Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 4th May 2019 at 12:36 AM Last edited by McSpanky : 4th May 2019 at 1:27 AM.

This user has the following games installed:

Sims 2, University, Nightlife, Open for Business, Pets, Seasons, Bon Voyage, Free Time, Apartment Life
Default Please help
I still can't find a fix for my crashing for the ultimate collection. What happens is that when it crashes my monitor loses signal and the sound distorts. I'm using windows 10

What i tried
-used the graphics rule maker
-applied the 4gb patch and made sure it was working by using TheJessaChannel's tutorial
-used the standby memory exe that she recommended and made a task for it for every 5 mins
-using a no cd ex so i don't have to use origin
-ran the game in compatibility mode with different modes
-checked to see of my GPU is overheating and it not
-turned v sync on in both the game and card setting
-updated my drivers

I don't know whats causing the issue. the Sims 4 works perfectly fine. I have mods and hacks installed but they shouldn't be causing this type pf crash. I used the Hack Conflict detector and there was conflicts but I read that most conflicts might be the issue. i made sure that what I have didn't conflict anything.

I attached my config log text file
Attached files:
File Type: txt  DESKTOP-L1OJ2SN-config-log.txt (10.3 KB, 10 downloads)
Advertisement
Mad Poster
#2 Old 4th May 2019 at 12:40 AM Last edited by simmer22 : 4th May 2019 at 12:57 AM.
Don't use compability mode (not sure about admin mode, but my game seemed to run better without) if you use the 4GB patch. They can interfere with each other.

Normally the game would just crash to the desktop or give you an error message saying it crashed.

The speaker/monitor issue sounds suspicious, and could be a software/hardware problem (I've had a similar issue on my old laptop where the monitor occasionally starts pixellating, the monitor sends out a very unnerving sound, and the laptop turns unresponsive and needs a restart. I've also had bluescreens, or crashes/blackouts that makes it restart - But that laptop is rather old and runs Win7, and except for a few repeating patterns with certain programs, I still have no idea what causes it. I do suspect it's either a hardware or Windows issue on my end, but for you it would depend on the age and usage of your computer. You may want to check for loose cords and such just to make sure it's not something easily fixable).
Test Subject
Original Poster
#3 Old 4th May 2019 at 1:20 AM
Quote: Originally posted by simmer22
Don't use compability mode (not sure about admin mode, but my game seemed to run better without) if you use the 4GB patch. They can interfere with each other.

Normally the game would just crash to the desktop or give you an error message saying it crashed.

The speaker/monitor issue sounds suspicious, and could be a software/hardware problem (I've had a similar issue on my old laptop where the monitor occasionally starts pixellating, the monitor sends out a very unnerving sound, and the laptop turns unresponsive and needs a restart. I've also had bluescreens, or crashes/blackouts that makes it restart - But that laptop is rather old and runs Win7, and except for a few repeating patterns with certain programs, I still have no idea what causes it. I do suspect it's either a hardware or Windows issue on my end, but for you it would depend on the age and usage of your computer. You may want to check for loose cords and such just to make sure it's not something easily fixable).

My computer is only a few years old. So if I got the game to read my audio info it should work?
It only seems to do this with TS2. Everything else runs fine.
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#4 Old 4th May 2019 at 1:21 AM
You may want to open your file in Gimp or someplace and remove your real name since that is showing to all.

^ Don't use compatibility mode, you will see Jessa says that on the thread. This does something to the 4 GB patch.

Did you do the graphics rules in both the Config and CSConfig folders?

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~
Test Subject
Original Poster
#5 Old 4th May 2019 at 1:24 AM
Quote: Originally posted by joandsarah77
You may want to open your file in Gimp or someplace and remove your real name since that is showing to all.

^ Don't use compatibility mode, you will see Jessa says that on the thread. This does something to the 4 GB patch.

Did you do the graphics rules in both the Config and CSConfig folders?

I just used the graphic rules maker
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#6 Old 4th May 2019 at 1:34 AM
You have to make sure its the same in both places, but AMD Radeon R7 240 is a very poor card and I think that is the source of your trouble.
https://benchmarks.ul.com/hardware/...n+R7+240+review

If using that I would use no CC and put settings low.

When I first got this computer back in February I had a Radeon card. I updated the drivers and it broke my game. if I removed all my cc it could save, but if I added even 2 GIG it would crash horribly. Take a look: http://www.modthesims.info/showthre...542#post5378542 stuff of nightmares.

I switched to a NVIDEA 1050IT and this all cleared up. I did other stuff as well but it was definitely the Radeon card.

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~
Test Subject
Original Poster
#7 Old 4th May 2019 at 1:39 AM
You have to make sure its the same in both places, but AMD Radeon R7 240 is a very poor card and I think that is the source of your trouble.
https://benchmarks.ul.com/hardware/...n+R7+240+review

If using that I would use no CC and put settings low.

When I first got this computer back in February I had a Radeon card. I updated the drivers and it broke my game. if I removed all my cc it could save, but if I added even 2 GIG it would crash horribly. Take a look: http://www.modthesims.info/showthre...542#post5378542 stuff of nightmares.

I switched to a NVIDEA 1050IT and this all cleared up. I did other stuff as well but it was definitely the Radeon card.

but i can run the Sims 3 and 4 with no problems though. If it was my card, neither of those would run the game
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#8 Old 4th May 2019 at 1:51 AM
I would be very careful also of running 3 and 4 on that card. if you are straining it you will be wearing it out faster than intended. You can see the review, unfortunately, that card is crap. It may be in how the game works, perhaps 3 and 4 draw resources differently I don't know.

Try removing all your sims 2 cc except for essential mods (mods that stop the game breaking) Turn down all your settings as an experiment. Tell us what happens then.

~Call me Jo~
Test Subject
Original Poster
#9 Old 4th May 2019 at 3:05 AM
I would be very careful also of running 3 and 4 on that card. if you are straining it you will be wearing it out faster than intended. You can see the review, unfortunately, that card is crap. It may be in how the game works, perhaps 3 and 4 draw resources differently I don't know.

Try removing all your sims 2 cc except for essential mods (mods that stop the game breaking) Turn down all your settings as an experiment. Tell us what happens then.

i think i found the issue, the graphic rule weren't the same in both files.
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#10 Old 4th May 2019 at 4:33 AM
That could do it, but be careful on that card, treat it gingerly.

~Call me Jo~
Scholar
#11 Old 4th May 2019 at 3:48 PM
that GPU is somewhat between NVidia GT 630 and GT 640, it's low budget solution, but let's not be ridiculous. The actual problem may be drivers (if the machine has no problems on it's own, isn't that one of these Lenovo desktops?) because ATI dropped DX9 support lately, so you have to play with DX11 through DX12 (Win10 native) compatibility. There may be ofc problem with Windows 10 actual state on this machine.

If the CPU is not AMD one try run the game on iGPU (that embedded in the CPU), just for test. Make a clean run, let the game populate it's folders and config files, play a moment, then try the same with CC. Is this happens with other software too? There may be hardware problem, just CTD of one 32 bit app should not kill your sound & video output.

favorite quote: "When ElaineNualla is posting..I always read..Nutella. I am sorry" by Rosebine
self-claimed "lower-spec simmer"
Test Subject
Original Poster
#12 Old 4th May 2019 at 4:10 PM
Quote: Originally posted by ElaineNualla
that GPU is somewhat between NVidia GT 630 and GT 640, it's low budget solution, but let's not be ridiculous. The actual problem may be drivers (if the machine has no problems on it's own, isn't that one of these Lenovo desktops?) because ATI dropped DX9 support lately, so you have to play with DX11 through DX12 (Win10 native) compatibility. There may be ofc problem with Windows 10 actual state on this machine.

If the CPU is not AMD one try run the game on iGPU (that embedded in the CPU), just for test. Make a clean run, let the game populate it's folders and config files, play a moment, then try the same with CC. Is this happens with other software too? There may be hardware problem, just CTD of one 32 bit app should not kill your sound & video output.

The only program that crashes is the sims 2 (occasionally 3 but that’s because of cc) 4 runs fine and my drawing programs don’t have any problems. The game also crashed on my friends Alienware pc but not like it does on mine
Scholar
#13 Old 4th May 2019 at 6:15 PM
try iGPU then and "let's see what we can see"

favorite quote: "When ElaineNualla is posting..I always read..Nutella. I am sorry" by Rosebine
Test Subject
Original Poster
#14 Old 4th May 2019 at 7:54 PM
try iGPU then and "let's see what we can see"

I can’t use my igpu due having a new motherboard installed
Scholar
#15 Old 5th May 2019 at 12:17 AM
now you get me confused... so...

"Would you be so kind" to reveal your actual machine specs? Like... "more specific" kind, of.

Test Subject
Original Poster
#16 Old 7th May 2019 at 2:11 AM
now you get me confused... so...

"Would you be so kind" to reveal your actual machine specs? Like... "more specific" kind, of.

MTS wont let me upload it. the dxdiag is too big
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#17 Old 7th May 2019 at 2:25 AM
Take screenshots of the dx diag, paste into Paint or someplace and crop and save as a PNG or Jpg, upload the pictures.

~Call me Jo~