Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#1 Old 13th Jun 2018 at 11:50 PM

This user has the following games installed:

Sims 2, University, Nightlife, Open for Business, Pets, Seasons, Bon Voyage, Free Time, Apartment Life
Default Sims 2 UC stops working. No not a crash.
Not sure what this would classify as but I'm 99% sure its not a crash
First off I love the sims 2 so this is really annoying that this keeps happening. I don't know if it's because it's an older game and I have a newer pc or what but this is what's happening

I have the Sims 2 Ultimate Collection. Worked fine when I first downloaded it (just that weird shadow glitch but there's a mod that fixed it so-).
But after a few days it just randomly stopped working. What I mean it did NOT crash, it just would NOT launch. I waited 10, 30 minutes and nothing. I reinstalled and it fixed it.
Another few days go by, same thing happens. I don't know what is going on, or if anyone else has had this happened to them. I tried to that origin repair thing and it didn't work (I felt like it wouldn't). I reinstalled agin
and it was fine. I tried running without cc one time see if that was the problem and it wasn't. I would run the game with cc and not change what cc I had and a day or 2 goes by and it wouldn't launch.

If someone can help me that'd be great, I don't want to keep reinstalling because I lose all my sims and progress. I have tried saving my sims and such but when I do and then put them back into the folder the game just won't launch like above.
Someone please help! This problem is so annoying and aggravating!
Advertisement
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#2 Old 14th Jun 2018 at 12:22 AM
Check out the sticky thread. http://modthesims.info/showthread.php?t=610641 you may have to allocate memory.

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~
The Great AntiJen
retired moderator
#3 Old 14th Jun 2018 at 1:38 AM
Did you delete cache files? Also, stop reinstalling - sooner or later you'll run into problems with that. It's generally unnecessary, most things are fixable.

I no longer come over to MTS very often but if you would like to ask me a question then you can find me on tumblr or my own site tflc. TFLC has an archive of all my CC downloads.
I'm here on tumblr and my site, tflc
Mad Poster
#4 Old 14th Jun 2018 at 1:44 AM
Sounds like a classic cache issue.

Have you tried deleting the cache files? They're found in Documents/EA Games/The Sims 2 (you'll have 2-4 of them, depending on whether you've used Bodyshop)

(Accessory.cache, Cigen.cache, Contentregistry and Groups.package)
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#5 Old 14th Jun 2018 at 2:22 AM
As above, delete cache files and stop reinstalling, that can leave behind registry keys which needs manual removal. Only reinstall if you have somehow borked your install files (difficult to do) or are moving a to a new computer. Most issues will be found in the files under Documents not those under C drive.

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~
Mad Poster
#6 Old 14th Jun 2018 at 8:09 AM
Delete the cache files and the thumbnails folder and restart the game - it should work 99% of the tme.

If you have used a Registry cleaner, it is possible that you may have deleted some of the .dll files the game needs to run on. That is when you have to repair the game in Origin - it will put those files back. Your game and your cc will be safe. What you will need to do is to change the graphic files again, add the 4GB patch again and perhaps install a custom camera mod (if you use one) again. Also, download and install a new copy of the CEP. Be very careful of registry cleaners, you need to make sure that they know what not to delete.

Do not uninstall and reinstall - leave that for when there really is nothing else you can do or have to buy a new computer.
Scholar
#7 Old 14th Jun 2018 at 8:24 AM
And when groups.cache and Accessory.cache have regenerated, and you have exited the game, make those two files read-only (right-click, Properties, check read- only, Ok). That way they should hopefully make less trouble for you in the future.

Paladins/SimWardrobes downloads: https://simfileshare.net/folder/87849/
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#8 Old 14th Jun 2018 at 9:29 AM
Thank you all! I will try these when this problem occurs for me :3