Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#1 Old 10th Feb 2023 at 1:59 AM
Default Recolor of hat hair shows duplicates
I made a recolor of a maxis mesh, and it's showing up strangely in bodyshop. The recolor seems to be including a hatless version of the hair, with the hat texture. I'm not even sure where to begin describing or googling this, but I've provided screenshots of how it looks on my PC.

This is how it looks in "create parts" when I load the project

This is the package file I get after importing to the game

This is after binning with the hair binning tool and deleting non adult/YA ages

When I delete the "hair" in bodyshop, both of them disappear. How do I fix this so there's just the regular hat recolor?
Screenshots
Advertisement
Mad Poster
#2 Old 10th Feb 2023 at 2:51 AM
A lot of hairs with hats ingame also have a hatless option for the PJ/undies/etc. categories. assuming that's one of the hairs you recolored. These usually have two hairs included for each age where the hat shows up.

I'm guessing these hairs show both options together since they're both part of the same hair. Either that, or the hair binner might have done something to enable the no-hat hair for all clothing categories, or (if you're looking in Bodyshop). Been a while since I made a recolor like this, so not entirely sure which.

Personally I don't like having the no-hat categories, since you get more freedom to set hairs with outfits properly when the hat is available for all the outfits (requires some tinkering in the recolor file, but should be possible without making a new mesh file).

---

The no-hat hairs have to be removed manually (the binner can't see the difference).

For the AM (and EM, possibly also YM?) hair, you want to KEEP the one(s) with a 3DIR that has a Resource Node and Shape that ends with these two numbers:
0xFF14606B (RN)
0xFF9E1529 (Shape)

The other one(s) for the same age is the no-hat hair.
Delete the PropertySet resources for those (or, if you just want to test to make sure it's the right ones, set the "age" and "gender" to "0", and it stops showing up).

If you want the hat to be available for more categories than just everyday, you can change the "Category" in the PropertySet for the hat. All clothing/hair categories combined is 0x0000137F.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#3 Old 10th Feb 2023 at 7:21 PM
Quote: Originally posted by simmer22
For the AM (and EM, possibly also YM?) hair, you want to KEEP the one(s) with a 3DIR that has a Resource Node and Shape that ends with these two numbers:
0xFF14606B (RN)
0xFF9E1529 (Shape)

The other one(s) for the same age is the no-hat hair.
Delete the PropertySet resources for those (or, if you just want to test to make sure it's the right ones, set the "age" and "gender" to "0", and it stops showing up).

Thank you so much, it's fixed now!!