Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Forum Resident
Original Poster
#1 Old 2nd May 2008 at 9:54 PM Last edited by sweetswami77 : 5th May 2008 at 4:26 PM. Reason: Problem solved!!
Default Ack! What's up with this mesh?!
Okay, well, it won't allow me to delete this post, so I might as well ask what the heck I did now...

My lamp is lying down on the job!

I know I've seen something posted on this before, but I'm not sure where. Can anyone point me in the right direction, or tell me what it is I need to do to fix it?

Thanks!
Advertisement
Field Researcher
#2 Old 3rd May 2008 at 6:12 AM Last edited by pokedude9777 : 3rd May 2008 at 6:18 AM.
hmmm... The mesh Is probably rotated to that angle, If you can give me a link to download it, or post the download under my post, I'll see If I can fix it.

EDIT: It may also be because you are in debug mode.

The Sim Supply!

Call me PD :)
Fluffy
retired moderator
#3 Old 3rd May 2008 at 5:03 PM
Sweetswami,

the reason that you can't delete your posts is so other people with the same problem can search and find this thread, so we don't have to give the same answer over and over.
So please don't edit your post with a new problem, if a previous problem is solved. Just set the tag of the thread to 'solved' and open a new thread.

Now, on to your problem.
Firstly, this has absolutely nothing to do with debug mode, that has no effect on meshes.
Secondly, which 3d program were you using.
If the program was Blender, make sure not to touch the 'turn 90 degrees' box on import or export.
If you used another 3d program, look at the gmdc in SimPE. There's a dropdown menu there with 'xyz', 'xzy' options. Make sure that those options are set the same when you export your maxis model mesh, and import your new mesh.

Secondly,
Forum Resident
Original Poster
#4 Old 3rd May 2008 at 6:42 PM Last edited by sweetswami77 : 3rd May 2008 at 6:53 PM. Reason: File didn't attach
Pokedude, thanks for offering to look into it. I'd really appreciate it, but I don't mind doing the work myself to fix it. I'm doing this to learn, and chances are good I will encounter this problem again. Just a hunch...

I've attached the file. Thanks so much for your help.

Lethe_s, sorry about posting over the last message. I won't do it again.

I don't think it's the XYZ thing. It was displaying just fine until I made a change to the UV Map and went back into Milkshape to update it and export the .obj file to SimPE. I imported it and replaced the different parts with the new ones and committed the change, but when I hit the preview button, the shade and stand were lying on their side, and only the bulb was correctly placed.

Could I have made a mistake on the UV map?
Attached files:
File Type: rar  Lamp Decor Vignette.rar (113.8 KB, 4 downloads) - View custom content
Field Researcher
#5 Old 4th May 2008 at 1:10 AM Last edited by pokedude9777 : 4th May 2008 at 1:17 AM. Reason: Added pic
hmmm.... I opened the mesh in wings, & the mesh is on it's side. Try rotating it in Milkshape. I can't be sure that you can rotate in milkshape, but it would be a pretty shotty pay program if you couldn't

EDIT: Added pic

The Sim Supply!

Forum Resident
Original Poster
#6 Old 5th May 2008 at 4:25 PM
Thanks, Pokedude! That worked!

I imported it back into Milkshape, and rotated the bulb to the lamp, then rotated the whole thing to a standing position. Too bad I still have to correct the UV Map. I have a feeling I'll be doing this again, but at least I know what to do now.

Thanks again for your help!
Field Researcher
#7 Old 5th May 2008 at 11:02 PM
np, I don't mind helping people when they need it. Givs me this nice feeling inside

The Sim Supply!