Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Sockpuppet
Original Poster
#1 Old 6th Jun 2009 at 11:01 AM
Import TS3 meshes in TS2 ?
Hi,

I think about clothes and hair meshes,
I would like to know the TS3 mesh is similar to TS2 mesh, maybe there are more vertices but is it the same skeleton and size ?

Are there some tools which allow to extract the 3D model ?
Advertisement
world renowned whogivesafuckologist
retired moderator
#2 Old 6th Jun 2009 at 11:10 AM
There are many more vertices, the skeleton is not the same, and while it may be the same size, that's the least of your worries. The textures are -quite- different too, and would be tough to convert.

my simblr (sometimes nsfw)

“Dude, suckin’ at something is the first step to being sorta good at something.”
Panquecas, panquecas e mais panquecas.
Test Subject
#3 Old 6th Jun 2009 at 12:06 PM
This is what dreams are made of....
Sockpuppet
Original Poster
#4 Old 6th Jun 2009 at 1:06 PM
Quote: Originally posted by HystericalParoxysm
There are many more vertices, the skeleton is not the same, and while it may be the same size, that's the least of your worries. The textures are -quite- different too, and would be tough to convert.

So it would be better to create a TS3-like mesh instead of using an original TS3 mesh.
world renowned whogivesafuckologist
retired moderator
#5 Old 6th Jun 2009 at 1:13 PM
Yes, definitely. I think you'd spend a lot longer trying to reduce poly count, remap, and re-assign - for not as nice of a result - than you would just taking inspiration from TS3 content and making it yourself from TS2 stuff.

my simblr (sometimes nsfw)

“Dude, suckin’ at something is the first step to being sorta good at something.”
Panquecas, panquecas e mais panquecas.