Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#1 Old 29th Dec 2017 at 7:05 PM
Alien Abduction Challenge
Hi all! Just like many other weirdos out there, I love aliens; especially the Sims 4 aliens! I hope you all enjoy this little challenge I just came up with. Feel free to post pics/stories of your experiences on here so I can see!

-

It must have been around one o'clock in the morning when you saw the light. You looked up from your laptop with tired eyes and stretched as your gaze swept across your living room. The room was neat and comfortable and perfectly suited your personality. Over on the couch, your cat purred in its sleep and stretched out its little paws. You were just standing up to scoop up your feline friend and head to bed when a bright blue light shone in through the window, nearly blinding you. Before you had time to react, you found yourself somewhere else... Somewhere strange.

Strange-looking humanoid figures with oddly-colored skin and hair surrounded you curiously, poking and prodding at you with long, slender fingers. One of them tugged on your hair and another on your dirty sweatshirt as you looked around you in awe at these strange creatures and at the perfectly white surroundings of the room.

The creatures -- as well as you -- jumped in unison at the sound of a booming voice. You couldn't understand what it was saying, or even if it was male or female, but it sounded stern. There was a quiet murmuring among the group of creatures before two of them stepped forward and grabbed you by both arms. They dragged you, kicking and screaming and crying for your cat, from the large room.

Would you ever make it home again?

- - - - -

Congratulations! Or... maybe not. You've just been abducted by aliens, but it doesn't look like this is going to be the usual "probe and release" situation that your neighbors have talked about. By some stroke of luck, or perhaps misfortune, the aliens have decided that they want to keep you on their ship as they travel the universe. However, you want to go home!!

This challenge can go one of several ways. Mind you, the path WILL BE random. You will need to use a ten-sided die (if you don't have one, you can easily download apps for them on your phone). Whichever number you roll will be the path you must take. Here are the possible paths you may take, which should all be compatible with base game if you don't have any expansions:
1. The Romance Path: You must woo and marry one of the aliens on the ship.
2. The Friendship Path: You must become best friends with all of the aliens on the ship.
3. The Cooking Path: You must "impress" the aliens with your cooking by improving your cooking AND mixology skills to level 10.
4. The Escape Path: You must improve your rocket science skill to level 10 and build your own rocket ship so you can escape.
5. The Hatred Path: You must become enemies with every alien on the ship.
6. The Hacking Path: You must improve all computer-related skills (i.e. hacking, programming, video games) to level 10 so you can successfully take over the ship's controls and fly yourself home.
7. The Fighting Path: You must improve all fitness-related skills to level 10 so you can "fight" your way out of the ship.
8. The Mutiny Path: You must improve your charisma skill to level 10 and become best friends with every alien on the ship EXCEPT for the captain so that you can overthrow him/her.
9. The Rescue Path: You must become best friends with a regular Sim outside of your household (through computer, phone, etc.; you cannot see them in person) so they can come rescue you.
10. The Ultimate Path: You must pick THREE non-conflicting paths to play, and you can only leave when you finish ALL THREE!

-

Now, you may be thinking "Hey, those aren't that hard! I can do this easily!"

I hate to break it to ya, but you're dead wrong. You see, the aliens have put a time limit on your life. If you don't escape within fifteen game days, you will be executed (you see, the captain is a bit of a sadist). So, you must finish your path -- and that STILL applies for the ultimate path -- within fifteen game days, or it's game over for you!

Ah, but it gets more difficult from here! You can't simply run around completing your path all willy-nilly. The aliens have you here for a reason: they simply HATE to spend all that time cooking and cleaning when they have abducting to do. It's a very lucrative business, abducting! So, alongside having a time limit, you have duties that you must tend to every day before you can do any work on your path. They are listed below:
1. You must cook three group meals a day for the aliens; breakfast, lunch, and dinner. If you want to increase the difficulty, you can try to cook using only home-grown ingredients (it's not like aliens go to the grocery store anyway).
2. You must keep the ship spotless at all times. This means no dirty dishes, no puddles, no garbage, and no unmade beds. If you have the Cats & Dogs expansion, you can increase the difficulty by adding a few pets to clean up after.
3. You must take care of the garden every day. You can either sell the produce or store it for meals.

If any of these duties are left unfinished by midnight every day, you will lose any recreational privileges for the next day. These means no recreational skill-building, no socializing, and no fun activities. P.S. you CANNOT drag and drop dishes and garbage to clean them up. Make your Sim do it!

-

Now, for the household. I have uploaded a pre-made "ship" on my gallery, @lily-josephine97 if you don't want to create your own, but go ahead and feel free to make your own if you like. Post pics here so I can see as well!

How to build your own household:
1. You will need a household of at least seven aliens and only one regular sim. You can make the aliens any way you like, but make sure that the "captain" of the ship looks and dresses distinctly from the others. Your sim can be made any way you like.
2. You will most likely want to pick a fairly remote location on a large lot to build. I chose to build my "ship" underground so that the blackness looks somewhat like space and so that you can't tell that you are on a regular lot.
3. For your ship, go nuts! Feel free to cheat with money, as this is not a necessary aspect of the challenge. Your ship must have at least six regular bedrooms (where the normal aliens will sleep); two bathrooms, preferably with toilet stalls and several showers in each; one captain's quarters complete with a full bedroom, bathroom, and office; one kitchen, complete with all appliances; one dining hall; one recreation hall with whatever skill-building objects of your choice as well as plenty of furniture; and, of course, your quarters, which will be where you will live - this area must be furnished similarly to a jail cell with only a single bed, sink, toilet, and trash can.
4. The ship can have as many levels as you like and can look any way you want as long as you meet the above requirements.

-

Go forth, my lovely friends and fiends, and survive this!