2 people viewing
Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Mad Poster
#3226 Old 28th May 2018 at 1:31 PM
Bob Newbie is shooting up the ladder in the law enforcement career. His last promotion (level 7) required him to move the family from the sweet little Xenu area into the tiny hamlet of Zephyr Cove. Betty's not all that thrilled. They had just bought a beautiful home and now she has to start all over in a smaller place, even though it's one of the biggest, prettiest houses in the area. Surgeon, their oldest son, is really looking forward to meeting kids his age, especially the girls, and becoming part of the local scenery. He loves the ocean and is happy to be there.

"Fear not little flock, for it hath pleased your Father to give you a kingdom". Luke 12:32 Chris Hatch's family friendly files archived on SFS: http://www.modthesims.info/showthread.php?t=603534 . Bulbizarre's website: https://archiveofourown.org/users/C...CoveredPortals/
Advertisement
Test Subject
#3227 Old 28th May 2018 at 5:22 PM
Some gossip from my little neighbourhood...

Sabrina Seavey, the town's first witch, has just left university with a shiny history degree and a thirst for knowledge. She's about to find, though, just how much the township needs the assistance of a girl like her.

Sabrina's cousin, graduating by her side, has fallen in love with a young man by the name of Rowan who dreams of starting a family with the beautiful and popular Pippa Despret. Pippa however, has lived a life of financial uncertainty and a desire for comfort and stability is all she knows.

Across town, her brother Jed Cartwright and his young and pregnant bride Stella toil at their garden to feed the town despite the recent loss of their mother and matriach Monique. Antonia the grocer drives a hard bargin, but Jed and Stella love each other too much too care.

Stella's old housemates, passionate store clerk Jillian and serious coperate man Adrian Fleig bicker over the raising of their daughter Astrid, while she runs amuck with the other latchkey kids on 5 Birch Road.

Elliot is the son of a research scientist and a school teacher, Claire Smith and Michelle Tellerman. They have worked hard all their lives to afford to rent the small home where they teach Elliot about the stars, the desert surrounding them and the history of their place in the world.

Across the road, Joanne Mendoza and Chen Wu cheat on one another incessantly in between criminal activities and card gambling matches involving those on the shadier side of town. Joanne Mondoza slowly builds her long-desired empire while Chen Wu lives a life she never asked for on the backdrop of underworld dealings and her own tactful manipulation.

Military man Ross Parker better damn well not see any of his three sons at one of those gambling matches. If he and his wife Catherine had it their way, they'd all be married and in the military by now. Well, two of them are in the military, but neither is married! One of these boys better damn well shape up good.

Keeping a watchful eye on her town and household is policewoman Celia Cox, mother to undoubtedly the cutest guys in town, Hugo and Spencer Karllsson. Their good looks are equally from their mother and father, who is a small time actor and big time dreamer.

Musixal Chiharu Ito, tearaway teen and twin to the popularity and looks obsessed Himari, is convinced none one in her family will ever understand her. At a poker game, she finds solace for her thoughts from the much older and much more married Benny Stratton, a man who had thought he had long given up on his aspirations of musical sucess.

Next door, Ali Karim works away at his research on microbial sea creatures, cannibalistic platon and the beautiful Sabrina Seavey, who kissed him once in freshman year and who he hasn't been able to get off his mind since. How can he possibly tell her that he loves her maybe even more than he loves science?
Scholar
#3228 Old 30th May 2018 at 9:03 PM
there are never any good parents in dinglebogian village a good example of this is :bertha muchomorek traped her 2 toddlers in a basement because they were in her way.they are going to be the slaves soon.

does she sound like loki and circe beakers lovechild?

I May Be Life Dumb But I'm Sim Smart(mostly).
My Tumblr
Mad Poster
#3229 Old 30th May 2018 at 10:28 PM
Last night I found that I had an unplayed hood that had one pixel in it, and all the PV townies and downtownies.

I decided to put it into my game. I knew what it was and who was in it.

It's my simself vs. the townies/downtownies.

On a small island. I'm playing me with them. I'm curious to see how my simself fares with them.

So far she's made friends with nearly all of them, but has developed a starting relationship with Komei Tellerman. Ben Long doesn't like her, (not that I blame me, he attacked me when he got drunk! How dare he!) at all.

I have a feeling this hood is going to be fun. And I'm gonna kick Ben Long's butt as soon as I get in shape for it. Watch out, Ben, your days as a drunken bum are nearly over!

Receptacle Refugee & Resident Polar Bear
"Get out of my way, young'un, I'm a ninja!"
Grave Matters: The funeral podium is available here: https://www.mediafire.com/file/e6tj...albits.zip/file
My other downloads are here: https://app.mediafire.com/myfiles
Forum Resident
#3230 Old 30th May 2018 at 10:32 PM
I'm trying to get the motivation to start up my own full-fledged hood, so far I've managed to make a nightclub that I'm actually VERY proud of (I suck at building haha). Perhaps you can expect some in-progress posts of my hood, Keyhole City! No promises, though. I'm bad at sticking to this if I'm honest.

Also, I decided to do away with my mismatched default hairs and exclusively use Peppermint & Ginger's hairs. The textures are soooooo good, plus she does a lot of bulk downloads that work better for someone like me who can't be arsed to download them one by one haha
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#3231 Old 30th May 2018 at 11:21 PM
My towns cougar got pregnant again. At 6 days to elder. yah for being able to play!

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~
Inventor
#3232 Old 30th May 2018 at 11:36 PM Last edited by Primavera : 31st May 2018 at 9:07 AM.
I downloaded a safe for work version of Chris Hatch's hospital mod the other night. I can't find/remember the person who made it because I saw the post on tumblr, but I'll be testing this out soon (hopefully tonight). And I've been updating my simblr about my family trees; I've been creating my founding families and this one will probably be the second to last family that'll be the center of this story I'm creating. I'm gonna dip my toe into a historical/through-the-decades type gameplay :D.

EDIT: I created another test family for the purpose of trying out the hospital mod but nothing happened :/. I'm gonna have to read more into it to make it work.

DOUBLE EDIT: put a dunce hat on my head because that's what I am, I have to build a hospital first . I'll have to download the rest of the add ons to make sure it works as well.

what_makes_you_haha.mp3
SFS uploads
Test Subject
#3233 Old 31st May 2018 at 12:26 AM
On nannies being absent, two options that I have used. 1. Create a live in sim to care for the children. 2. Use the testing cheat to create a robot with family aspiration. Both can find their own place when no longer needed.
Lab Assistant
#3234 Old 1st Jun 2018 at 4:03 AM
One of my sims went bonkers after his pregnant wife died from a serious case of "too tired to eat, too hungry to sleep". Fortunately I could exit without saving and made sure that wouldn't happen again...

Mad Poster
#3235 Old 1st Jun 2018 at 6:39 AM
A bunch of my sims graduated from college, and two guys who were cousins (named Dan and Josh) both moved in with girlfriends (Josh with Heather Huffington, and Dan with a former police officer named Jennifer). Josh and Heather had a baby, and Jennifer had a baby with a random townie because she was romance/family and was low aspiration and she needed to woohoo someone and have a baby immediately, lol. Then Josh met Jennifer and they both decided they wanted to get engaged, and then Jennifer met Heather and decided she was hot and long story short now they all live in one house with the two babies and now Dan is pregnant with a third baby because of aliens and Josh and Jennifer both want another one now that they're married, and everyone sleeps with everyone else except for the two that are literally first cousins. Who said you can't have two moms *and* two dads, anyway?
Forum Resident
#3236 Old 1st Jun 2018 at 10:32 AM
AN UPDATE ON KEYHOLE CITY: I made a city house and I'm uber proud of it! I've placed it around the city centre in my town.
Theorist
#3237 Old 1st Jun 2018 at 3:43 PM
Quote: Originally posted by didyouevenmakeasound
AN UPDATE ON KEYHOLE CITY: I made a city house and I'm uber proud of it! I've placed it around the city centre in my town.

May we see a picture?

Taking an extended break from Sims stuff. Might be around, might not.
Forum Resident
#3238 Old 1st Jun 2018 at 9:56 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Orphalesion
May we see a picture?

Sure!
For saying I suck at building houses, this turned out very well, I think :D

that is, assuming the pictures show up I haven't FULLY gotten the hang of formatting on this site yet...

Scholar
#3239 Old 1st Jun 2018 at 11:18 PM
just finished playing the first graduates in dinglebogian village;but my game crashed right before the last one left and now i'll have to start again...

My Tumblr
Scholar
#3240 Old 1st Jun 2018 at 11:54 PM
Oh no @Emerald1234! That's horrible when it happens

Over in my latest PV, Tara Long (Kat) and her hubby Ben have just welcomed 4th child Kara to the family, a baby sister to Megan and twins Michael and Kevin. The boys are now toddlers and learning skills fast, while Megan has developed a taste for cat food - it's hard work keeping her away from the pet bowls. Still, all the kiddies love their furry family members: I caught Michael hugging Faline and planting a kiss on her head! Megan does it to Sophie and Moses (the offspring of Mickey and Samantha, although both of them seem to have Mickey's base colour and not much else markings-wise). Tara wants yet another child, Ben just wants to gain skills... and I'd like to have Moses mate with Faline before too much longer!

No need to use my full name, "Selly" will do just fine.
Mad Poster
#3241 Old 2nd Jun 2018 at 12:01 AM
I keep trying to play the Hawkins twins' birthday. It's crashed twice and frozen once. And real life stuff is draining my energy.
I think I'll play Retropleasantspot for awhile.

Ugly is in the heart of the beholder.
(My simblr isSim Media Res . Widespot,Widespot RFD: The Subhood, and Land Grant University are all available here. In case you care.)
Top Secret Researcher
#3242 Old 2nd Jun 2018 at 12:33 AM
I haven't had time to play for so long! In my medieval hood, the castle is still waiting to be stormed by a claimant to the throne. The preceding battle had no definite winner. Of course I plan for the usurper to fail but the king will be fatally injured. I imagine then, that his brother will inherit. All very interesting - in theory. I just need to play it!
Scholar
#3243 Old 2nd Jun 2018 at 1:28 PM
i was getting bored in emerald heights,so i decided to add a man who will ruin everything he is called scummy McDeath.

he will start his reign of terror by kidnapping prisoners to become his slaves;they will also be his test subjects i think i'll start with the wood family.
Screenshots

My Tumblr
Mad Poster
#3244 Old 2nd Jun 2018 at 6:36 PM
I started playing Shady Shores. The town is under quarantine because of all the deaths. The government thinks this is due to some contagious disease, so most access has been cut off (no services etc. except the automatic ones like newspapers and mail). The true cause of the deaths is a contaminated water supply. The company that owns the leaking chemical storage tank has fixed the problem, but they aren't saying anything because they don't want to deal with the lawsuits and bad publicity.

I started with the Goodsetter house because they were the first family to be afflicted according to the backstory. I used the Visitor Controller to ban strays and townies (none were ever created anyway). The welcoming committee consisted of the three other playable elders in town. Esra Parks flicked Karen in the nose as soon as she was greeted. After lunch, she hogged the only bathroom so she could play with her flour sack baby. I decided that this was good a reason as any to say goodbye to everybody.

After the guests left, they continued to do walkbys constantly. It occurred to me - WHO'S WATCHING YOUR KIDS WHILE YOU'RE STALKING MY SIM??? So I saved the Goodsetter house and visited everybody else just long enough to give them prisoner tags. You can all wander the neighborhood AFTER all the tots have aged up to children!

Baby Tammy kept erroring constantly for no apparent reason (the log file didn't help). I finally got it to mostly stop by deleting the cribs and placing Atavera's floor blankets where they could be accessed from all sides.

I had Karen start a tomato garden. This was a bad idea. Not only was it unnecessary (the food supplies in the fridge didn't drop very much over the first week), it was just too much work to look after because I made it too large and Karen was too exhausted to deal with the toddlers much. After a chat with Professor Von Ball, she spent much of the rest of the week panhandling (Karen is Knowledge and I gave her a Fortune secondary).

In spite of my incompetence, everybody survived long enough for the kids to age up. That very night, the ghost of one of their grandparents insisted on meeting both of them (yay, no pee puddles!). Meanwhile Karen interacted with her social bunny. I don't know why it didn't occurr to me to have her call one of the three other playables she met on her first day. She couldn't socialize with the tots much because either she or they were asleep. At least I (hopefully) learned enough that raising the neighbors' kids should be at least a little easier.
Screenshots
Mad Poster
#3245 Old 2nd Jun 2018 at 10:26 PM
Playing a neighborhood starting with two households. Since it's in an era where electricity has yet to be invented and the tribes only live of vegetation livestock.

P.S. Sorry for my bad english.
Mad Poster
#3246 Old 2nd Jun 2018 at 11:12 PM
Draft notices are going out in Retropleasantspot! Julien Cooke, Cyd Roseland, and Chester Gieke all received theirs at the Goodies' boarding house, and they moved out to reside in the Men's Barracks, to be trained by Drill Sgt. Preston Yukon. Fortunately, Herbert and Faith can be trusted to look after Porthos; but the boarding house feels a little empty now, with just Sanjay and Priya in residence.

The only adult men in the area who are safe are Hamilton Beech and Don Lothario, who actually served in The War and therefore have completed their service. Malcolm Landgraab IV got a college exemption and was immediately hired by a law firm on graduation, and may be able to pull enough strings to evade it entirely, but this remains to be seen. Maybe I can figure out a way to have him in the National Guard...

Ugly is in the heart of the beholder.
(My simblr isSim Media Res . Widespot,Widespot RFD: The Subhood, and Land Grant University are all available here. In case you care.)
Scholar
#3247 Old 2nd Jun 2018 at 11:20 PM
after the game crashed i'm restarting college for the dingleboggers household.

this is them after they all got onto the deans list.
Screenshots

My Tumblr
Theorist
#3248 Old 2nd Jun 2018 at 11:31 PM
I have now a family with five children!

So I have these two Sims; Andrew Oldie (Herb's younger brother, Mary-Sue's uncle) and Joy Oldie (nee Newbie, Bob's younger sister and Brandi's aunt) I originally only made those two because I really wanted a Newbie-Oldie wedding, because of the names.
Since then they have become favourites. Andrew was a professional wrestler until recently, but since he's getting on in the years he was looking for a different career and has been trying for some time to break into acting, something which was recently successful, he's now a Supporting Player in movies. Joy's a fashion designer and friends with all the important people in the neighbourhood.

Now they are both family Sims, so you can imagine what that means and their LTW are "Have 6 Grandchildren"(Andrew) and "Marry off 6 Children"(Joy, I have the mod that counts same-sex marriage towards the fulfillment of that LTW) initially I was only going to fulfill Andrew's LTW and planned for them to have 3 children. The children came and I gave them a sort of theme naming by having the names start with a K or hard C sound. They where Kyra, Keith and Catherine just earlier I started their house for the rotation and since both of them had wants for a baby, I though I give them one more. 4 Children ain't so bad....so of course Joy has twins; Kasey (boy) and and Kelly (girl).
Now I'm pretty sure I'm going to fulfill Joy's LTW after all....whether it's 5 children or 6 is already a moot point, so whatever 6 children for them, they can afford them.

Of course with Bob and Betty's 4 children (Portia, Billy-Ray, Walker and Brandi) that means the third generation of the Newbie family line will be 10 Sims strong hahahaha.
Considering Brandi is already destined to have three children and all the others will have at least one (adopted in Walker's case, since he's homosexual) it will be like a Newbie invasion in the neighbourhood! The fourth generation will be 13 Sims, at the very least!

Taking an extended break from Sims stuff. Might be around, might not.
Mad Poster
#3249 Old 3rd Jun 2018 at 12:01 AM
When I last left the Tiger family, I was in tears. The family was in the prison colony. They had four toddlers and had just finished building a very rudimentary structure, no roof or floors yet. Then the adults and two of the babies dies, leaving a couple of little toddlers sitting in hot sun on baked ground, just looking around.

I checked back in. There was a toddler blanket on the ground, but it was little help when the rain started at night. Finally, the babies grew up. The first thing Colson, the boy, did, was run to the genie and resurrect someone to take care of them. Okay, he accidentally resurrected a stranger instead of his parents, but Jacob took his duty seriously. He even has a job, so there's money coming in. In the dark of the night, Aldric Davis, a chum from school came knocking on the door.

The story he told was a sad, but common, one. He had just completed college shortly before the NR took over. He just couldn't find a job. This turned the Big Eye on him when tax season came. The prior night as he was lying in the field by his house stargazing, a limo pulled up in front of his house. It was the dead of night. That only meant one thing. Per law any unemployed man may be brought into "service" as an Eye to spy on households.

This is a type of slavery and Aldric didn't want it, of course. He knew where Jacob lived, so after the strong men failed to find him, he booked out of his town and hopped the freight that traverses the colony. The two men agreed to ban together.

Meanwhile, at the castle, Lord Krankor's handmaid gifted him with a little boy. He was in ecstasy over the boy. One of his court told him the story of the struggling Tiger family stranded in the colony. Lord Krankor forgave the family and they have now relocated to a cute little house in Sunny Meadows.

"Fear not little flock, for it hath pleased your Father to give you a kingdom". Luke 12:32 Chris Hatch's family friendly files archived on SFS: http://www.modthesims.info/showthread.php?t=603534 . Bulbizarre's website: https://archiveofourown.org/users/C...CoveredPortals/
Inventor
#3250 Old 3rd Jun 2018 at 7:03 AM
I created my first eye color! I tested them on another test family (the Throwaway family in my Test Hood 2) and these are the results:

what_makes_you_haha.mp3
SFS uploads
Page 130 of 349