Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Lab Assistant
#26 Old 23rd May 2011 at 8:41 PM
Default Can't get into plugin mode
I have the latest version of Sim PE which is a .73 version. One it took me forever to find the Character files just so you have an idea of how challenged I am working with Sim PE. Once I found the file and apparently opened it, I could not for the life of me get the plugin view. It's not clickable. I don't know what else to do. It's not clickable. I want Brandi Broke to have a girl dang gone it! Since I cannot get into plugin view I cannot follow the rest of these directions.

I know I'm pretty much a novice, probably one click from destroying my game in a firery ball of simable goo, but I really want to change this. Can someone please help me?

Quote: Originally posted by meek_monkey
Yes There is more than ticking the box treat as female.

Change the sex of a baby in the Sims 2

There is an alternative, you can just change the gender of the baby to what you want after it's born.

There are a few steps you need to do to change the gender.

Start SimPE & load up the neighborhood. Then do Tools menu >> List Sims & look for the baby's name. Adjust the box so you can see what the character number is.

1) Open that Character file in SimPE - the Character files are located in the My Documents/EA Games/Sims 2/Neighborhood/N00?/Characters folder. In Filetypes, click on the Catalog Description to make sure it's the correct name! Now click on Age Data & make sure the Plugin View tab is the current view. Look for the line that says:

Gender (dtUInteger) = 0x00000001 (is female) or 0x00000002 (is male)

Change this to the sex you want & click Commit.

2) Now, click on the Property set (in Filetypes) Go through each one & chage the gender to what you want (see above) & click Commit every time.

3) Do File Menu >> Save

4) Now, do the Neightborhood Browser again, then use Sim Browser & locate your baby. There's a box there that says Treat as male or female, check the correct one & then Commit & Save.

That's it, they are changed.
Advertisement
*shrugs*
retired moderator
#27 Old 23rd May 2011 at 10:15 PM Last edited by maybesomethingdunno : 23rd May 2011 at 10:30 PM.
Missha9, if you are referring to Brandi Broke's baby when you first load the lot, the baby will always be a boy unless you resurrect Skip (the father). As I understand it, the game treats the game like a self-pregnancy, thus resulting in the birthed child being the opposite gender of parent. If you resurrect Skip, the game is able to find his genetics (or something) to treat the birth as normal (50-50% chance of either gender). Of course, any subsequent pregnancies for Brandi will be 50-50% as normal.

Sometimes you go through periods of getting several instances of a particular gender, that's just part of the nature of probability.

That said, I cannot comment on this method of changing gender (I always did the save-reload trick). I don't know what you mean by "not clickable;" if no resource is selected, you aren't going to see anything in the Plugin View. I created this example picture for you. Hopefully it will show you how to see things in the Plugin View:

I don't mind if you call me "MSD" or something for short.
Tumblr
Perhaps someday I'll have leisure time back...
Page 2 of 2