Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 17th Dec 2017 at 8:41 PM
WCIF: Custom Traits?
So I'm looking to add more Traits in my game, but browsing through all of them on here is a pain and not all of them are worth the download. So, any cool Traits you use a lot or just love that you can recommend? I am quite terrible at finding mods, thank you.
Advertisement
Mad Poster
#2 Old 17th Dec 2017 at 11:59 PM Last edited by igazor : 18th Dec 2017 at 12:22 AM.
I'm a bit confused as to why you find browsing through "all" of the custom traits available for TS3 to be painful. It can't possibly take very long since there are only three developers (that we know of) who have successfully produced some and only one of them has an MTS presence to speak of. Are you certain we are really talking about "Traits" here?

1 - AwesomeMod comes with a few custom traits. Awesome is a Core Mod and the traits utilize its custom loader system, they are not available separately.
2 - SimsMX at one time designed a Hypochondriac trait and it's still available from Simlogical. It is now outdated for patches beyond 1.55 (or 1.57, something like that) and tends to break players' games on current patch levels, anything 1.63 and up. Unfortunately the developer "dropped out" before the higher level patches were released and thus far has not returned to update his mod.
3 - Arsil's Japanese Culture trait was released more recently than that and should be fine.

The only other thing I can think of that falls into the custom trait category for TS3 is Arsil's subsequent efforts to design a custom trait loader system through which players can make their own traits. It's really complicated even with his detailed 73-step guide so I won't link to it just yet; I think it's really more of a temporarily stalled work in progress at the moment. I don't know of any players myself who have actually used it with tremendous success, but there could of course be some out there who might reply here.

In case you can't tell from the above, custom trait design in TS3 is really difficult. Twallan (our founder at NRaas) considered the idea at a couple of points along the way but ultimately never released any, nor has our current developer.