Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Scholar
Original Poster
#1 Old 21st Jul 2007 at 7:45 AM
Problem with adding Groups for men
Hello, I have a serious problem with adding groups for men. my goal is to make my own alpha Groups for men and make it behave like the Female Hula skirt just like I did here it has three groups total and it worked successfully. But not for Men

For Example.......

It has 3 Groups Success!!!

and the newly alpha mesh disappears too (Yay)

and here too by creating my own mesh using the Hula skirt. (Double Yay)

but when I do it for men......... (*Sigh*)

No luck What so Ever, it's giving me problems and refuse to not disappear.

It has two groups why Doesn't it disappear like the hula skirt? is the hula skirt only for females? also I tried to make try it to make it shiny like the hula skirt, what's weird about is that once I Imported my mesh it created new textures like the Envcube~alpha (to make it shiny) and it still doesn't show I don't know what to do next.
Advertisement
world renowned whogivesafuckologist
retired moderator
#2 Old 21st Jul 2007 at 7:50 AM
You don't have to add groups to make an alpha mesh for men like the hula skirt. You can use the hula outfit for men. Just make a new clone, link it to a recolour of that mesh, and then go into the recolour and change the gender value in the Property Set from 0x01 to 0x02 to make it a male mesh. Then replace the mesh parts in your new mesh file with whatever you want to use - the male body and male alpha parts. Male and female sims use the same skeleton so it works just fine. You're doing it the hard way.

my simblr (sometimes nsfw)

“Dude, suckin’ at something is the first step to being sorta good at something.”
Panquecas, panquecas e mais panquecas.
Scholar
Original Poster
#3 Old 21st Jul 2007 at 8:48 AM Last edited by 9b8ll : 21st Jul 2007 at 9:03 AM.
Can you Use the same method on teens and children Too? and do I have to make Import the Female hula mesh first and then Go to SimPE try to Fix it for male?
world renowned whogivesafuckologist
retired moderator
#4 Old 21st Jul 2007 at 9:02 AM
Yes - if there's a mesh for the opposite gender for that age with properties you would like, you can do the same thing - make a new clone, link it up, switch the gender in the recolour, and then just use whatever mesh parts you would like. Much, much easier than mucking about with adding groups.

my simblr (sometimes nsfw)

“Dude, suckin’ at something is the first step to being sorta good at something.”
Panquecas, panquecas e mais panquecas.
Admin of Randomness
retired moderator
#5 Old 21st Jul 2007 at 11:31 AM
Remember the age matters - so for kids, use the fairy costume, or that seasons girl's dress with the flower (that HP has a fix for, see her stuff)

"Undertake something that is difficult; it will do you good. Unless you try to do something beyond what you have already mastered, you will never grow." - Ronald E. Osborn

Please do NOT PM me with requests, creation questions, or game help questions. Click for help:
Game Help | Create | Content List | Where Can I Find?
Banned Asshat
#6 Old 21st Jul 2007 at 12:40 PM
There's a easy(and the correct) way to add extra groups to a outfit as i explained in the comments at HP's tutortial:
http://www.modthesims2.com/showthre...ewpost&t=213184

If you follow those instructions you have your extra groups.
But the settings of the groups will be the same as the one you copied them from.
You have to change few things to get it working properly in your case:
You need to change the type of CMaterialdefination from SimSkin into SimStandardMaterial in the materialdefinations from your new groups
And you have to set the stdMatAlphaBlendMode to blend to get it working as a alpha(its in properties).
Later on you can add the envcube if you like, there's a tut for that also arround.
Scholar
Original Poster
#7 Old 21st Jul 2007 at 12:42 PM Last edited by 9b8ll : 21st Jul 2007 at 10:10 PM.
Yay it finally worked!!!!! it now has two Groups the, mesh disappears and the envcube blends!!!

Thanks for your help HP Geez You made it sound so easy and I take a look at the seasons girl's dress mesh !!! Now I might can add more groups for men just like the females now.
Scholar
Original Poster
#8 Old 21st Jul 2007 at 1:02 PM Last edited by 9b8ll : 21st Jul 2007 at 1:42 PM.
I followed that tutorial a already on females to test it with the hula alpha mesh. It took me a while but finally worked and thanks to you blurr, you made the last 4 steps easy and now the female has 3 groups. (the First Pic above) I will follow that method too. but what I'm trying to do is make a mesh for both genders because I have an Idea for a mesh and make the mesh disappear like the hula skirt and have a second group for men but it worked in the end
Banned Asshat
#9 Old 21st Jul 2007 at 2:19 PM Last edited by bLURR : 21st Jul 2007 at 2:25 PM.
I posted one of my multimeshes here on mts2, it has 5 groups.
There all alpha's and so much fun for skinners.
There were some graphical issues in the past but there easy to solve by splitting up your alpha's in seperates but keep them named the same.
I posted few comments on some threads how to do so.
Glad you have it working
Bsett did something similar making a glass shoe, both transparant and envcube enabled.(i used them alot, there gorgeous)
Scholar
Original Poster
#10 Old 21st Jul 2007 at 10:42 PM Last edited by 9b8ll : 21st Jul 2007 at 10:51 PM.
Now as I look at bsett's platform shoe mesh and now I see how bsett made the shoe like glass. (I'm learning more everyday ) so about this stdMatAlphaBlendMode is there more blend modes than just None,Additive and blend?
And Blurr I didn't realize you were also know as BlooM from Imsim I love your meshes too

And tig you say use the fairy costume for the kids but what about the one's for teen and Toddlers and maybe elders I looking for a similar one like the hula mesh
Banned Asshat
#11 Old 22nd Jul 2007 at 12:37 AM Last edited by bLURR : 22nd Jul 2007 at 12:42 AM.
Use the info i gave you
You only have to add 3 lines to your property set, run it through bodyshop, done
It works for every outfit and gender, even for hair.
There are alot options in the material settings to change lightning and stuff like that.
There's some info here:http://www.modthesims2.com/showthread.php?t=35769
Near the end somewhere is a exel file with alot info.
Scholar
Original Poster
#12 Old 22nd Jul 2007 at 1:16 AM
Okay, I found and downloaded the excel file and it's pretty useful and thanks for making things easier too.
Instructor
#13 Old 27th Jul 2007 at 5:26 PM
Quote: Originally posted by HystericalParoxysm
Male and female sims use the same skeleton so it works just fine. You're doing it the hard way.

I did not know that at all...that is a super great tip to know!