Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#1 Old 10th Oct 2011 at 10:02 AM
Help!Head in the air!
I was once making a mesh for my game,but when I opened Bodyshop,I found that there is no mesh,and the maneqen's head is hanging in the air!If someone knows how to fix it,help me!If there is another topic about such problem,please give me a link!
Advertisement
world renowned whogivesafuckologist
retired moderator
#2 Old 10th Oct 2011 at 10:11 AM
That can be due to a missing mesh (either you didn't put it in the Downloads folder, or Body Shop isn't finding it due to an incorrect mesh link) or a bone assignments issue. Probably best to remake your recolour/mesh package and relink them. You can probably still use your existing modified mesh, just make sure the bone assignments are correct and that you haven't lost them by running them through in OBJ format (the correct way to do all of this is covered on the Unimesh 1 tutorial).

my simblr (sometimes nsfw)

“Dude, suckin’ at something is the first step to being sorta good at something.”
Panquecas, panquecas e mais panquecas.
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#3 Old 10th Oct 2011 at 11:11 AM
I don't use OBJ Extractor,so it's not bones.I linked everything correctly,just it happened after I deleted cache files for fixing my accessory.And the basegame mesh I used as a base has gone too!
retired moderator
#4 Old 10th Oct 2011 at 11:15 AM
If you'd done it correctly, it'd be working. You didn't do the "fix integrity" part correctly, as the mesh you used as a base is missing, so there's probably some other bits you've missed in linking and whatnot as well. Go back and try it again from the start, using your modified mesh.

“Dude, suckin’ at something is the first step to being sorta good at something.”
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#5 Old 10th Oct 2011 at 11:43 AM
And how can I bring the lost mesh back to basegame?
retired moderator
#6 Old 10th Oct 2011 at 11:44 AM
Remove your current mesh package, as it's not done properly. Start over with gathering the four mesh parts, do fix integrity, link to a new recolour package, and replace the GMDC in your new mesh package with the one you already made.

Field Researcher
Original Poster
#7 Old 10th Oct 2011 at 12:04 PM
No,you don't understand.All the mesh and texture resources are missing in the game files.
retired moderator
#8 Old 10th Oct 2011 at 12:16 PM
What? What do you mean? How do you know?

Field Researcher
Original Poster
#9 Old 10th Oct 2011 at 1:02 PM
I opened the game files with my SimPE.
retired moderator
#10 Old 10th Oct 2011 at 1:05 PM
Which game files did you open? Cos you must have SERIOUSLY screwed something up to somehow delete all the mesh and texture resources, yet not the files themselves.
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#11 Old 10th Oct 2011 at 1:13 PM
Sims02,Sims03,Sims04,Sims05,Sims06,Sims07.But I didn't delete anything!
Lab Assistant
#12 Old 10th Oct 2011 at 6:29 PM Last edited by J_Fanning : 11th Oct 2011 at 3:14 PM.
Another question, kind of related to this...hope I am not hi-jacking the thread by asking this. But I kind of have the same problem, but in-game. Don't know enough about Sim PE to monkey inside the game to fix it. I knew it was a missing body mesh but don't know how to find out which one. So how do I find out what mesh I am missing so that I can add it? I already have this sim as a playable, so I'm not sure if I should just kill her or what, as I can't remember WHERE I got this sim, but she was a premade one to begin with. Is she saveable? Any ideas?

I ran across this in some instructions I have, and I wonder if this will work, even though the problem does not show up until I am in the game.

boolprop testingCheatsEnabled true

Then use Shift-N before creating a Sim to show hidden outfits.

Shift-M will hide them again.

Be sure to turn off the cheat when finished:

boolprop testingCheatsEnabled false

Will this give me an idea of what I am missing?

Mad Poster
#13 Old 11th Oct 2011 at 8:24 PM
No, that won't help, J Fanning. If you're missing a mesh, it just won't show up... whether you show hidden outfits or not.
Lab Assistant
#14 Old 11th Oct 2011 at 9:33 PM
How do I find out what meshes ARE missing? I thought moving my dl folder into a new installation of the game, that everything would follow, as everything related to downloads go into that folder (unlike in Sims1, when you had seperate folders for skins, etc.). What am I doing wrong? All of my folders are arranged by type, not by maker, so I am not sure how to spot what exactly IS missing. And to use Delphy's download organizer shows no orphan files or broken body shop files. Am I missing something?
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#15 Old 12th Oct 2011 at 5:12 PM
And in my case,Download Organizer shows that files with missing meshes are orphan.How to fix it?
Forum Resident
#16 Old 14th Oct 2011 at 9:10 PM
Quote: Originally posted by J_Fanning
How do I find out what meshes ARE missing? I thought moving my dl folder into a new installation of the game, that everything would follow, as everything related to downloads go into that folder (unlike in Sims1, when you had seperate folders for skins, etc.). What am I doing wrong? All of my folders are arranged by type, not by maker, so I am not sure how to spot what exactly IS missing. And to use Delphy's download organizer shows no orphan files or broken body shop files. Am I missing something?
I don't have download manager but, i can tell you that when you open bodyshop,you can switch between different clothing & you'll see that the one's that are missing a mesh usually show up as maxis clothes & not the recolors that were suppose to be together with the custom mesh. So, if they show up as maxis, you'll definitely know there's a lack of mesh. I hope I helped you. I personally arrange my downloads by name of the site,the artist & finally the product. Then right click somewhere inside download folder & arrange by name alphabetically. There are many methods. I'm not quite sure but,if you place some meshes within a subfolder might make it that the game doesn't read that info about the mesh if you're certain that you do have the mesh.
Lab Assistant
#17 Old 18th Oct 2011 at 9:22 PM
Yes, they do that in BS too, so I know there are several that are missing the meshes. Just am not sure how to find out which. In the past, if an item of clothing showed up in BS like that, I'd just delete it. This particular sim had her own clothes for each outfit, and since I liked them, I kept most of them. And she does not show a problem...until she hits the shower or bath. Then the whole body is gone. So the missing mesh could be in a sub folder and it's missing it. I'll give it a look to see if I can locate it.
I too, usually arrange by site, but I wanted to get rid of a few dl's to begin a new, seperate installation of the game, to maybe create a themed game. So I used one of the programs to arrange everything by type, so I could just start out with what I thought were the essentials: mods, clothes, skins, hairstyles and makeup, etc.) and I left all building items, deco, and objects out of this installation. That is where I messed up, I am sure. Just not sure how to fix it!
Forum Resident
#18 Old 21st Oct 2011 at 12:40 AM
Default Hello:
Yes, they do that in BS too, so I know there are several that are missing the meshes. Just am not sure how to find out which. In the past, if an item of clothing showed up in BS like that, I'd just delete it. This particular sim had her own clothes for each outfit, and since I liked them, I kept most of them. And she does not show a problem...until she hits the shower or bath. Then the whole body is gone. So the missing mesh could be in a sub folder and it's missing it. I'll give it a look to see if I can locate it.
I too, usually arrange by site, but I wanted to get rid of a few dl's to begin a new, seperate installation of the game, to maybe create a themed game. So I used one of the programs to arrange everything by type, so I could just start out with what I thought were the essentials: mods, clothes, skins, hairstyles and makeup, etc.) and I left all building items, deco, and objects out of this installation. That is where I messed up, I am sure. Just not sure how to fix it!
If the whole sim is missing when they're taking shower that could be a bottom nude& a top nude mesh missing. Usually the skintone is linked to those meshes so when sims get nude they get that body shape along with that skintone. But then, if the top& bottom nude are missing or displaced somewhere,they should maybe revert to the maxis shape I think. Is this a bodyshape along with clothes & skintone that you have downloaded? If yes, then you can redownload the meshes needed & if you start up sim2pack installer & click on downloads to see them all arrange it by type & if there's two of the same mesh usually the extra one is pink outlined so' you can remove it I think. If you can not find the mesh, I suggest starting a new thread at WCIF section & some old timmer might be able to locate that particular mesh for you I'm not 100 percent on everything as I'm struggling to get some strait answers sometimes but, it's tougher nowadays it seems. I usally fire up sims2pack Clean Installer to see if there are duplicates of the same item somewhere cause, that happens from time to time. Good luck to you, I think sims2 is a very addicting game but, I still like it more than any other game I have. BTW if you know the name of the bodyshape, the first thing to do is to fire up simpack2 installer & choose downloads& select by type & then look under meshes for a nude bottom& a nude top for just that body shape. Then if you find them, move to the far right to see if they're in some sub folder. Those two meshes along with that particular skintone that was linked to them, will make your sim appear solid when taking shower. Good luck to you.
Lab Assistant
#19 Old 21st Oct 2011 at 5:54 PM
Those seem to be the steps I keep taking, but I have had not luck with the results. I truely don't know which one is missing, but it only occurs when the sim is showering or using the restroom. Any other time, she changes into something, and all is visible. At no time does her head disappear. I suspect it is a slim BB mesh I am missing, yet I keep re-installing all of these meshes into the game, run Clean Installer, disable the duplicates, and I still have the problem. So I now when I have began to believe it is a different body set I am missing, I now have another female sim doing the same thing, and I know she has the slim bb body shape. UGH! I think I may just yank everything out and begin again, until I can locate just exactly which one is missing. And I wish I felt more comfortable trying my hand at SimPE, but the program just scares the bejesus out of me...don't ask me why, I think it may just be the program can do TOO much, and I know I'll screw something up, lol.
Well, I'll play around with it some more this weekend and hopefully, I'll stumble upon the answer. Thanks for the help!
Forum Resident
#20 Old 22nd Oct 2011 at 12:12 AM Last edited by telefen : 22nd Oct 2011 at 3:04 AM. Reason: more info
Those seem to be the steps I keep taking, but I have had not luck with the results. I truely don't know which one is missing, but it only occurs when the sim is showering or using the restroom. Any other time, she changes into something, and all is visible. At no time does her head disappear. I suspect it is a slim BB mesh I am missing, yet I keep re-installing all of these meshes into the game, run Clean Installer, disable the duplicates, and I still have the problem. So I now when I have began to believe it is a different body set I am missing, I now have another female sim doing the same thing, and I know she has the slim bb body shape. UGH! I think I may just yank everything out and begin again, until I can locate just exactly which one is missing. And I wish I felt more comfortable trying my hand at SimPE, but the program just scares the bejesus out of me...don't ask me why, I think it may just be the program can do TOO much, and I know I'll screw something up, lol.
Well, I'll play around with it some more this weekend and hopefully, I'll stumble upon the answer. Thanks for the help!
But my dear friend, there's a mistake cause, I have slimBB in my game & it is a male bodyshape not a female one. I suspect you got it from insim or insim adult site so, most likey if it's marvines creation, then it's the athletic girl mesh we're talking about right? It definetily has nothing to do with slimBB since, it's a male mesh. You follow me? . Try to remember where you got the mesh from. I suspect it's either athletic girl or BB girl with the big arms which both are marvines at insim.
Go to the Forum & look after retired artists at insim & look for marvine& Beoxboxboy creations thereafter ,female projects & that's where you'll find athletic gairl,slimBB guy,& BBgirl etc.etc.meshes & skintones. Try because, when you mention slimBB, you make me think of those marvine's stuff. Edited: I just came to think about this. You said she shows up with some other outfits well if she show up in swimsuitOr undies then, take a print screen picture of her showing the fronal view standing & post it here. If I have a look I can probably tell you which bodyshape it is. I've had athletic girl in my game for yrs so, if it's her, I'll tell you right away go grab the meshes. if you're not familiar with posting pictures or so, I can help you cause, I just recently learned that myself. I'm very slow with certain things. sort of like an old steam train. but, I manage to reach my destination at the end anyway.
Lab Assistant
#21 Old 25th Oct 2011 at 8:03 PM
I have several of the BB type of meshes, both for the male and females. I have grabbed them from several sites, insim being one of them. I have also used the ones from Curvalicious Sims, so I probably do have something mixed up, the more I think of it. So I will do that this evening. I will try to grab a screenshot of the 2 doing this. The athletic girl are meshes I have added lately, and when I was looking at the various special skins you can choose from in the CAS screen, I had not noticed before just how many variations of this there are. Darn, maybe I should just take them all out. It may be too big of a mess to straighten out. Well, I'll give this a shot before I give up, as I REALLY like these in the game and make our simmies look more realistic.
I'll be back with more! Thanks for the help!
Forum Resident
#22 Old 26th Oct 2011 at 8:31 AM Last edited by telefen : 26th Oct 2011 at 8:39 AM. Reason: info more of
Default Sorting it out is best.
I have several of the BB type of meshes, both for the male and females. I have grabbed them from several sites, insim being one of them. I have also used the ones from Curvalicious Sims, so I probably do have something mixed up, the more I think of it. So I will do that this evening. I will try to grab a screenshot of the 2 doing this. The athletic girl are meshes I have added lately, and when I was looking at the various special skins you can choose from in the CAS screen, I had not noticed before just how many variations of this there are. Darn, maybe I should just take them all out. It may be too big of a mess to straighten out. Well, I'll give this a shot before I give up, as I REALLY like these in the game and make our simmies look more realistic.
I'll be back with more! Thanks for the help!
a pile of clothes washed/dried&conviniently thrown on the sofa,that's what me& my son do cause,we haven't got time as all the extra time goes to playing games. Sometimes I had to sort it all out one category at a time until I could find a pair of matching socks.
If you recently got athletic girl well, keep her & remove all the rest of meshes as well as downloaded recolors belonging to same mesh & put them all neatly in a folder on desktop or other place. Then You can take one bodyshape&it's recolors out at a time & put into download folder& run the game to see if they show up. At the end or sometime you'll be encountered with the mesh that's missing some parts, most likly a bottom& a top since you said the sim looks invisible when naked. I think curvalicious uses warlock meshes. Ya I think it's 34DE-36. I looked at my favorites & Mailman here at MTS has some bikini&lingerei for that size & I believe curvalicious sims are using the same mesh. So, look for that at Warlock's bodyshapes. I think maybe that's what you're missing maybe. Good luck
Lab Assistant
#23 Old 26th Oct 2011 at 5:46 PM Last edited by J_Fanning : 26th Oct 2011 at 7:11 PM.
I did not get a chance to get on the computer last night (company and all), but in looking at a site today while I am here at work, I noticed that there is a third site I have dl'd them from too. DL Muslow at Simantics has many at their site, and they were the first I began using. If one were to pick, which would you use? Insim, Curvalicious, or DLMuslow (simantics)? They are all GREAT looking, and really make yours sims look SOOOOOO much better, lol.
I will try your idea, for I hate the idea of taking them all out. Could the problem be I have too many from different sites, and they are somehow conflicting with each other, only it is not showing up as anything more than a duplicate in the organizer? I use it everytime I add anything to the game, and immediately disable anything that shows up as a duplicate. Could I just be disabling the mesh I need out of ignorance and not even realize that "I" may be the problem? (scratching head) :D
Forum Resident
#24 Old 26th Oct 2011 at 9:59 PM
I did not get a chance to get on the computer last night (company and all), but in looking at a site today while I am here at work, I noticed that there is a third site I have dl'd them from too. DL Muslow at Simantics has many at their site, and they were the first I began using. If one were to pick, which would you use? Insim, Curvalicious, or DLMuslow (simantics)? They are all GREAT looking, and really make yours sims look SOOOOOO much better, lol.
I will try your idea, for I hate the idea of taking them all out. Could the problem be I have too many from different sites, and they are somehow conflicting with each other, only it is not showing up as anything more than a duplicate in the organizer? I use it everytime I add anything to the game, and immediately disable anything that shows up as a duplicate. Could I just be disabling the mesh I need out of ignorance and not even realize that "I" may be the problem? (scratching head) :D

If you ask me which site to use, I can tell you I tried DL Muslow & I couldn't get in cause, it requires registration& I'm too laxy for that but, as far as curvalicious site, the only thing I remember is that they had lots of sexy clothes but,i'm not sure if they have their own meshes. If you want some solid work choose either insim& go with marvines stuff or warlock which also has lots of clothes for. What kind of bodyshape are you interested in? Do you want something a bit curvy & normal then choose warlocks 34DE-36 & I think that's what curvalicious sims uses also warlock has a maid outfit tailored to that size. Mailman here has a few sexy swimwear& lingerei for that size as well.
Otherwise if you want a bit more athletic look, then Athletic girl at insim is defenitely the right choice & there's plenty of clothes out there for it including some nice mini dresses with.. oh well I don't remember the name some nice heels shoes& transformers by Cynnix at the Garden of shadows site. No reg required & they got lots of nice things. Too bad creators like warlock& Marvine retired cause, they were both good at bodyshapes & clothes.
In my game playing I used to have several different body shapes before /booty gal,athletic girl, zenman's curvy(MTS) & a few others & so on but, soon I relized it was more hassle than fun cause,I had to constantly choose & compromize as to which body was worth downloading for because of many other technical & not the least computer capacity. Today, I have just one bodyshape which I've had for about two yrs( something I created myself) She's very curvy without being fat & I just make new clothes for it from time to time so, just to have a variety but, the advantage is that I know exactly where everything is in D/L folder & no headaches. For my males i use slimBB & there's a lots of clothes for him although some look a bit old fashioned cause it was made long ago but one can always use new texture to give a new look. Let me know how it goes. Good luck. (oops my cute little green turtle is missing) nevermind he'll show up again.
Lab Assistant
#25 Old 27th Oct 2011 at 5:35 PM
That is what I should probably do, as I did not have any problems when I just used the male sbb. I was using only one creator, and it all worked well. When I added the female ones from Curvalicious, I didn't have too much trouble, but I really didn't have many outfits for this to be a problem, so I would only use the female meshes for a certain sim who needed to be just a little more "full figured". But then I discovered others, and more outfits, lol, and somehow have a giant mess. I finally dl'd ALL the meshes/skin tones from the 3 sites I mentioned, and I have created a folder for each site. And enabled all of them! Now I know I'll have many duplicates showing up in Sims2pack installer program (as Delphy's Download Organizer tells me if I have a mod or hack, by not any duplicates...even though it is supposed to). But if I don't have any problems, I will just leave all enabled. Now, I just have to get my 2 simmies naked...now don't get any ideas, lol! I need to see if that fixed the missing body problem. If not, I'll grab some screen shots and maybe we can piece what is causing this. You mentioned warlock, whom I've heard of (don't know where)...was he/she a creator of sbb meshes/clothing? I have looked at GOS, I just love much of the clothes there, but I have had a regular sim I downloaded from there with the same problem a long time ago, and I didn't know what was happening with her, so she died a quick death and I have not put her back into the game. :D
Page 1 of 2