Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#26 Old 7th Oct 2006 at 11:49 PM
Hum........have I said something wrong ? Or ask something I shouldn't have ? If so I didn't intend to sorry.
Advertisement
Admin of Randomness
retired moderator
#27 Old 8th Oct 2006 at 4:18 AM
No mystik somehow I didn't see your question...
Uhm. In the milkshape tips article there are tips for which 'divide' commands in milkshape will work best (like they were automatically uvmap, which is important!)

"To add new points, select the face(s) you wish to add vertices to, and use the 'subdivide 4' or 'subdivide 3' commands. They will automatically be added to the UV Map, although you will still need to make bone assignments to the new vertices. Avoid 'subdivide 2', as that command does not UV Map the newly created vertices."

You can also build (and learn from generic milkshape tutorials on the web) objects/parts from scratch, uvmap them, then move them into place, move the uvmap to work with your layout... and then do all the bone assignments for the new vertices.

Oh yes, those divide commands will uvmap correctly, but they will NOT have bone assignments - so make sure to do bone assignments on those new vertices.

"Undertake something that is difficult; it will do you good. Unless you try to do something beyond what you have already mastered, you will never grow." - Ronald E. Osborn

Please do NOT PM me with requests, creation questions, or game help questions. Click for help:
Game Help | Create | Content List | Where Can I Find?
Test Subject
Original Poster
#28 Old 8th Oct 2006 at 7:01 AM Last edited by Mystik36 : 8th Oct 2006 at 7:07 AM.
Thank you so much Tiggerypum! As a matter of fact I found some good milkshape tuto on the net about making objects/parts from scratch. But didn't found the one you talk about ''the tips article''........I will find it

My mesh is starting to look very good (big thanks to you ), just didn't do the alpha part yet :>

=Added=
Arfff I just found your tips article 8>
Test Subject
Original Poster
#29 Old 10th Oct 2006 at 8:47 AM
Ok I'm stock here grrrr hihihi, I did everything for the alpha skirt but now I'm searching how to make the underneath part of the skirt, I snaped the top part so there is only one vertex in the middle(well more than one vertex but all snap togeter) and using an alpha skirt mesh as guide I realise that the closed part was black outside and gray inside like it was turn over.

I used the same mesh gmdc for the 3 parts; body, body_alpha3 and body_alpha5...... because I didn't like the skirt of the hula, hope it is ok...

So now I have a 3 parts mesh and for the underneath part I just duplicated the skirt, I didn't do the fatmorph I'll do it when everything will be working.

If everything I've done yet is ok then the only missing part is HOW the hell I'm I turning this part over ?? hihi

Another big thanks in advance
Test Subject
Original Poster
#30 Old 10th Oct 2006 at 8:37 PM
It is Ok I think I found the answer for this one...........Thanks anyway
Test Subject
Original Poster
#31 Old 24th Oct 2006 at 5:29 AM
Hi again.

Ok I had a fiew problem that I resolved (I hope) but there is still something I would like to ask because I'm not sure it is suppose to be like that.

- When I select 2 vertices to join 2 parts together, say like, in the upper leg ; to my knowledge it is suppose to have the same amount of vertices in each part but sometimes (like in the mesh i'm working on know) there is one more vertex in one part then the other(ex: part 0 have 2 vertices / part 2 have 3 vertices) all assign to the same bone. Is it ok? And if not, how do I repair it ?

Thank you for any help.........Mystik
Admin of Randomness
retired moderator
#32 Old 24th Oct 2006 at 10:09 AM
It doesn't matter how many vertices are on a single spot/location - as long as they have identical x y z values and identical bone assignments, they will move as one.

Now if you're trying to join say a ring that has 6 vertices (in diff locations) to a ring that has 7 vertices around it (in diff locations), that is going to be difficult to get perfectly seamless.

"Undertake something that is difficult; it will do you good. Unless you try to do something beyond what you have already mastered, you will never grow." - Ronald E. Osborn

Please do NOT PM me with requests, creation questions, or game help questions. Click for help:
Game Help | Create | Content List | Where Can I Find?
Test Subject
Original Poster
#33 Old 24th Oct 2006 at 1:43 PM
Thanks Tig, your first answer is the right one for my situation, the 2 rings has identical amount of vertices to join.
Page 2 of 2