Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#1 Old 7th Feb 2011 at 10:10 AM
Default Welding the seams - UVmap
Is there a way to weld vertices of Uvmap in Milkshape as I can do in 3Ds? The mesh itself is welded on that area but because the uvmap is not I get the usual error of "you must split the seams" if I try to export it.

Or if I cannot weld the seams in MS UVmap is there maybe better UVmapper as plugin for MS.

Thanks for any answer.
Screenshots

~Perfectionist, Workaholic, Friendly, Artistic, Good sense of humor~
Advertisement
Née whiterider
retired moderator
#2 Old 7th Feb 2011 at 11:33 AM
You don't want to weld the vertices on the UVMap - that would put them in the same place on the UVMap, which would distort your textures no end. You need to split the vertices on the actual mesh itself, so that two spots on the UVMap = two vertices on the mesh, even if they're in the same place.

What I lack in decorum, I make up for with an absence of tact.
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#3 Old 7th Feb 2011 at 1:18 PM
But the actual full body meshes of EA have no seams on the waist area so that what I was going for. I was also planning to weld different hands (from wrist) to get rid of some handbracelets of the original top mesh, or should I just leave the new hands not welded to the mesh?

Anyhow so there is no way to weld the seams in Uvmap of MS? that's basicly all I wish to know.

Sockpuppet
#4 Old 7th Feb 2011 at 9:05 PM
I never weld the seams, its just a few vertices.

If you want a prefect seam on the uvmap then zoom in on those pairs on the uvmap and place em closer together, then zoom in again.
Repeat this process and at one point both will autosnap and altho i never tried it you then should be able to weld them.
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#5 Old 7th Feb 2011 at 9:08 PM
Alright, thanks for the reply, really appreciate that.

Inventor
#6 Old 8th Feb 2011 at 1:41 PM
CatOfEvilGenius made a very nice plug-in for Milkshape to place vertices on the exact same coordinates on the UVmap.

UV Data Merge http://www.modthesims.info/showthread.php?t=303044
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#7 Old 8th Feb 2011 at 2:27 PM
Thank you very much for this information Cocomama This plugin will certainly come in handy.

Forum Resident
#8 Old 8th Feb 2011 at 2:55 PM
WHERE HAS THIS PLUG-IN BEEN ALL MY LIFE!!!! This is awesome.