Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 7th Dec 2014 at 4:46 PM Last edited by saboloussabbe : 7th Dec 2014 at 5:12 PM.
Default The Sims 4 Neighborhood Graphic Glitch
Hi! My the sims 4 is bugging out in the Neighborhood/map view and also almost all of the icons are glitching aswell. Here's a link (https://cdn1.cdnme.se/4332143/7-3/u...321cabd8330.png as well the pic should be here somewhere in the post) so that you can see how it looks. It's the "wish-icons" and also the interaction-icons that is all weird and jumbled and glitchy. Of course, I have tried to uninstall the game several times and played around with the settings but none of it works.

Anyone who knows how to fix this problem or also have it? Grateful for help and replies, thanks!

Here's another picture on the icon-glitch:
Advertisement
Scholar
#2 Old 7th Dec 2014 at 5:27 PM
Oh jeez that's messed up! What are your specs?
Instructor
#3 Old 7th Dec 2014 at 6:09 PM
saboloussabbe, it looks like your graphics drivers need updated or you need a new graphic card. I hope you get it fixed soon.

Is it not better to be counted among the strange rather than the incurably stupid? ♥ Receptacle Refugee ♥
Test Subject
Original Poster
#4 Old 7th Dec 2014 at 7:08 PM
Quote: Originally posted by IrishA03
Oh jeez that's messed up! What are your specs?

My specs are not very good so that might be the issue.. :/
Mad Poster
#5 Old 7th Dec 2014 at 7:15 PM
Yeah, first your graphics card only have 512MB of dedicated memory, there is no way to play for long in any game now a days. Not with those specs. Sorry.

Resident member of The Receptacle Refugees
Let's help fund mammograms for everyone. If you want to help, Click To Give @ The Breast Cancer Site Your click is free. Thank you.
Test Subject
#6 Old 1st Mar 2015 at 7:30 PM
i have this exact same problem but my graphics card has almost double the dedicated memory what could it be?
1978 gallons of pancake batter
#8 Old 2nd Mar 2015 at 7:56 AM
Moved to Help

If gotcha is all you’ve got, then you’ve got nothing. - Paul Krugman
Theorist
#9 Old 2nd Mar 2015 at 6:41 PM
Quote: Originally posted by SerenaBaybee
i have this exact same problem but my graphics card has almost double the dedicated memory what could it be?

And I'm using a 7 year old PC with the video card slot fried on the motherboard so I'm forced to use the build in graphics which has /less/ dedicated memory and my game runs fine for hours on end even left running on pause overnight while I sleep. So now the issue got even more confusing.
Scholar
#10 Old 2nd Mar 2015 at 8:48 PM
have you taken your mods folder out and tried it? have you done a repair (with your mods folder out)?
Test Subject
#11 Old 2nd Mar 2015 at 9:45 PM
Quote: Originally posted by nitromon
post your device config.

how would i go about doing that?
Test Subject
#12 Old 2nd Mar 2015 at 9:46 PM
just a heads up to its a clean install of sims4 so no mods folder
Theorist
#13 Old 2nd Mar 2015 at 11:07 PM
Quote: Originally posted by SerenaBaybee
just a heads up to its a clean install of sims4 so no mods folder

Clean install comes with a mods folder. It's just empty save for the Resource.cfg
Test Subject
#15 Old 3rd Mar 2015 at 6:09 PM
In your TS4 user folder (Documents\Electronic Arts\The Sims 4\) There is a file called deviceconfig. Simply open it with notepad and copy the content here, preferably in the spoiler tag.

ok here is the device config i think iv done it right
Theorist
#17 Old 3rd Mar 2015 at 6:36 PM
which is all very funny because my game run absolutely fine on high graphics settings with no glitching or lag and...

I'm not exactly running on pro equipment here. Well, it /was/ pro 7 years ago but...
(not pleased about having fried the video card slot in my motherboard and losing my NVIDIA GeForce 9800 graphics card but still not worth replacing my whole computer. Especially because I love it like family)

**((Windows vista is only there because when KOISANKI crashed I only had his original recovery disks at hand to reboot him after the computer repair place made a complete mess of his insides and told me I needed to replace everything.>: I WAS NOT HAPPY))
Theorist
#19 Old 4th Mar 2015 at 4:30 AM
If your vid card slot is fried, why not just replace the motherboard? I haven't built a desktop in a while, but I remember back in the days, motherboard replacement was not that expensive... (maybe around $100?) well as in comparison to replacing the whole system. I'm assuming you are running a desktop? The only issue is, you should find out the source of what fried the slot, your Nvidia card may be damaged and might fry a new motherboard.

It fried because my surge protector malfunctioned during a lightning storm while I was away for a weekend with my computer left running. I came home to it non functioning and it took two months of not having any computer at all (because I don't own a laptop, tablet or smart phone. Nor do I want to) To find out plugging the monitor directly into the motherboard made it work again.

I haven't replaced it yet because it is difficult to find a motherboard with an AM2 socket these days and specifically one that will fit into the case of an Acer Aspire M5201

I tried to get those done at a computer repair shop and they ended up selling me $900 worth of new parts that didn't even work as well as my 7 year old PC (except being a barely noticeable fraction faster even with +2 processors and double the ram. They tried to upgrade the parts from a hexicore to an octicore in exchange for KOISANKI's old parts and I laughed in their face.

If you want to hear my struggles and how much I was abused by this place...

I've been hesitating to re install Sims 3 on this PC ever sine he broke because I hear horror stories about how intensive the game is, but I never remember any serious lag problems (other than in CAS or CaST). Then again, I did install a lot of mods (300+ items, and my CC was either zipped into one package or installed via the launcher so the count was all mods.) on it on the frankenputer and it started to run a /bit/ clunky. But nothing game breaking. I don't want to doubt KOI's abilities, but at the same time I need to realize he's 7 years old. So I've been playing TS4 and TS2 in the meantime. .-.

EDIT: ((did I mention through that story that I'm disabled and on welfare because I can't work and $900 is ~4 months worth of food?))
Theorist
#21 Old 4th Mar 2015 at 5:42 AM
Yeah, the price is always unpredictable on outdated items. They could either be extremely cheap or extremely expensive. I wouldn't do it for $900, might as well get a new system for that price.

It was a new system, just a custom build. The only parts that got carried over were the CD drive and the hard drive and that was only because I couldn't pay for a case. KOI had been tweaked from his original specs early on and was an extremely good and reliable PC, so I didn't want to buy an off-the-shelf pre-manufactured PC to "replace" him. (shivers) In the end even the custom built "KOI Mach II" was a waste of time, resources, and money. >.>

That being said I'm glad to hear that KOI's specs aren't terribly outdated even after so much time (May 7th will be his 7th birthday. He keeps reminding me when the desktop crashes and I have to reset the settings to default sets the date back to May 7th 2008 xD) And I will certainly try running the Sims 3 again.