Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
The ModFather
retired moderator
#401 Old 17th Feb 2008 at 7:52 PM
At step 20, you should have a list of file types in the Resource tree, among which you should find the GMDC (Geometry Data Container: don't confuse it with the Geometry Node, GMND). If there is no GMDC in your package, then probably you have cloned it uncorrectly; in particular, be sure that the cloning option "Reference original mesh" is NOT selected, when cloning.

PS: if you don't see the Resource Tree at all, then you just have to enlarge the SimPE window.

I've finally started my Journal. Information only, no questions.

My latest activity: CEP 9.2.0! - AnyGameStarter 2.1.1 (UPD) - Scriptorium v.2.2f - Photo & Plaques hide with walls - Magazine Rack (UPD) - Animated Windows Hack (UPD) - Custom Instrument Hack (UPD) - Drivable Cars Without Nightlife (UPD) - Courtesy Lights (FIX) - Custom Fence-Arches - Painting-TV - Smarter Lights (UPD)

I *DON'T* accept requests, sorry.
Advertisement
Test Subject
#402 Old 18th Mar 2008 at 5:51 AM
I've done everything correctly, and I'm stuck at step 20 as well.
Test Subject
#403 Old 8th Jun 2008 at 4:08 AM
hello! i know you probably get SOOO many questions but
could someone tell me what the end table folder is in step 7?
i am totally lost on that!
The ModFather
retired moderator
#404 Old 8th Jun 2008 at 11:05 AM
The mentioned "End table folder" is a folder created by yourself, somewhere on your hard disk, purposely to store the temporary files needed for the tutorial. The only requirement is to create this folder outside the EA Games folder!

My latest activity: CEP 9.2.0! - AnyGameStarter 2.1.1 (UPD) - Scriptorium v.2.2f - Photo & Plaques hide with walls - Magazine Rack (UPD) - Animated Windows Hack (UPD) - Custom Instrument Hack (UPD) - Drivable Cars Without Nightlife (UPD) - Courtesy Lights (FIX) - Custom Fence-Arches - Painting-TV - Smarter Lights (UPD)

Test Subject
#405 Old 8th Jun 2008 at 7:35 PM
Oh, okay. Thanks.
^.^ You'd think I would have thought of that.
Test Subject
#406 Old 10th Jul 2008 at 3:37 AM Last edited by soccerskyman : 10th Jul 2008 at 7:17 PM.
I tried this and when I uplode the mesh in SimPE, You can only see one face of the mesh at a time and everything else is invisible. when you turn the camera, the visible face turns invisible, and a different face turns visible. (that sounds counfusing) What am I doing wrong?
Test Subject
#407 Old 21st Sep 2008 at 9:46 AM
Thanks Mod BV
Test Subject
#408 Old 7th Oct 2008 at 3:25 AM
i think i misunderstood step 11?! and i DO NOT get step 20 AT ALL!
Test Subject
#409 Old 15th Oct 2008 at 7:14 PM
THANK YOU!!!! I have been waiting so long for an object tutorial that doesn't involve Milkshape. This is so brilliant! please make more! I want to know how to do everything without milkshape! Thanks!
The ModFather
retired moderator
#410 Old 16th Oct 2008 at 2:01 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Bectaaa
I want to know how to do everything without milkshape! Thanks!

You can't As long as you deal with non-animated meshes, then Wings is wonderful (I use it, too); but when it comes to work with joints, and animated meshes (including clothings), then Milkshape is the cheapest solution available, and Wings is no use. Almost
I dislike Milkshape, too, and therefore I use Wings to modify the mesh, and Milkshape just to assign the mesh to the joints; it's probably longer that editing the mesh with Milkshape, but I just don't feel comfortable with it.

Test Subject
#411 Old 8th Nov 2008 at 7:06 PM
Hey I have a quick question you know how at the top middle you see triangles? Well I see squares does that make a difference? And if it does how can i fix it?
The ModFather
retired moderator
#412 Old 8th Nov 2008 at 7:37 PM
It makes no difference. The older versions of Wings used pyramids, while the more recent ones use cubes, but the purpose of those icons is exactly the same.

Test Subject
#413 Old 11th Dec 2008 at 12:12 AM
listen, i am making other object, and as i'm doing it, it as more then one mesh, how do I put 'em together to make 'em become one single mesh?
Mad Poster
#414 Old 20th Dec 2008 at 10:18 PM
I'm having a problem, after I get into the GMDC nothing is there. I can't access the materials
Retired Duck
retired moderator
#415 Old 19th Feb 2009 at 11:35 PM
RiBlan, we'll need a bit more information. Does the GMDC file exist? Or is the problem that it has no data in it? Perhaps you could post a copy of the file you are working on?
Test Subject
#416 Old 23rd Apr 2009 at 2:13 AM
In part 2 I can't find the Geometric Data Container. I tried this before(yesterday) and it wasn't there then either. Am I doing something wrong? Everything else is right(I think).
Test Subject
#417 Old 11th May 2009 at 1:28 PM
Problem, I can't check the "material" box in step 21
Lab Assistant
#418 Old 3rd Jun 2009 at 9:39 PM Last edited by Lynn_aka : 3rd Jun 2009 at 11:16 PM.
I'm stucked on part 8. When I click at object workshop it doesn'r appear this window we can see at step 9. What am doing wrong? Resolved that...

Now when I object data at SimPE, it doesn't show up anything where shoub be a box. Is blanky. Is it normal take several time to load stuff?

Forever young...
Test Subject
#419 Old 11th Jun 2009 at 4:03 PM
Could somone tell me where that End Table Folder is? I cant find it
Test Subject
#420 Old 10th Jul 2009 at 10:25 AM
End Table Folder
Quote: Originally posted by NessieCCullen
Could somone tell me where that End Table Folder is? I cant find it

You have to make that folder 'End Table' by yourself. Just right-click on thye desktop, new, folder. Then call it 'End Table'.
Test Subject
#421 Old 10th Jul 2009 at 10:42 AM Last edited by tj0nge : 10th Jul 2009 at 10:49 AM. Reason: solved
plugin view
I donĀ“t get that plugin view from step 12, on that picture:
(http://thumbs.modthesims2.com/getim...le=103092&stc=1)

SOLVED!
Beneath everything in SimPE, is a list with: package, resource, wrapper, PLUGIN VIEW (I needed this one) and Hex. Just clicked on Plugin View...
Test Subject
#422 Old 10th Jul 2009 at 10:44 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Lynn_aka
I'm stucked on part 8. When I click at object workshop it doesn'r appear this window we can see at step 9. What am doing wrong? Resolved that...

Now when I object data at SimPE, it doesn't show up anything where shoub be a box. Is blanky. Is it normal take several time to load stuff?

If you get a lot of objects ( for example lots of expansion and stuff packs) it will take a while to load the objects. I got that too.
Test Subject
#423 Old 10th Jul 2009 at 11:46 AM Last edited by tj0nge : 10th Jul 2009 at 12:14 PM. Reason: incomplete
Step #43, too many vertices or faces
When i' ve reached step #43, SimPE gives the following error:
'(...) too many vertices or faces'
I think I can solve this problem by making my objects (a fountain) less smooth, but I don't know how How can I do that or is there any other way to solve this ' problem'?
Test Subject
#424 Old 24th Jan 2010 at 12:41 AM
This is utterly amazing. I never thought I would be able to make my own objects! Thanks so much!!
Test Subject
#425 Old 25th May 2010 at 4:24 PM
I have there sometimes a question: Now I have here 1 box and 1 cylinder as a table! But when I have said I want to be supposed to substitute TOGETHER material only one angular box that came there floated. I have tried everything, however, it did not leave. Please, help me!
Lots of love FAFADA!
Page 17 of 18