Sims pictures forum. The main characters are Will, Chelsea and Dana. This is my first story, so be kind but if you have costructive criticism, I will be very glad to hear it. My english lacks in everyday vocabulary, so maybe something will sound strange, I'm sorry, my mother tongue is italian and I've never been to any english speaking country, I'm doing my best. The first chapter is more like an introduction, with very few pics, mainly to introduce the characters. Next chapters will have more pics, I promise Chapter two is written and I'm working on the pics. Now, if you've read this, thanks and enjoy my story

SOME CHARACTERS OF THIS STORY ARE UP FOR DOWNLOAD
Will Donovan http://forum.nipogames.com/showthread.php?t=145439
Chelsea Becker http://forum.nipogames.com/showthread.php?t=146004
Dana Donovan http://forum.nipogames.com/showthread.php?t=146005
Ethan Shermann http://forum.nipogames.com/showthread.php?t=145563

CHAPTER 1

Will Donovan and Chelsea Becker were friends. The had met at a fraternity party at college, slept together, but their relationship never turned into something romantic. They didn’t know why: they were both good-looking, smart, fun; he was three years older than her, but does age difference matter, and such a small one, too? Still, they were friends, best friends. They could talk to each other about anything, they liked having someone of the other gender to ask opinions and exchange point of views, especially about love life. In that unusually hot autumn night, sitting in Chelsea’s living room with loads of take-away food around them, they were talking about her neighbour, a cute guy named James, who was in love with her.

“I don’t know.. there’s nothing wrong with him, he’s handsome, he’s nice, he’s ok, definitely. Just, he’s too fond on me! It looks like he sees me as a sort of goddess, something perfect, which I’m not, at all. This was nice, at first, but now I’m starting to feell uncomfortable. Plus, I can’t fool him, I don’t feel for him the same he feels for me.” “You know what, Chels? You think too much about stuff… why don’t you just go and have fun with this guy who adores you?” “’Cause I don’t adore him!” “Who cares? He’ll get over it.” “Will Donovan, the most sensitive man on earth!” “I’m just honest!” He looked at the time on the dvd player display. “It’s 5 A.M. , I wonder if Dana is home yet.” “You’re not home yet, why should you worry about her? She’s 21, let her live her own life.”

Dana was Will’s younger sister. She had just graduated at college and was living at Will’s for a while, just the time to find a decent flat and a decent job to pay the rent with. Both her and Will had a huge money fund (they’re family was billionaire), but she didn’t want to use it. She was a very proud girl, and wanted to make it on her own. Will, though, had no problem with it. Officially he worked for the Donovan Corporation, but, practically, he received monthly a rich cheque to keep out of his office, and he loved it. Chelsea didn’t like Will’s way, though, and that was probably the reason she didn’t think about him as a possible boyfriend. She thought that life without a passion had no point at all. She had a passion, acting. She acted in some commercials, a bit of theatre and minor roles in a couple minor films, so she wasn’t really making it into the show-business, but at least she made her living out of it. And, to be honest, a part time job as a waitress, but still, she was doing what she liked doing. She couldn’t imagine two people more different than her and Will, but she still loved him, in a friendly way of course. Yet, sometimes, especially when he smiled, her heart would beat like crazy and she couldn’t keep her eyes out of his. However, this would pass soon, because in a moment he would say something stupid, or insensitive, or shallow, and the feeling would pass, and she would consider it a normal consequence of having a great-looking best friend.
1 users say thanks for this. (Who?)
Advertisement
Sarcastic Evil Muppet
retired moderator
#2 Old 25th Jul 2006 at 6:10 PM
Nice start, I look forward to seeing more
Lab Assistant
#3 Old 25th Jul 2006 at 6:12 PM
yeah, another story! nice looking simmies, I look forward to more
Test Subject
#4 Old 25th Jul 2006 at 6:18 PM
great start
looking forward for an update
#5 Old 25th Jul 2006 at 6:19 PM
Good Start!,
The sims are pretty too :P
Lab Assistant
#6 Old 25th Jul 2006 at 6:38 PM
The sims are gorgeous. I would love to see more. Please update!

~Kitty

"Think twice before you speak, and then you may be able to say something more insulting than if you spoke right out at once."

By Evan Esar (1899 - 1995), Esar's Comic Dictionary
Field Researcher
#7 Old 25th Jul 2006 at 7:24 PM
Oh, this looks promising! :P

I like this Will guy. Rich and handsome.

I hope to see an update soon.

"Euphobia- Fear of hearing good news."
Doctor: Good news - you are completely healthy!
Patient: NNNNOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!! [collapses and dies of chok]

http://www.iduniq.com - your own, personal unique ID - join the wave; I'm #3013 :D
retired moderator
#8 Old 25th Jul 2006 at 7:32 PM
Good start! Bring on the next chapter! :D

bP

Formerly known as boolPropped
Theorist
#9 Old 25th Jul 2006 at 10:11 PM
Interesting start! Looking forward to seeing what comes next! :3dcool:
Instructor
Original Poster
#10 Old 25th Jul 2006 at 10:15 PM
Thank you1 i was a bit nervous about how you would have liked it, I'm glad you did. I just have to take a couple of shots, I'll probably update tomorrow as the latest. As I said, the text for chapter 2 is ready. And, if someone as ideas for a better title, I'll definitely accept suggestions.
#11 Old 26th Jul 2006 at 12:11 AM
Is Will Donovan going to be gay?
Instructor
Original Poster
#12 Old 26th Jul 2006 at 12:14 AM
Quote: Originally posted by simsdrama
Is Will Donovan going to be gay?

Definitely no, Will is 100 % straigth.
Instructor
Original Poster
#13 Old 26th Jul 2006 at 2:03 PM
Default Chapter 2
Dana was a graduated journalist, but still, it wasn’t easy for her to find a job where they would take her for her talents and not for her family name. She had tried at many different newspapers and magazines, but every single interviewer was more interested on her name than on her curriculum. She hated being born rich. Sure, she had the best education, private school, prestigious college and all, but what was it for? She could have spent her youth hanging around at parties, taking drugs and dating drunken guitarists and she would have found a job just the same, just because she was a Donovan! Most girls of her age would have loved this, but she didn’t. She was smart, very intelligent, she’s been editor of the college paper for 2 years, worked in summer stages for many important papers, but everything they saw was just her bloody last name.

The SimCity Times used to be the most important paper in town , but now it was failing. The owner and editor, Owen Brigham, was old and odd, and the people who worked for him was a group of young people who didn’t do anything to whole day. Nevertheless, Dana sent her CV in and she had a job interview fixed the day after. She put on her suit and went to see mister Brigham, without any expectations at all. He was nice, in his own odd way. She appreciated the fact that he never pronounced her last name, he always called her miss Dana. “So, miss Dana, your CV is quite impressing for someone as young as you. I’ve read some of your articles, they’re very well written. If you want, the job is yours. You can start Monday.” “Why, thanks, mister Brigham, I accept the job with pleasure. Just want to make sure… you’re not taking me because I’m a Donovan, are you” Brigham laughed, for no reason Dana could understand. “I know who your father is, and trust me, I’d never employ her daughter if she wasn’t the most talented young girl I’ve ever met.” “Thank you, mister Brigham, see you Monday. ” She went out the building feeling happy and satisfied. She had to tell someone, and that someone had to be her brother.

“Chelsea?” she turned to see James calling her “Hi Jim, what’s up?” “Oh, nothing, I just wondered… whether you were free, tonight at dinner.” “I’m afraid I’m not, I’m working… did you something special in mind?” “No, actually… no… You know what? You don’t miss anything, really. I’m broke, so I could have offered you a burger at most” He looked sad and disappointed. Chelsea shook her head, sat on the steps and offered him to sit next to her.” James, I do know what you feel for me, and you’re lovely… but I’m not worth it! I can’t stand seeing you so sad!” “Look, if I want to be sad, I’ll be sad. And why aren’t you worth it?” She paused. She didn’t want to tell him she didn’t feel anything particular for him, because he would be even more sad. “Well… look at me! You look great, you can have every girl in the word, heiresses, Victoria’s secrets models… seriously, I’m not worth you! Look at my nose, it’s huge! And …” “Chels, stop it, okay? I’m no idiot. If you don’t like me, just tell me straight, I’ll face it” He had a very serious look on his face, she couldn’t help being honest “I don’t like you in a romantic way… but I do like you as a friend.” “Perfect. It’s not that difficult being honest, is it? Bye, Chelsea.” He got up and went back into his flat. She kept sitting for a while, than she got up to and went off to work.

“A job? Great, honey, you deserved it! SimCity Times? But that paper is failing, nobody reads it! Ok, ok, I’ll shut up.. see, we need to celebrate, I’m getting some wine and we’ll have some take-away sushi… OK? Bye Dana. “ So Dana had found a job. Somebody else had found their way in life. And she was only 21! Chelsea too, she was 24 and knew perfectly what she wanted to do, and was doing it. She wasn’t a celeb actress, but who cares? She was spending her time as she liked it, and she was happy. What about him. A 27-year-old that spent his day hanging around, sometimes helping his father, but most of the times doing nothing. He just couldn’t find something he liked doing.. He felt useless, really, but he couldn’t tell this to anyone. Chelsea especially. He was so ashamed of himself, he couldn’t let the person he cared more in the world know this, he wanted her to see him as a self-confident, satisfied man. So, he acted like he didn’t care, like he did like his life as it was, while he didn’t, at all. Once, about three years before, he was in love. He tried to kiss her, but she rejected him, looking at him like he was mad. Fortunately, he was drunk, so he gave all the faults to alcohol, but he really was heart-broken by her refusal. Eventually, he got over his crush for her, but still something stayed inside of him, something that made him understand why that James guy saw her as a goddess, but also made him want to kill off that James guy.

He bought a bottle of white Italian wine and, while he was walking back to his car, he saw a flower shop. “Maybe I should get Dana some flowers, I’ve been pretty rude on the phone.” He went in. the first thing he noticed was all the pink that was around. The second thing he noticed was the beautiful shop-assistant. She was tall, had a nice body, black hair and dark blue eyes. “May I help you?” she said. “Yeah, I think so. I wanted some flowers. ” she smiled gently, while he realized he ahd said something obvious and stupid “That’s what flower shops are for. Are they for your girlfriend?” This was Will’s turn to smile, his hot, killer smile “Are you trying to ask me if I have a girlfriend or not?” “Well, I suppose you do have a girlfriend. I don’t get to meet a lot of single men working in a flower shop” “You’ve just met one. Will Donovan, and the flowers are for my sister.” They shook hands, he knew she liked him. “Emma Shephard, nice to meet you. What are your sister’s favourite flowers?”

Lab Assistant
#14 Old 26th Jul 2006 at 3:52 PM
I bet they get together. :D

~Kitty

"Think twice before you speak, and then you may be able to say something more insulting than if you spoke right out at once."

By Evan Esar (1899 - 1995), Esar's Comic Dictionary
Theorist
#15 Old 26th Jul 2006 at 7:16 PM
Good update! Yeah, I hope Emma and Will get together. Looking forward to your next update! :3dcool:
Scholar
#16 Old 26th Jul 2006 at 7:22 PM
Good so far
looking forward to more

Please note - I'm not taking any requests at the moment.

You may include my items in your uploads but please credit with a link to either the object or my creator page please.

My Sims 2 videos
#17 Old 26th Jul 2006 at 9:23 PM
good story i liked reading it i'll rate it
Instructor
Original Poster
#18 Old 27th Jul 2006 at 7:51 AM
Thanks guys. I don't know how much it will take for chapter 3, I'm positive not much. I'm still writing it, but I have some ideas in my mind.
Instructor
Original Poster
#19 Old 29th Jul 2006 at 12:47 PM
Default Chapter 3

“No. N-O- Which part of that don’t you understand?” “Oh, come on! You can’t refuse to help me! And when was your last date anyway?” “That was so mean!” Chelsea got up and went to get herself something to drink. Will followed her, there was no way he would give up. Emma had agreed to go on a date with him if he brought along a girl for her best friend. Who better than Chelsea? She was single, she was beautiful, she hadn’t had a date for a while. In fact, more than pursuing his own interest he was helping her. And she should have been grateful, instead of making such a fuss!

“Look, there’s Dana! She’s single too, ask her!” Dana, who was going at work, just looked at them and said “I can’t, I have to work, whatever you wanted to ask me.” Then she took her car keys and went out. Will served himself a drink “I couldn’t have asked her anyway, I can’t bring my sister on a date. I don’t like much the idea of her having dates anyway. If I can avoid her having one, it’s for the best. Chels, please, you’re my last hope.” She sighed. “Ok, I’ll do it. I’ll go to that stupid date with you. I haven’t had a date for a while anyway.”

Dana was at her desk working when mister Brigham approached her “May I have a word with you, miss Dana?” “Sure thing. About what?” She was still in her first week in that job, so she was quite nervous and afraid of doing something wrong. “I observed you, Dana, you’re smart, you’re passionate, you’re the right person. I want to persuade my son to work for me.” “Do you really have a son?” “Sure, why not?” “Well, you don’t look like someone who has children.” “But I do. His name is Adrian, he’s about your age and he’s a really good photographer, but refuses to work for the Simcity Times. He lives downstairs, I want you to talk to him and tell him he should accept the job.” “Ok, but why me? And why it’s so important?” “I’m not getting any younger, actually I’m getting really old: let’s face it, I could die in a moment. I want him to raise the paper from failure and keep it in family. And I choose you… because you’re pretty and he can’t resist pretty girls.” “I understand. I accept the mission, sir!”

She had to ring the bell twice for Adrian Brigham to open the door. Eventually, he showed up, and he was not what she expected. “Are you Adrian Brigham?” “Yes, I am, and you must be the new journalist dad just employed. Wow, you’re hot!” “Thanks. May I come in?” “Sure” They sat on the sofa, “You’re quite surprised, are you?” “I just thought Brigham’s son would be more… tanned.” “I’m not his natural son. My mother married him when she was pregnant with me. My natural father had run away, my mother used to describe him with words a child should never hear.” “I understand her… anyway, I’m told you’re a great photographer, why don’t you work for the paper? You know, some day, all this can be yours.” “And this is what you came for, right? Persuading me to work for my dad?” “Kind of.” He got up “Follow me.” “What’s up?” “Nothing. You’re so beautiful I want to take you some photos.”

“Ok, Dana, show me your smile!” He had her wear a formal dress he had in a costumes trunk and strike a pose. “You’re stunning, the camera loves you, have you ever thought about modelling?” “Modelling? Sure! That’s what I spent four years on books for at college, for walking on a runwaysalmost naked! No thanks, modelling is not for me.” “Wow, you’re a though girls, aren’t you?” “Definitely. Why don’t you want to work with your father?” He took the pic, the flsh lightened up the room. “I could make you the same question, miss Donovan” “It’s very different.” “Yes? How?” She didn’t know what to say, so she kept silent.

The date was going fine – at least for Will and Emma. Chelsea had to deal with an egocentric guy who just wanted to get her to his bedroom. She could clarly see the differences between him and Will: Will looked at Emma straight in the eye, he obviously had sex in mind but he could hide it really well. Besides, she thought with a bit of envy, he seemed really interested in her and what she said. That Cole guy, whom she was the spend the date with… he kept talking about himself, and how women liked his long blonde hair, and his basketball games, and this and that. When he wasn’t talking, he was looking at her, but not in the eye… she wished she wore a burka, but he would probably be staring at her breasts just the same.

Later they went dancing. Cole asked her to dance with him, but she refused. That wasn’t a problem for him, apparently. He did his “sexy” dance to impress the ladies in the room, but the only impression that he gave to Chelsea was that he was an idiot. She tried to force herself not to look at Will, but she couldn’t help it. He was holding Emma in a romantic dance, they seemed so cute together that they made Chelsea nervous. She spotted a sitting area and went there, but she couldn’t stay alone for a long time.

[font=&quot]“Hey babe, don’t you like my sexy dance?” said Cole sitting next to her “And you call that sexy? Do you really think you’re sexy? Has it ever crossed your mind that you could be just an idiot?” “Wow, honey, jealousy is killing you!” “First thing, don’t you dare calling me honey, babe or names like that. Second, I’m not jealous of anyone.” “Aren’t you jealous of you’re friend? Come on, I’m not blind, you like him, don’t you?” “Oh shut up, you don’t know me!” In that moment Will and Emma joined them. They had some conversation for a while, then the couple, the happy one, started making out. Chelsea had to admit, she actually was jealous, for no reason in the world- it was Will, her friend, not her boyfriend. Cole whispered in her ear “Hey, if you want to take revenge on him, I can help you”

She took a look at Will and Emma, and felt a sudden anger growing inside of her. “Fine.” She said “Let’s go at my place.”

“I’ve found it, Adrian!” Dana said. It was 3 A.M. they had spent the whole night talking. They were very much alike, shared interests, and seemed to enjoy mostly the same thing. Adrian showed her some of his photographs and he was really talented. And handsome, she had to add. “You’ve found what?” “The difference between me not wanting to work with my father and you not wanting to work with yours. My father is all about the money, he loves it, there’s no passion in what he does, the passion is just for money, and this is so pathetic. But your father loves his job, even though it does only bring in enough for living. It would be a waste, you know, if all this should be gone at his death.” “You’re probably right. By the way, I’ve decided to work for him. Great job, you persuaded me.” “Really? How?” “By being so nice and beautiful. If my job includes seeing you everyday, I love my job.” She smiled, he was flattening her, but she liked it. “Listen, Dana, it’s very late… why don’t you stay overnight? I mean, you sleep in the bed, and I sleep here, on the sofa.” “Yes, that would be the best. But stay on your sofa, young man!”
Scholar
#20 Old 29th Jul 2006 at 4:51 PM
Great update,
I'm enjoying reading,
and will he be the perfect gentleman and stay on the sofa?

Please note - I'm not taking any requests at the moment.

You may include my items in your uploads but please credit with a link to either the object or my creator page please.

My Sims 2 videos
Test Subject
#21 Old 29th Jul 2006 at 5:16 PM
great update
Field Researcher
#22 Old 29th Jul 2006 at 8:20 PM
What a super update! And, oh, your sims are so gorgeous! My sims tend to look so much alike, but yours... well, they have personality also because of their looks. That's so cool.

Hopes for another update in not too long.

"Euphobia- Fear of hearing good news."
Doctor: Good news - you are completely healthy!
Patient: NNNNOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!! [collapses and dies of chok]

http://www.iduniq.com - your own, personal unique ID - join the wave; I'm #3013 :D
#23 Old 29th Jul 2006 at 8:48 PM
great story, can`t wait for an update!
Instructor
Original Poster
#24 Old 30th Jul 2006 at 10:57 AM
Thanks guys, I had fun writing this. And thanks for the compliments on my sims, Vinnie, I appreciate them a lot. Will and Dana are born in game, so the only thing about their looks I can claim is that I created their parents, but I made the others. I always try to give them something different from each other, like in Chelsea, her features are not perfect but she wouldn't be the same if they were perfect.
Instructor
Original Poster
#25 Old 5th Aug 2006 at 12:13 PM
Default Chapter 4
A week had passed from the double date, and Chelsea felt horrible for having spent the night with Cole. Jealousy or not, sleeping with people she didn’t like and considered useless wasn’t in her policy, she couldn’t accept it, yet she had done it just the same. Moreover, that jealousy had no reasons to exist: can you be jealous of your friend? A friend she had no romantic prospective with, even if she’d wanted, ‘cause know he was dating Emma, and, as much as she knew, everything was going fine. Besides, Will seemed to treat her in a slightly different way. He was still nice and fun, but he looked for her less often, he would no more make her those innocent cuddles she was used to, small things she missed a lot. She tried to convince herself she was a paranoid, that it was just because he had a girlfriend now and it’s not nice to call a female friend twice a day if you have a girlfriend, let alone, hugging her as he used to do.. She tried to make up her mind, it seemed reasonable, but it annoyed her just the same. The jealousy that started growing in her that night didn’t go away, it grew bigger and bigger.

That Saturday Will was to introduce Emma to his father, he had said it was better to wait, but she had insisted. Chelsea had a clue she had already her bridal gown in her closet, and still, this desire to meet Eric Donovan wouldn’t do any good. Tall, elegant, 70 years old with a great dignity: he was a massive figure, the same blue eyes of his children, but without Dana’s sweetness or Will’s charm. His eyes were like ice. He had with his children a relationship more similar to employer/employee than father/kid, he never hugged or caressed them, he wouldn’t even let them call him dad. And since his wife died when the kids were 5 and 11, Dana and Will grew up counting only on each other.

Will had asked her to join him and Emma for this lunch, ‘cause she could make his father act like a normal human being, and she had accepted: she would have preferred a date whit Hitler rather than see Emma and Eric, but she had not seen Will for four days and she missed him. That morning he showed up early and with a strange air about him “Hi, pretty guy, wasn’t it for eleven?” He didn’t even look at her, went to the living room and sat on the couch, keeping silent. She sat next to him and took his hand into hers. He let her do it, which made her happy. “We’re not going.” “Really? Why?” “Emma dumped me.” That was a surprise. Chelsea tried hard to feel sorry, but she could actually feel sorry only for Will’s expression and not for the fact itself. “What happened? It looked like everything was going fine.” He bit his lip, looked into her eyes for a second and then looked at his shoes. “I’d rather not talk about it for the moment” “Don’t worry, you’ll tell me when and if you want to. But remember I’m here for you, always.” He got up. “I’ve told Dana I wasn’t going, but I didn’t explain her why. You’re the only one who knows about it.” She got up too and hugged him. “Yeah, you can’t meet your father in this situation. You know what? We’ll go hanging out. Let me just take my purse.”

“Tell me again why your brother, his girlfriend and his lovely friend are not here.” “I’ve told you, Eric, I don’t know! He just told me he wasn’t coming, and he had such an expression… I didn’t feel like asking him why” In that moment Dana was hating Will: leaving her alone with the old man and his current wife! At least she was better than the last one and she had interrupted the age decrease trend (Lauren was 35, Veronica, the previous wife, was 22), because if it kept on he would end up marrying a junior high little girl. Since her mother’s death (she couldn’t remember much about her mother, really) Eric had had 9 wives. The charm he had in his youth was gone, but he still had the charm of money.[/font]“So, Dana, when will you start working for me?” “Well…” “You can’t say no, I’ve got the ideal work for you. I’m gettino into publishing, I’m about to buy a failing newspaper; I want you to renew it and turn it tinto something that brings money.” Dana had a suspicion, a terrible suspicion “Eric, this newspaper… is it the SimCity Times?” “Yes, it is. Do you know it?” “I work there!”

She threw her napkin into the round and got up. Her father did the same. “You don’t know what that paper means, you don’t know it! It’s what mister Brigham had been working on his whole life, he won’t sell it easily and you know what? I support him!” “Great! You can support a complete stranger but not your father! I’m offering you a fantastic chance, do you realize it?” “I don’t give a damn of your fantastic chance, I’ll never work for you, got it? NEVER!” She ran upstairs, in the room that once was hers. The discussion wasn’t finished, it couldn’t, she knew that when things like this happened, his father called on a family meeting.

It had been a perfect day for Will and Chelsea. They had eaten in a Mexican restaurant, then they hanged out in town. Chelsea had forced Will to do some shopping, but he had fun in that too. And now they were sitting in the park, cuddling like a couple, everything was the same again. “Do you want to know it?” asked Will “What?” “The reason why Emma dumped me.” “I want to know it if you want to tell me.” Like in the morning, Will bit his lip, looked into her eyes for a second and then looked at his shoes: it was something he was very uneasy about. “See, this week I thought a lot about you. About you and Cole. I know, it’s been just a one night stand, an error, but the thought of you and him… together… I have to admit, it makes me mad with anger. That’s the reason why I’ve been so cold to you, I’m so sorry “Hun, that’s all right. But I can’t see why this is the reason of your break up with Emma” “Indirectly. I told you, you were always in my mind, so… well, I called her with your name.” “While…” “No, not while. We were watching the TV, she eas talking about something I couldn’t care less, so I just pretended to listen to her, nodding at times and saying something general, while my mind was concentrated on CSI Miami. And I find myself telling her –you’re right, Chelsea-” “Why did she take it so bad? You were lost in your thinking.” “And that’s the worst part. She says that I only have you in my mind, that I want you to be my girlfriend.” “Is this true?” “Well…” in that moment Will’s mobile phone rang.

“Ok, Chels, that’s the moment, let’s run.” Will tried to reach for the car, but Chelsea gently stopped him. “Come on, everything will be fine, I’m with you.” “Family meeting. As much as Eric adores you, you’ll have to stay in the living room with Lauren. Speaking about her, did you know Lauren’s previous name was John?” “That’ll be an interesting conversation topic. Let’s go.”

The Donovans were in the upstairs study, while Chelsea was in the living room with Lauren, as will had expected. “So: you, Eric, want to buy the paper Dana works in, but you, Dana, don’t want this to happen. Is this the brief version of it?” ”Exactly!” said Dana and Eric together. “Interesting dilemma, but the question is: what’s my role in it?” “What’s your role? What’s your role? Your role is making this old man understand that he has to respect other people’s hard work!” “But Dana, it could have been worse… if you’re to manage it you can keep things as they’re now.” “Do you really think so? If you do, you’re stupid, because this person wants to use me as a puppet, with him moving the strings, and I can’t accept this! I’m not like you, I don’t act like a faithful doggie otherwise he would cut your money!”

“Who’s the doggie?” “You! Can’t you see it? You’re a parasite, a useless being, someone that will never do anything good in his life!” “Oh really? But this parasite, this useless being who will never do anything good in his life is giving you somewhere to live, because you’re too damn proud to use the money Eric gave you!” “Even if I wanted to use it I couldn’t, I can’t use it like I want until I’m 25. But you know what? I’ll find somewhere else to live, somewhere that’s neither here or your place. Don’t wait for me, because I won’t come home!” “Fine!” Dana went out slamming the door, while Eric came closer to Will to put is arm around his shoulder.

“Good boy, I knew you would have been at my side.” “Do. Not. Touch. Me. Don’t touch me. I’m not at your side, actually I think you’re wrong in this fight. [/font][font=&quot]Dana should be more flixible, but you should be much less damn opportunist.” He shrugged his father’s arm away from him e went out of the room, slamming the door like Dana did. A moment later he opened it again. “You can’t blackmail me with taking my money away. I’m 27, it’s legally my money. Find another way, I’m sure you can.” He slammed the door again.

“I can’t imagine the drama going on up there. I’d like to have peep.” Oh, no, dear, the Donovans are terrible when they fight. Leave them alone, it’s better.” Lauren was nice, kind; Chelsea couldn’t help asking herself why she married Eric, she didn’t seem so fond of money. Maybe Donovan senior had some inner charms. Her gossip-lover side, though, made her ask herself if Eric knew about Lauren’s… cut. The old man never looked like a tolerant guy to her. “Chelsea, dear.. I have a simple curiosità to ask you, I know it’s not my business but… what kind of relationship do you and Will have?” “You know it, we’re friends.” “Ok, I’ve put the question in the wrong way.. what kind of relationship do you and Will REALLY have?” “We’re friends, really! Nothing more!” “Ok, let’s analyse today’s situation. I’m expecting for lunch my husband’s son, his girlfriend and his friend, which is strange enough to me. They don’t come, and when Eric calls Will, he shows up with you but not his girlfriend. That’s odd, isn’t it? Moreover, I’ve noticed how you looked at him while he was going upstairs.” “You can’t say it wasn’t a nice view… don’t you ever look at handsome guys? Will’s handsome and I look at him, what’s wrong with it? It doesn’t mean I’m in love with him” “Have I said something about love? ” she winked at Chelsea, like she had made her admit something she didn’t want to admit. This was where the conversation stopped, because in that moment Will got into the room with an angry face, took Chelsea’s arm and dragged her out of the house.

They had gone directly to Will’s place. He had offered to take her home, but he was in such a mood that Chelsea didn’t feel like living him alone, she was afraid he would have done something crazy. It turned out it was a good choice, because she was able to stop him after his second drink offering him a massage. “I’m not surprised about my father, I never really expected anything from him, but Dana! She said terrible things about me, and the worst part of it is they’re all true!” “They’re not, at all!” “Come on! You know they are!” “No, they aren’t! Maybe it’s true you haven’t done anything special in your life yet, but you have plenty of time. And still, you’re a wonderful person, always ready to help other people.. I don’t know what I would do without you.” He drew closer to her and hugged her. “This evening, in the park.. you asked me a question, I was answering, but then my father called and all this mess happened, we didn’t have a chance to talk about it. Do you want to hear the answer?” “Sure” “Every time I think about getting closer to you, something deeper than a friendship I get scared, I don’t think I could stand another refusal” “Another? When did I refuse you?” “Three years ago, at that party, do you remember?” “Yeah, you tried to kiss me, but you were drunk” “Not so drunk” “Does this mean..” “Yeah, I really wanted to kiss you, as I do now.” She smiled, caressed his hair and kissed him.

Page 1 of 8