Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 29th Aug 2011 at 1:17 AM Last edited by KimEunJung : 29th Aug 2011 at 9:51 AM.
[How to edit your RP posts]
This is a tutorial on how to edit your text and photos in RP posts

As you all know the quick reply option doesn't offer easy ways to edit your text. Finding it on the internet isn't always easy because computer lingo isn't clear to everyone.

In this post I am going to show you how to bold your text, how to italicize your text and also how to underline.

I will also show you how to center, left, and right align you text. Take a look at this example.

Looky here!
Pretty cool huh?
Ain't it fancy!

I will take you through everything you'll need to do to get this to show up using the quick reply option.
  • Bold

This is probably the second most needed font style. This helps to track other characters and your interactions with them.

To bold your text do this.

[ B ] (Your text here) [ / B ]

Omit the spaces.

How to use this: OOC:

Or when referencing another character for example. My characters name is Jia:

Jia turned to Nurse Aimee and smiled, holding his hand out in invitation.
  • Underlined

Underlined text is used in character applications. Here is an example for an RP application:

[ U ] Name [ / U ]

It will look like this

Name:

• Italics!

Italics are used to place emphasis on actions or to show thought. Its probably THE most used text style out there.

Here are two examples:

'What am I doing here? Jia thought, 'Where am I?'

Here is another.

A loud thwack! sounded through the room as the broom fell from its perch.

Now this is the basics. There are more ways you can do this like Making it bold and italicized and also underlined

You can make the sentence a jumble of cOdE

There is also aligning the text. There is center, left, and right alignment.
  • Center

Centering your text is simpe. The concept is easy to undstand. If you want an entire body of text centered this is what you need to do:

[ CENTER ] Your text here [ / CENTER ]
  • Left

Left alining is the same as center except, well, its left. Here is how its done:

[ LEFT ] Your text here [ / LEFT ]
  • Right

Alining to the right is the same concept as doing it to the ccenter and the left. Here is how its done:

[ RIGHT ] Your text here [ / RIGHT ]

These are the basics or text editing in the quick reply box. For images I upload them to tinypic and size them appropriately. Here is what you do after that:

If you are going to link the photo you would use the URL of the photo and insert it like so

[ URL = http:// Adress of Photo ] Here you would write photo [ / URL ]

Here is how it will look: Photo

Now if you are going to show the photo in the post it will need to look like this:

[ IMG] Your image URL here [ / IMG ]

Here is what it will look like:

I think I've covered all that needs to be covered. Hopefully this will be useful for everyone and easier to understand than reading a random article on the internet.

Now I want you guys to post and show me if you understand. Just practice!
Create a profile of your character and post it here.

You can do it!