Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Mad Poster
#3251 Old 15th Jul 2019 at 12:01 AM
Quote: Originally posted by pretenshus
Tschüss!

I'm shocked and concerned to find out this forum has been infiltrated by the Krauts, even knowing they'd say the exact same thing about us.
Guess I'll have to counter with a nice North Holland-themed world now, as far as those can be nice. Very bare sort of place. Weirdly fixated on seafood.

insert signature here
( Join my dumb Discord server if you're into the whole procrastination thing. But like, maybe tomorrow. )
Advertisement
Scholar
#3252 Old 15th Jul 2019 at 2:04 AM
Haha! I am not actually German but if you insist please do make a Holland themed world. It would be much appreciated. :lovestruc
Mad Poster
#3253 Old 15th Jul 2019 at 2:24 AM
If I could get CAW to work, I might be inclined to make something Dutch but I wouldn't expect me to make anything Hollandish. It's a part of the country I don't really relate to, though I do live here.

insert signature here
( Join my dumb Discord server if you're into the whole procrastination thing. But like, maybe tomorrow. )
Lab Assistant
#3254 Old 15th Jul 2019 at 7:14 PM
Usually nothing I find worth sharing happens. And usually I don't make sims based on real people, but a few days ago I had an idea: What if I would make a comedy show - like game (aging off and hands off also) where the protagonists would be virtual versions of me and my family, everyone aged up to YA or above, and everyone having the relevant traits and more or less relevant and/or guessed LTWs. I thought it would be fun to see the drama a sim version of my family would be up to.

The result?

My mom in real life (Perfectionist, Hot-Headed, No sense of humor, Workaholic, Vegetarian in sim form) usually likes to watch TV. Like, that's literally the only thing she does for fun. She finds it very entertaining.

Now guess what? The first thing my sim mom decided to do once I started the game was to watch TV for a few hours!

Like, really mom, really!
Mad Poster
#3255 Old 15th Jul 2019 at 9:32 PM Last edited by HarVee : 15th Jul 2019 at 9:59 PM.
I've been playing around with Camkitty's Lizard people. Did some edits to them and moved them in Midnight Hollow with Midnight-AI1. In my game I'm calling them Taeli, and they've traveled from an alien planet to SimEarth on a mission from the Intergalatic Council to take over SimEarth. They've given Jazlyn Babybat a haunting curse that she's been suffering from and now she's unable to build her army of Plumbots. They're torturing her for her knowledge on Advanced Technology and plumbotics. Using the little knowledge they have gained so far, the Taeli have then modified some of MAI1's trait chips to be more evil useful. However MAI1 has been retaliating lately because the Taeli are unaware that Jazlyn Babybat already completed her goal of putting a sentience chip inside MAI1. The Taeli are also unaware of Jazlyn's time portal, so she's been using that to escape and try to track down her family in the future to see what can be done to protect the future from turning into a further dystopia. In Jazlyn's eyes, if anyone is going to mess up the future of SimEarth it's going to be her and not alien lizard people.

Because the earth is standing still, and the truth becomes a lie
A choice profound is bittersweet, no one hears Cassandra Goth cry

Forum Resident
#3256 Old 15th Jul 2019 at 11:39 PM
My Sim was sleeping when at, around midnight in the game, he had a thought bubble pop up related to his pet baby squirrel. He then proceeded to get out of bed and go downstairs to play with the baby squirrel.
Field Researcher
#3257 Old 17th Jul 2019 at 1:13 AM
I married a sim for her money and was able to off her mother pretty easily, but the damn sim herself is unlucky. Grim keeps reviving her every time she burns to death and I'm getting tired of this repeated torture with no end in sight. On top of that, their mansion is borked. I am unable to leave the lot and permanently trapped here.
Mad Poster
#3258 Old 17th Jul 2019 at 3:38 AM
I had to tune my job overhaul patch to disable most of the jobs and remove inrerivew requirements for the ones enabled.It's also nearing the end of spring in 1526 in Salisbury Beach,Massachusetts and they're still working on getting ready to move to the second home to work on builds in town.
Theorist
#3259 Old 18th Jul 2019 at 10:05 PM
My Sim just found out she is pregnant with her second baby. Okay. Normal. Well, she gets out of the shower and is naked. Doesn't put any clothes on. Just keeps doing her thing, walking around, naked. Must be a glitch between her clothes and being pregnant. Still funny as heck.

"If there are no dogs in Heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went." Will Rogers
Forum Resident
#3260 Old 20th Jul 2019 at 7:51 PM
I'm playing in Great Bear for the first time and it's just so gorgeous.
Screenshots
Scholar
#3261 Old 21st Jul 2019 at 6:31 PM
Quote: Originally posted by lakme
I'm playing in Great Bear for the first time and it's just so gorgeous.

:O I used to always scroll past this world because its way too huge for me but this is a great capture. Thanks for sharing!
Scholar
#3262 Old 23rd Jul 2019 at 2:58 AM
After we got back from France, the eldest child moved out, now that she is an adult. I'll miss her! Story Progression, you better take very good care of her and keep her very happy!
Scholar
#3263 Old 23rd Jul 2019 at 1:54 PM
The game gave me an invisible sim as a butler...

So I said screw it and now Deadpool is taking care of JJ and Kelly's baby.

Wren-der Simblr // Sim Art // Pictures // Downloads // Random Nonsensical Rambling
Scholar
#3264 Old 23rd Jul 2019 at 7:14 PM
Story Progression decided to hook her up with a man her mother's age with a good heart and a healthy bank account. He was very focused on mastering painting, sculpting, and inventing when he was younger and I guess now that he's got a good nest-egg he's taking a look around. He's also taken in two teenage boys who were orphaned when their relatives couldn't or wouldn't, so I can see why she would like him.
Scholar
#3265 Old 25th Jul 2019 at 4:44 PM
So I decided to do an experiment whit the Supernatural and the University Life EP's by creating a vampire and sending her to college/university. So far she have spent 3 weeks there studying arts. I think it have been working quite fine and as the vampires in TS3 don't die so easy as they do in TS2 she can spend at least some time outside (but she moves very quickly and I have to sent her inside if she starts to smoke ). Being the one I am I try to get her in a relationship whit an other girl (a rebel who hates art and have quite a few other personal characteristics that aren't so good). I have to see if that works out but it's still a fun play. What bugs me a lot is the fact that the sims 3 worlds seems to be very anti vampires. Because as soon as my sim admits that she is one the other sims get furious. It does not even matter if the sim she talks whit is a vampire, it's always trouble and I can't see why. Racism? Anyway, my sim have left the college world and gone home to make some money (in the medicine career). Moonlight Falls is not a big place but it sure seems to have a lot of supernaturals. Last time I played I did send her to a bar. There were ghosts, werewolfs and a skeleton in coffin/closet kind of thing (It's bayable I know). Strange place indeed.

My sim Zedona Lorentz. This is version 1. I gave her glasses and removed the rouge for her currant look.
Scholar
#3266 Old 28th Jul 2019 at 8:09 AM
So when I left my sim she had returned to Moonlight Falls and get on whit her career. One day she did get a phone call from this sim named Joanie MacDuff. I do not use to take those "chance cards" but as this one was art related I though that my sim should try it. Joanie have heard of Zedonas painting skills and wanted a painting worth at least 250§. And if she liked the painting it could even help her getting famous. I did not belive that but I let her paint. An action that takes some planning as her place is tiny and the easel have to be placed outside. The first painting did not meet the requirments as it did get a value of 181§. It looked quite nice so I let her sell it. The next painting had some sort of mosaic looking thing pattern an did look just like the painting Zedona have been painting back in school. A piece of art she did not like herself but as the value was just under 300§ I let the girl deliver the painting to MacDuff. Who was overwhelmed and paid good money for it. My sim also did get a celibrity star! Not bad for a vampire girl who nobody seems to like. This star did become two the next time Zedona and Joadie met.

As I pointed out in my previous post my sim does have a very close friend and I directed Zedona to call her over. The friend arrived the next day and after some talking I tried the "ask to move in" interaction. It worked out fjust fine but I can not understand why my sim lost a big amount of money in the process (se the Peeve thread post 103). Zedona seems climbe the carrer ladder very quickly and she's now on the sixth step in the medicine career. It does, however, take a lot of work on this level. The poor girl seems to work double shifts most part of the week (jour doctor or whatever it's called in english) and hardly have any time to sleep. There seemed to be a suiting job in the newspaper (art critic) but my sim could not take it. Her friend, who hates art, could however take it. ??. Oh well, it's the way this scumbag game works I guess. I did not let the friend (I have forgotten her name, sorry) takes this job so she works in the Law enforcement career.

As I'm going back to work I won't have so much time to play in the future. But I will try to play when I can. I do not have any specific plans for the Zedona household but as soon as the girl have made some good money I will send her back to college I have been making a promiss that she will have a college degree and I want to keep it.
Test Subject
#3267 Old 1st Aug 2019 at 2:54 AM
I'm currently playtesting a challenge of my own making. In that save file, my first kid is about to age up to child, and my single mom will need to get pregnant again right afterwards.

In my semi-legacy family, Iris is having a lovely time in Mayfield Springs despite not having found a partner yet. I've only played her for a week and she is already doing well toward her lifetime goal.
Mad Poster
#3268 Old 7th Aug 2019 at 3:03 AM
I'm short on generic B-roll type footage, which is inconvenient when the world your series is set in doesn't really exist for the most part. I can't go SimOutside and film the SimRushHourTraffic or SimCommuters making their way to the SimSubwayStation. That's going to take me several afternoons I don't plan on spending.
So, who wants to see static shots of the city skyline intercut with people sitting on benches, random billboards, and a completely random timelapse shot of the sun moving while generic, upbeat 80s music plays? It's important for importance reasons.

insert signature here
Scholar
#3269 Old 7th Aug 2019 at 2:21 PM
I saw this child in Egypt with the one eye haircut from Ambitions so I decided to see what was going on underneath. Some old men are born, not made.
Screenshots
Instructor
#3270 Old 7th Aug 2019 at 11:15 PM
Trying to get default replacements to work right so I've started and quit the game at least 50 times today until it completely killed any desire to actually play. The mere sight of Builders Island makes me barf now. After cursing at it for a good long while I went to take out my frustrations on unsuspecting pedestrians in GTA instead
Scholar
#3271 Old 9th Aug 2019 at 8:44 AM
I had my sims girlfriend ,who is a service sim, move in.
I met her through discreet rendezvous ,added through Nrass mod, at the Day Spa.
When it added her household funds to mine I gained 11Million 1Thousand dollars.
WHAT!?
What prostitute has that much money? (Honestly want so badly to make an inappropriate semi political joke now.)
Anyway we bought a Bugatti and I think I will transfer some of the money to a family I made for her, a brother with a wife and kid.

Wren-der Simblr // Sim Art // Pictures // Downloads // Random Nonsensical Rambling
Lab Assistant
#3272 Old 10th Aug 2019 at 1:12 AM
I'm playing a family I haven't played since I was 13 or 14 (I'm 20 next month) and I'm trying to resurrect a sim that died. I had to kill him because he was bugged and I didn't know I could just reset him... Everyone wouldn't stop crying and it was breaking my heart, especially his husband....

22. male. he/him. autistic.
REST IN PEACE JOTARO KUJO. JUNE 2020 - JANUARY 2021.
Field Researcher
#3273 Old 10th Aug 2019 at 3:50 PM
"Hm. I think I am in the mood to play a new world. Hidden Springs looks nice. I've heard that there's some questionable choices in how lots are flagged as but how bad can it be?"

*Changes lot types for 3/4 the public lots*

"That's an interesting, surprisingly urban looking, central park- wait, does it not even have the chess tables to line up with the description of the lot EA gave it? And does that "cafe" only have a single coffee pot- not even a small bar or a book case? Who the heck thought it was a good idea to have it so that you have to walk down a long, winding path to get to the crime warehouse?"

*Sends the next half day editing lots.*

(At least it's a nice looking world.)
Scholar
#3274 Old 10th Aug 2019 at 7:51 PM
In the proud tradition of gardeners the world over, my sim is visiting all the neighbors and leaving produce in their fridge because she has more than she can eat. Also, I'm playing a pretty strict challenge and she can only make money in specific ways.
Mad Poster
#3275 Old 11th Aug 2019 at 3:23 AM
Quote: Originally posted by MurderPrincessK
I had my sims girlfriend ,who is a service sim, move in.
I met her through discreet rendezvous ,added through Nrass mod, at the Day Spa.
When it added her household funds to mine I gained 11Million 1Thousand dollars.
WHAT!?
What prostitute has that much money? (Honestly want so badly to make an inappropriate semi political joke now.)
Anyway we bought a Bugatti and I think I will transfer some of the money to a family I made for her, a brother with a wife and kid.

I've had this happen and always cheat the money back or replay the move-in another way. What's happening there is that during many of the move-in scenarios, the sim(s) moving in bring the percentage of the family funds that they are entitled to from the household they are departing (or all of their funds if there are no other sims in the household left). But the Homeless household, a virtual one that owns no property, has an insane amount of cash because homeless members of the service pools and transient co-workers aren't supposed to be worried about having the means to buy stuff like residents do. A percentage of an insane amount is still insane.

What I often do is manage the move-in with MasterController's Add Sim instead of doing it socially. Or I might Add Sim them to a household of their own first, possibly on an empty 10x10 residential, and then proceed with the social interactions. They won't bring that much money with them that way as they wouldn't be likely to have much. Unless of course I guess if they were really good at the services they were providing.
Page 131 of 162