Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 18th Apr 2016 at 3:19 AM
Default Help with Transparency Issue in Game
I've been having transparency problems with the wings of this functional wand. It works in game, but the part around the wing that's supposed to be transparent, isn't. It shows up how it's supposed to in TSRW. Please let me know how to fix this. Thank you in advanced.

In Game:

In TSRW:

Like supernatural sims stuff? Visit my site where I'll be uploading some goodies! http://eternal2ndsims.tumblr.com/tagged/downloads
Advertisement
Virtual gardener
staff: administrator
#2 Old 18th Apr 2016 at 1:46 PM Last edited by Greenplumbbob : 22nd Apr 2016 at 6:47 PM.
Does it happen to be a accessory or just a object? For the accessory, you could try this:

Click your MODL (or GEOM) file and click on Grid

Then, you want to expand 'ChuckEntries

When you expanded 'ChuckEntries', find the right ChuckEntries. In this case, mine was in [02]ChuckEntries. Then you expand the RCOLBlock tag and now, if you have the right one, you can see it has a Shader tag included. "But how do I find the right Chuck entries?" You need to find a chuckentry that has a 'shader' tag as displayed in step 3. For GEOMS they're usually in [01]ChuckEntries, but sometimes they aren't.

Now you can expand the shader tag by clicking on this arrow-like icon. From there you can select any shader you want. For you, I would recommend to use 'simhair'. You want to select this shader IF you want a mesh to be transparent AND if it has a Alpha channel in it. I've never tried this with the wands, but I'm sure it would work out with both accessories and objects. ^-^
Test Subject
Original Poster
#3 Old 18th Apr 2016 at 5:26 PM
It's an object. I tried that and it didn't work. I tried making it a phong alpha as well and that didn't work.

Like supernatural sims stuff? Visit my site where I'll be uploading some goodies! http://eternal2ndsims.tumblr.com/tagged/downloads
Virtual gardener
staff: administrator
#4 Old 19th Apr 2016 at 5:09 PM
You're sure you did it to all MLODS? I forgot to mentioned it. So, if you haven't, you could try change all the MLOD's into Phong Alpha or Simhair. But, DO NOT Change the MLOD with the 'dropshadow' shader. this one is the one with the shadow under your object.