Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Instructor
Original Poster
#1 Old 6th Nov 2015 at 5:06 PM
Default DvD and Bluray cover art software
Okay I admit this is a strange question and this is a strange place to ask it but everyone here seems to know what they are talking about and you all are nice and helpful so I am going to ask but I will understand if no one replies to this. Oh and I am not being lazy, I have tried doing a google search for this many times but no matter how I word the search I never come up with results that work.

Okay ever since I was a kid I have recorded TV shows off of TV and I still do so today because a lot of Tv shows are broadcast in HD but only released on DvD, so the versions broadcast over the air look and sound much better then the versions on DvD. What is more my mother is getting to that age where her hearing is going and she finds it a lot easier to hear the dialog on her favorite shows when it is in HD, so as you can imagine I do a lot of recording. I then burn the episodes on to Blu Ray discs because where I live there is no highspeed internet so i can't use could storage and my 2TB USB hard drive died a while ago and it is cheaper to buy blank Blu rays a few at a time right now. Any way I try to make the Blu rays look as much like professionally made products as I can, with menus, chapter breaks, things I record off of Tv like promos for the shows and interviews with the makers of them, and I even make my own covers for the cases. There is just one problem, even when I measure the cases with a tape measure and size up the project so it is the same size, in every photo editing software that I use the cover art I work hard on always comes out a little too small or a little too large for the case and it end up looking ugly.

I know this is a stupid first world problem but I really would like the cover art to fit my Blu ray and DvD cases if that can be done. So I was just wondering if anyone makes there own covers for DvD and Blurays and if so is there any software out there that just lets you easily select between the different standard size cases when making your project so the guess work is taken out of getting it the right size. It would be great if the software was free but I am willing to save up if it costs.

Any way as I said it's okay if no one has an answer for this, but if you do that would be great.

Thanks for taking the time to read this post.

My PC specs.
Windows 7 64 bit,AMD FX 4300 quad core processor, 8 gigs DDR3 ram, 1 gig Geforce 9500 graphics card, patch 1.67.2
Every time I reinstall the game I run it clean without any CC, not even the store bought stuff so it isn't CC or mods that cause me trouble.
Advertisement
Theorist
#2 Old 12th Nov 2015 at 5:34 PM
Have you looked into Avery Design & Print?
http://www.avery.com/avery/en_us/Te...-is4aAv1k8P8HAQ
You can use it online from the web, or download a program that runs on your computer.
I'm sure they have a template for DVD cases, because they sell the paper inserts for them:
http://www.avery.com/avery/en_us/Pr...serts_08891.htm
I bet you could just use their software for free, print onto generic paper, and cut to size.

I have never used it so I don't know if it's great or if it sucks. I just heard about it because my dad had an old "CD Stomper" kit that was for making labels that stick onto the discs themselves and for making inserts for CD jewel cases. I googled how "CD Stomper" worked and found they got bought out by Avery and the most current software for it is the Design & Print. So that's how I heard of the Avery stuff.

Resident wet blanket.
Instructor
Original Poster
#3 Old 2nd Jan 2016 at 1:57 PM
Default Thanks a bunch! :)
Quote: Originally posted by GnatGoSplat
Have you looked into Avery Design & Print?
http://www.avery.com/avery/en_us/Te...-is4aAv1k8P8HAQ
You can use it online from the web, or download a program that runs on your computer.
I'm sure they have a template for DVD cases, because they sell the paper inserts for them:
http://www.avery.com/avery/en_us/Pr...serts_08891.htm
I bet you could just use their software for free, print onto generic paper, and cut to size.

I have never used it so I don't know if it's great or if it sucks. I just heard about it because my dad had an old "CD Stomper" kit that was for making labels that stick onto the discs themselves and for making inserts for CD jewel cases. I googled how "CD Stomper" worked and found they got bought out by Avery and the most current software for it is the Design & Print. So that's how I heard of the Avery stuff.

Sorry it took me so long to reply but the last month or so has just been crazy for my family. Thanks a bunch, that is a huge help.

My PC specs.
Windows 7 64 bit,AMD FX 4300 quad core processor, 8 gigs DDR3 ram, 1 gig Geforce 9500 graphics card, patch 1.67.2
Every time I reinstall the game I run it clean without any CC, not even the store bought stuff so it isn't CC or mods that cause me trouble.