Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Banned Asshat
#26 Old 5th Nov 2007 at 7:40 PM
I think that if you want this working without any crunches you should use the comments that are in the normal body skeleton but also adjust/update the cres file so both will have the same values/positions.

but then again, if the hair animations are based or build on the interaction between the hairmesh and bodymesh then you end up with no anime?

I have to admit, its a bit above my head tho
Advertisement
Alchemist
#27 Old 5th Nov 2007 at 9:16 PM
Quote: Originally posted by RenegadeSims
I'm also just boggled at why these issues are more common now than before, when it seemed to rarely happen despite hair meshes still being different in comments, etc.

It has been many months ago, but Nouk and I worked on a problem hair mesh, some dreadlocks, which scrunched in, that ended up being fixed by a skeleton replacement.

At that time, I though Nouk had accidentally moved the _hair bones, although she though differently. I now believe that, in fact, it was the same thing Lunar Eclipse discovered, it was the wrong skeleton.

I believe the issue of the problem being "more common" is a factor not of newness, but of attention. Nouk has been complaining sporadically of this for some time, but this time we had more hair meshers working at once, and are fortunate to have had someone like Lunar Eclipse that was able to stick with the problem until a solution popped up.

If I thought the UniMesh plugins had some direct role, I would own up to it and try to fix them. But basically, there are only two times it pays attention to the bone comments, once, when a file is imported, and then when it is exported, where they are merely read and converted from text numbers back to floats for inclusion in the exported model.

I don't know of anything that would change the number values in the comments, other then editing them, which I do not think is a part of the issue at all.

I think it is just something we did not know, that you can't convert an adult and teen hair to each other using the same skeleton, that these two skeletons vary mainly by the _hair bones, and maybe you cannot use some skeletons for hair meshes at all.

<* Wes *>

If you like to say what you think, be sure you know which to do first.
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#28 Old 6th Nov 2007 at 8:57 AM Last edited by Lunar Eclipse : 6th Nov 2007 at 3:57 PM.
Default Skeletons
I've found out good fixes for men.
For adult.. I'm still not sure what's best.

But the teen male bald hair handles everything well (it would seem).
Child bald hair works.
For toddler, the pfmob hair works.

For adult male, I used the PGskater hair.
Then used the male bald hair comments for b_hair.

I didn't do my female versions yet.

EDIT:
Same results for women.
I'd say just work with the bald hair skeletons for child and teen (both genders).
pfmob hair for toddler.
and pgchoppy (adult female), PGskater (adult male).. and then just replace b_hair comments with adult bald hair one for whichever gender you are working with...

Results:
http://community.livejournal.com/ec...313.html#cutid1

Eclipse Sims 4 on tumblr
~°*CAS Custom Content Downloads*°~
Banned Asshat
#29 Old 6th Nov 2007 at 10:33 AM Last edited by bLURR : 6th Nov 2007 at 11:04 AM.
Quote: Originally posted by wes_h
I think it is just something we did not know, that you can't convert an adult and teen hair to each other using the same skeleton, that these two skeletons vary mainly by the _hair bones, and maybe you cannot use some skeletons for hair meshes at all.

<* Wes *>

Its even worse...
You cant even convert a specific adult hairskeleton to another adult hairmesh without getting it scrunched.

Take the Maxis adult hairmesh afhairfuzzylongcp and switch the skeleton with the one from the adult afhairponytailhigh.......
Results:
A scrunched default maxis hairmesh

I had some similar results with accesoires to, not scrunched but totally offline

The reason they scrunch up is pure due the fact that the comments in the hair bones in milkshape dont match the cres settings.(because you start using new hair bones in that mesh that dont have the proper settings in the cres file) I think.
Alchemist
#30 Old 6th Nov 2007 at 6:40 PM
Quote: Originally posted by bLURR
The reason they scrunch up is pure due the fact that the comments in the hair bones in milkshape dont match the cres settings.(because you start using new hair bones in that mesh that dont have the proper settings in the cres file) I think.

To the best of my knowledge, that is correct. However, converting the way those numbers are expressed in the comments and the way they are expressed in the CRES is not very simple, because the GMDC has absolute rotation and translation values, while the CRES uses parent-relative, where they are increments from the parent bone. Since the heirarchy for the hair bones has a half dozen or so parents in the chain, that is a lot of calculations. Better to get the right skeleton in the first place.

<* Wes *>

If you like to say what you think, be sure you know which to do first.
Page 2 of 2